Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Raffle? [m-m-merged]

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

cabrwab wrote: »

The lotto is a tax for idiots

I'd disagree. The lotto isn't a profit making machine for shareholders, money made is distributed out to local sports clubs, community facilities and the likes. Personally, it's a good way of contributing to various amenities in the country and puts you in with a chance of walking away with some serious cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

jordainius wrote: »
    Its worse than that;

On the night that the Tipperary Rose wins the Rose of Tralee in Tralee, it just so happens that tickets from Tipperary and Tralee win the millionaire "raffle" which also happens to be held in Tralee.

I'm no fan of conspiracy theories- but there are far too many coincidences here for my liking.

I've always said that gambling is a mugs game- but in this instance I feel genuinely sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people who were seemingly conned out of 20 euro under the false pretence that each ticket had an even chance of winning...
    I rest my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ghostrider77

That raffle was a really eye opener! I only do the lotto the odd time but I was looking forward to this raffle. Have to say everyone I watched the raffle with was dumbfounded and couldn't believe what was happening.

It was so badly done that you couldn't help feeling it was a total fix!!

Who is the lotto answerable too? Could fixing and corruption really exist in Irish life, sure'lly not??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The lotto is a tax for idiots
    Naos wrote: »
    I'd disagree. The lotto isn't a profit making machine for shareholders, money made is distributed out to local sports clubs, community facilities and the likes. Personally, it's a good way of contributing to various amenities in the country and puts you in with a chance of walking away with some serious cash.

What is tax used for? providing public amenities. roads, libraries, schools etc etc. Lotto takes money back off people, ableit voluntarily, to build facilities which should really be funded by government anyway. It attracts people on lower income because they feel they would NEED the money more. It IS a voluntary tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But why is it only for idiots, though? What about those who win? Are they all simpletons?

It's just a stupid comment people use when anyone mentions the lotto. If you don't buy tickets then good for you. You're all great. There's no need to talk down anyone who doesn't live your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

myself i generally prefer "a tax on the poor". i guess the idiot one comes from the long odds versus cost of entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

humanji wrote: »
    But why is it only for idiots, though? What about those who win? Are they all simpletons?

It's just a stupid comment people use when anyone mentions the lotto. If you don't buy tickets then good for you. You're all great. There's no need to talk down anyone who doesn't live your life.

If you do it in the knowledge that your almost certainly never going to win then fair enough. The idiots are the ones who actually expect to win and then come up with ridiculous conspiracy theories when they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

Has the raffle been made for tonight's draw or is it on later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

It's on after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

any results out for the draw made earlier in the day?

• Advertisement

http://www.lottery.ie/

Wait 'til 10am tomorrow for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Did anyone here win anything or do you know anyone who did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭georgem25

Same as usual - I won nothing!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

What time is the draw on tonight?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

8.50 on RTÉ One

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

where are the results? can only find on lotto.ie the millionaire and 100,000 result! i wanna know about the other prizes, Im sure I must have won something!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

kazza90210 wrote: »
    where are the results? can only find on lotto.ie the millionaire and 100,000 result! i wanna know about the other prizes, Im sure I must have won something!!!!
    Results for all prizes will be available on our website on August 27

http://www.lottery.ie/Home/Games/Easter-Millionaire-Raffle/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Won nothing :(

Advertisement