Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Mrs.T wrote: »
    It was meant to be a compliment, I'd imagined you to have a baseball cap, oversized clothes - gangsta like! You pleasantly surprised me!

I spat my tea on the computer over that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Mrs.T wrote: »
    It was meant to be a compliment, I'd imagined you to have a baseball cap, oversized clothes - gangsta like! You pleasantly surprised me!

Hmm, I don't even like hip-hop... Was the band any good after that? I had an early start the next morning so couldn't stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah, they were quite good. The singing was ok but the guitar was really very good. I'd go see them again if I knew where they'd be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney and YC, hope it all goes well for you tomorrow!! See u's soon hopefully!!! :D

Thanks Mrs T!

Just waiting on the van now..... I had no idea we had so much stuff. I believe the volume has doubled since last year. We seem to have a compulsive book & DVD purchasing habit...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Oh did ye get a place? Good stuff, enjoy Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I successfully moved this morning... still in the process of unpacking.

We had a van-load of stuff.. used the same guys as the Xiney's (Men With A Van) and can't recommend them enough. Absolutely solid blokes.. sound and fantastic service from them. You think ye had a lot of DVD's Xiney? Ye two have seen my collection.. had 5 DVD racks of 40 DVD's on each and a large box full of boxsets. Filled the van to the brim anyways. Have 7 large boxes, a large glass stand for a TV, a couple of hold-all's and close to 15 - 20 smaller boxes. And about 20 black bags!

Still a couple of bits and pieces to take outta boxes.. but have been taking stuff outta bags and boxes since 11.20 this morning.

Best of luck to the Xiney's by the way.

Am absolutely knackered now.. but enjoying my brand new 5MB BT broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

basquille wrote: »

We had a van-load of stuff.. used the same guys as the Xiney's (Men With A Van) and can't recommend them enough. Absolutely solid blokes.. sound and fantastic service from them. You think ye had a lot of DVD's Xiney? Ye two have seen my collection.. had 5 DVD racks of 40 DVD's on each and a large box full of boxsets. Filled the van to the brim anyways. Have 7 large boxes, a large glass stand for a TV, a couple of hold-all's and close to 15 - 20 smaller boxes. And about 20 black bags!

Still a couple of bits and pieces to take outta boxes.. but have been taking stuff outta bags and boxes since 11.20 this morning.

I suspect spending so much time in Bargain Alerts doesn't help. All those bargains you can't resist!

Good luck in your new home. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Now if you just told us where the gaff is, we can come around and fleece it all

• Advertisement

Cheers sue.

Pretty much all done now.. apart from clothes which are all folded so just need to go in wardrobes and drawers.

Absolutely shattered now.. going to order a Chinese and have an early night. Work tomorrow! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

elshambo wrote: »
    Now if you just told us where the gaff is, we can come around and fleece it all

or have an improptu flat warming

:D

then fleece it all, sorry, borrow

;)

LOL we're back in Sligo already

For an explaination as to why, see the following comic:

moving.png

No seriously. We're living in a house for the next week with none of our stuff so that we can have internet access.

(Although it's for good reasons - I still have to find a job and John's still got work to do)

Oh and thanks for all the well wishes everyone! We actually THOUGHT we were using Men with a Van, which is who I called, but they must have been fully booked and passed us on to John's Removals. John is a legend, by the way. He even dropped off our Tumble Dryer at the parents' in law in Dromore West at no (or very little anyway) extra charge.

Crikey! You mad things!! Let me know if you need anything, I have camp beds, sleeping bags etc...

/walks away shaking head...

we'll be fine :P the house is furnished after all, and we kept enough clothes behind that we won't begin to smell.

(I did pack the tea and sugar though, which turned out to be a mistake)

That's awful rough Xiney.

Out of all the stress, one of the biggest reliefs I had was getting a text message from BT Broadband last Tuesday saying our broadband was active in our new apartment.

Best of luck to John in his project presentation.. which I presume is shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Xiney ye could've bummed off our/my wireless for a few days, I don't think the girls would've minded...Oh well I'm sure ye'll make the mover permanent soon enough. Galway is cool btw, its the anti sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

If Jizzlord is who I think he is, I could easily of ran him over today when he was cycling.All it needed was for me to be going a bit faster.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    If Jizzlord is who I think he is, I could easily of ran him over today when he was cycling.All it needed was for me to be going a bit faster.
    Blast... our plans dashed again! :mad:

3_pinky-brain-cage.jpg

PS - I'm Brain obviously.. it makes sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Next time... Next time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

NARF!

P.S., I'm back, and thanks for noticing I haven't been posting for a while......:p

Yes,on that not BM,where were you.

I think I might have been talking to Basquille today....Basquille did Sky ring you today asking to install Sky on Monday but you put it off until Thursday.
    And I might have been talking to Jizzlord today aswell.

Yes,on that not BM,where were you.

I think I might have been talking to Basquille today....Basquille did Sky ring you today asking to install Sky on Monday but you put it off until Thursday.
    And I might have been talking to Jizzlord today aswell.
    Yeah, that was me alright! :D Recognised the name on my Laser, did ya? Recognised you alright.

Was in buying a stand / shelve type deal-i-o.. were a bargain at 32 euros. Perfect for my spare TV and old XBox.

Sorry I didn't stop and chat but Sky always choose the most awkward times to phone me. Was scheduled to get Sky installed on Monday week.. but rang to say there was a cancellation this Monday but no-one would have been to supervise so arranged them to install it on Thursday instead when girlfriend is there. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

arrrghhhh, been looking a train and plane sites trying to book tickets for the last two hours, on a mobile connection thet is running at somewhere between dial up and ISDN, getting absolutly no where, either booked up or two expensive or at the totaly wrong time of day

<looks for brick wall to bang head off>

tell me about it stewie...

Zoom Airlines went out of business a couple days ago. We were planning on using them to visit my parents at Christmas. Now it's like.... now what?

irish-stew wrote: »
    arrrghhhh, been looking a train and plane sites trying to book tickets for the last two hours, on a mobile connection thet is running at somewhere between dial up and ISDN, getting absolutly no where, either booked up or two expensive or at the totaly wrong time of day

<looks for brick wall to bang head off>

My mobile connection is crap today as well. It must be the weather. Smoke signals for the winter I think.

Xiney wrote: »
    tell me about it stewie...

Zoom Airlines went out of business a couple days ago. We were planning on using them to visit my parents at Christmas. Now it's like.... now what?

I saw that, count yourself lucky you hadn't paid I guess. :(

Think the mobile operators (especially O2) are acting up today.. might be why mobile broadband is crap.

Couldn't ring out earlier on from anywhere in town.. switched phone off and everything. Everything's return to normal around 5-ish though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was me alright! :D Recognised the name on my Laser, did ya? Recognised you alright.

Was in buying a stand / shelve type deal-i-o.. were a bargain at 32 euros. Perfect for my spare TV and old XBox.

Sorry I didn't stop and chat but Sky always choose the most awkward times to phone me. Was scheduled to get Sky installed on Monday week.. but rang to say there was a cancellation this Monday but no-one would have been to supervise so arranged them to install it on Thursday instead when girlfriend is there. Happy days!

Actually no,I didn't look at your laser card,I think you posted a picture of yourself somewhere and I was wondering the whole way through,I was going to ask you but didn't incase I was wrong.

Glad you thought it was a bargain,filled the wine rack thing yet that you bought.
    And if it breaks,I blame your self assembly skills not the actual product.

Advertisement