Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

epileptic fits agogo!

HOLY CRAP

they're PAINTING with their BODIES

BEST EVER OLYMPICS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Now I'm worrying about the guy playing the instruments, he's gonna get his big sleeve caught and hurt his arm!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Xiney wrote: »
    Jesus, thanks for the tip! I'm going down to Galway next Wednesday actually already so that's perfect!

wow. no idea it was so cut throat though.

Also - would the landlords allow me to visit an atm or do I need to be carrying 900 euro in cash with me? I don't really like the idea of being in a strange city with that much money in the pocket... single lone female in a city she doesn't know..... I'd better stop talking now before someone decides to follow me and mug me :(

I'd carry half it anyway - you won't always be very close to an atm. Most shouldn't be too bad once you give them some money at least - the true madness probably hasnt started yet.

Thanks

Also, another question, since now I'm all nervous

Do I have to get dressed up? Like is it like a job interview? 'Cause to be perfectly honest I've only really got jeans at the moment... losing 3 stone will do that to your wardrobe. I have one pair of black dress slacks but no comfortable shoes to be walking/cycling around in that match them. Would a North Face jacket be too casual? Or is it the "right" kind of casual, ie, "I have money & you can trust me" casual? It's probably going to be raining, being Galway and all - and the North Face jacket is probably the only thing I own that will save me!

*spins around in circles very fast*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks

Also, another question, since now I'm all nervous

Do I have to get dressed up? Like is it like a job interview? 'Cause to be perfectly honest I've only really got jeans at the moment... losing 3 stone will do that to your wardrobe. I have one pair of black dress slacks but no comfortable shoes to be walking/cycling around in that match them. Would a North Face jacket be too casual? Or is it the "right" kind of casual, ie, "I have money & you can trust me" casual? It's probably going to be raining, being Galway and all - and the North Face jacket is probably the only thing I own that will save me!

*spins around in circles very fast*

northface is not cheep, dont think its to casual, is a ski type, fleece, or hoody,

suppose smart causal might be the best way to go, pair of nice jeans and a top i'd say is fine

would probably avoid the branded or tracky type stuff, going for a flat or apartment nowadays you have to protray your self in a certain light or image

I don't have any tracky type stuff

I'd basically be wearing what I wore to the Glasshouse - seeing as like I said, I own two pairs of jeans and about 5 tops at this moment in time.

It's a north face goretex windbreaker type jacket... although it, like most of my clothes... is too big for me now.

I'd basically be wearing what I wore to the Glasshouse - seeing as like I said, I own two pairs of jeans and about 5 tops at this moment in time.

i'd say that would be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

What a great customer service in Homebase! :D Bob c did everything he could to order my shed but it wasn't to happen. Thanks for all your help!
    Later I had to play buying a shed with the wee man and he did exactly what he saw in the shop.

We did get a shed in the end, if anyone is interested....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Mrs.T wrote: »
    What a great customer service in Homebase! :D Bob c did everything he could to order my shed but it wasn't to happen. Thanks for all your help!
    Later I had to play buying a shed with the wee man and he did exactly what he saw in the shop.

We did get a shed in the end, if anyone is interested....

Aww:) Was your little fella being Bob?

Glad you got your shed! Happy stuffing it full of rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Um... Congrat's on the new shed... :/

sueme wrote: »
    Aww:) Was your little fella being Bob?

Glad you got your shed! Happy stuffing it full of rubbish.

Yep, he was wee bob instead of wee man yesterday.... I had to ask if he had a shed a million times so he could "phone hq".....sigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Yep, he was wee bob instead of wee man yesterday.... I had to ask if he had a shed a million times so he could "phone hq".....sigh!

lol

Aw!!! cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

The Sligo forum seems to be very quite over the last day or two.

Does anybody have any news or anything.

I came out of work this evening to find that I had a puncture:( I wasn't very happy at all.
    I have to bring it to a garage in the morning,probably Advance Pitstop as its the closet to me.Hopefully I can get enough air into it to drive it down as the bolts were literally welded on and I couldn't get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi bobcar61

Bad luck on your car dude, hope you get it sorted out. I bought a new laptop today in PC World, so very happy right now, built in wireless so I can surf anywhere. Aside from that not much to report back on, weather has been terrific here, my old stomping ground Dublin has been hit hard with severe flash floods.

We've spent the WHOLE day trying to upgrade and downgrade our *BEEP* PSP and we still haven't worked it out :mad::mad::mad:

The weather hasn't been so fantastic this evening though.

My laptop has built in wireless aswell,its great lying in bed and been able to surf the net:) Although it can cause me to spend the whole day in bed which is a total waste of a day.

Mrs T - reminds me of the day Mr Xiney and I spent 5 hours attempting to change the fridge door hinges over to the other side at our old apartment only to finally figure out the @#$%ing fridge makers had drilled the holes for the hinges in the wrong place, hence our trouble!!

It was beautiful all day until 7pm when I had to cycle to work. And then the heavens opened :mad:

bobcar61 wrote: »

My laptop has built in wireless aswell,its great lying in bed and been able to surf the net:) Although it can cause me to spend the whole day in bed which is a total waste of a day.

it can be quite dangerious, i have mobile broadband, causes me to sit up at night surfing in bed, and spending half the next day still in bed surfing when i'm off work

:o

• Advertisement

mobile broadband is excellent. I put the laptop up on the bread box while I'm cooking from an online recipe :D

mobile broadband is excellent. I put the laptop up on the bread box while I'm cooking from an online recipe :D

use it in the bedroom, the kitchen, front room, use it on the bus when going home for a few days, have used it on the train, when waiting on my flight out of dublin when it was delayed a few hours, etc etc, its so bloody adictive

:D

only problem i had in the airport was trying to find a socket to plug it in to, any i did find seemed to be dummy plugs or just not wired

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,968 ✭✭✭DenMan

Nice one Xiney. I have become a terrific chef recently, cooking all sorts of wonderful dishes.Everybody thinks it's great, so I am happy. I of course won't tell them that the key to my recent good luck of fortune is down to the following:

www.videojug.com

I love it.

I made Lamb Chops in Thai Curry Sauce a couple weeks back - it was amazing. Got the vast majority of the ingredients from the spice shop on High Street also.

I think next time I'll make it with chicken though - the lamb chops were quite fatty (as lamb chops generally are)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Wellity wellity wellity. It has indeed been a bit quiet for the last few days hasn't it? I thought of posting an 'anyone out there' post once or twice but got too distracted. Anyway, got a notion that I now want to change my car to a Peugeot 406 round about 00 ish, did some snooping and spied what I thought would be a good 'un. Called them up, had a chat and arranged to go to drive down to see the car and hopefully buy it. Car was down in Bangor-Erris. I don't mind traveling that far if its worth it. So, My Daughter, girlfriend and I all headed off today down to bangor to look at a car, and MY GOD! Such an abominable ball of shite I have never seen before in all my life for a car of its age. Needless to say I spent about three minutes at this yoke and turned on my heels and went home. What a waste of time.

And they say dealers are a rip off eh?

Oh dear about the car Big Mac and the puncture Bobcar.
    The same happened to me a couple of weeks ago after a hospital appointment, me in the Sligo general car park struggling to get the wheel nuts undone.
    I had a great day yesterday, went to the car boot sale and market in Carrick on Shannon and then got molested by donkeys!:eek:

magnumlady wrote: »
    I had a great day yesterday, [...] got molested by donkeys!:eek:

My goodness. You're far more kinky than I would have ever imagined...

Great news,I got a new tyre but might I add at a crazy price.Although they are not the most common tyres in the world.
    I have always wanted to go to the boot sale in Carrick-On-Shannon.Does a good crowd turn up to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

magnumlady wrote: »
    I had a great day yesterday, [...] got molested by donkeys!:eek:

* Backs away slowly *

• Advertisement

* Backs away slowly *

I wish the donkeys had backed away slowly!:D

Advertisement