Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Raffle? [m-m-merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

giggsy664 wrote: »
    its on during the rose o' Tralee
    Think I'll just scan my ticket in the morning so :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Aw nuts I really wanted one.

Curse you procrastination!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm going to win lads, you might as well throw your tickets away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Never heard of this. Don't think I would have bought one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I figured they pay for the advertisments up front, so if they hadn't sold out then it would play the adverts up until the day of the draw... Also they're obviously planning on running another draw after this so no harm in getting as much advertising as possible.
    €1M for a website is a bit much though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Damn, i set up a new thread. Anyway i got myself a ticket. Bring it on!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

Damn, never heard of this! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Messed Up Mind

Yep. Have my ticket. Everyone in my family (6 of us) pitched in a few quid to get two tickets. Might as well try our luck anyway! Sure the National Lottery do need money to pay for their ridiculously overpriced website ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

They made such a big thing over this yet they slot the draw in a TEN MINUTE section between the Rose of Tralee??

How Irish :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dymondz wrote: »
    They made such a big thing over this yet they slot the draw in a TEN MINUTE section between the Rose of Tralee??

What should they have done? A half hour of extravegant ****e like the National Lottery and the BBC do in the UK?

dymondz wrote: »

Sounds alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    What should they have done? A half hour of extravegant ****e like the National Lottery and the BBC do in the UK?

Ye why not, if i win a million id like a bit of a fuss made over me! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And isn't it terrible to say that in this day and age, I couldn't really give up my job. Pay of the mortgage, get a nice car, few holidays and you'll be left with some savings. Still, I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning a happier man.

Those people who say that money can't by happiness are deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

And isn't it terrible to say that in this day and age, I couldn't really give up my job. Pay of the mortgage, get a nice car, few holidays and you'll be left with some savings. Still, I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning a happier man.

Spare me a 50? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I really need 50 euro to pay someone off or I'm in massive trouble.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can I have a lend of €51? I need to by The Wrath Of Cult's membership :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

boo hoo

Oh, and I also need €350 to buy this handbag I saw in BTs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's in the special €20 lotto draw that's on tonight...I'm a shoe in for a windfall

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

It's in the special €20 lotto draw that's on tonight...I'm a shoe in for a windfall
    ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

??????

if i had a clear million i'd be able to live off it why wouldn't you?

Tigger wrote: »
    ??????

if i had a clear million i'd be able to live off it why wouldn't you?

A million Euro goes pretty fast in imaginationland, where the OP obviously lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

antodeco wrote: »
    Can I have a lend of €51? I need to by The Wrath Of Cult's membership :D
    I like what you did there. That's ingenuity at it's finest.

Nah you couldn't live off a million to support a family. OP already said why - "Pay of the mortgage, get a nice car, few holidays and you'll be left with some savings."

I like what you did there. That's ingenuity at it's finest.

have you not put your membership on adverts.ie yet mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Spare a euro for the baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Tigger wrote: »
    phasers wrote: »
    can you loan me 150 quid? I need to buy a ticket to *something* on eBay and it's a total rip off.QUOTE]

reported
    Where's the smily face so we know you're joking...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Nah you couldn't live off a million to support a family. OP already said why - "Pay of the mortgage, get a nice car, few holidays and you'll be left with some savings."

1,000,000 euro is the equivilant to earning 35k a year for 28 years (with enough for a decent car left over).

I know plenty of people that support a family on that. Not to mention the intrest would be handy on that.

If you did not run out like a muppet throwing money around you could live off it fine.

• Advertisement

sure you could

you'd get 7% if you invested it with any real thought; 7% of a million is 70k in hand thats 40k to live off and 30k to re-invest each year to stay ahead of inflation whats a nice car? are we talking 6 figures here? if so then what he acually means is if i wanted to live life as a millionare i'd have to keep working but to maintain my current lifstyle a million clear would be enuff

Advertisement