Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone buy a ticket for the Lotto Millionaire Raffle? [m-m-merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Didn't win a thing either. Winner in tralee and all that, suspect really.
    wonder if anyone here won anything at all on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

Out of the people here not one of us won.
    And the way they showed the results was so boring.
    I'm just a little pissed that i didn't win a cent:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Is it just me or does it look like there was **** all winners with numbers that began with 1*****

Total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

No boardsie winners then no? It's a bad luck site i tells ya.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

OK probably a stupid question but if the draw was only limited to 300,000 people how come some of the winning numbers are 4***** and so on?

Surely the number would be 1 - 300,000 no or would that be too obvious ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

No the numbers started at 100,000

I asked the guy in the local 24hr and he said the Lotto doesn't have photos of all the shopkeepers...utter bollocks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

RonMexico wrote: »
    No the numbers started at 100,000

I asked the guy in the local 24hr and he said the Lotto doesn't have photos of all the shopkeepers...utter bollocks.

well then in that case they still oversold tickets if one of the winning ticket numbers was 423241

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Nothing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

RonMexico wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it look like there was **** all winners with numbers that began with 1*****

Total joke.

I thought the same - it was as if every number starting below 3xxxxxx was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭midajoh

The numbers went from 123456 to 423455.
    My number was 367478 the closest number to mine was 367408:(
    Maybe the next time they will do a better setup.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 manyworlds

millionaire tickets start at 123456

You will find this on lotto website and on Wikypedia. Unfortunately the €1 million that they spent on their new website was not too well spent as the lotto website only works when there is no traffic. So wait a day or two and you should be able to access the site.

I thought the same - it was as if every number starting below 3xxxxxx was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bazwin wrote: »
    have just seen the draw and thought it was done unfairly and to make matters worse....there was a millionaire winner in Tralee.I'm not a begrudger but does anyone else find this a little bit suspiciuos the fact that the Rose of Tralee was on down there at the same time as well

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

miju wrote: »
    well then in that case they still oversold tickets if one of the winning ticket numbers was 423241

started at number 123456

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sure the regular lotto is rigged too, ive NEVER won it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jaayd

the numbers started from 123456 thus the last number sold was 423455, still does not explain the crap way the "live" draw was done 5 hours before the result, nor the fluke of the 1,000,000 going to tralee, nor the fact that the website crashed and is still not up at 5.20am the following day. the lottery people have a lot of questions to answer after this sham of a draw, im still trying to check my numbers to no avail. prob wasting my time as im not in kerry!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I won the Million. Both the millions, actually

jaayd wrote: »
    the numbers started from 123456 thus the last number sold was 423455, still does not explain the crap way the "live" draw was done 5 hours before the result, nor the fluke of the 1,000,000 going to tralee, nor the fact that the website crashed and is still not up at 5.20am the following day. the lottery people have a lot of questions to answer after this sham of a draw, im still trying to check my numbers to no avail. prob wasting my time as im not in kerry!

See #109.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Very badly organised draw in my eyes.....
    They should have shown how the numbers were picked instead of Derek Mooney in Tralee announcing the number & the shops who sold the tickets.

There was no transparency at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Nothing for me either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

lucylu wrote: »
    Very badly organised draw in my eyes.....
    They should have shown how the numbers were picked instead of Derek Mooney in Tralee announcing the number & the shops who sold the tickets.

There was no transparency at all.

I call Shenanigans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Not sure who it was that originally said the Lottery was a tax on idiots, but this thread certainly proves it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

if anyone wants il give them odds of 75k-1 with minimum bets of 100eu ...

bettors will pick a number between 1 and 75,000 and we can use a random number generator to see who the lucky one is :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Friend of my here at work was at a friends house last night when the friend checked her ticket. 10,000 richer :) Needed the money so nice break!

Couldn't check myself so waiting until later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 dymondz

An absolute embarassment the way the draw was done. Derek Mooney is such as ass! All very rushed in my opinion for such a build up the past few months.

I didnt win either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Lol yeh, he started calling out each individual digit of the number slowly so as to create some suspense....I was like..."We can see the fcuking number on screen!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Not sure who it was that originally said the Lottery was a tax on idiots, but this thread certainly proves it!

There's a load of them on Liveline now going apeshít that they didn't win and blow the lot on a big pissup, then down to Vincent with help for the kids back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

While it sucks i didn't win anything, glad at least i had a ticket to have a chance. Im still an idiot! But what the frick is everybody giving out about because they didn't win. I accept i fell for it.

The lotto is a tax for idiots but the lotto losers who complain about losing are the real idiots.

I gambled i lost i thought the odds were worth the risk! (with the €20 note i found a jacket pocket lost for months)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Their computer system will tell them which shop the winning tickets were sold in so its just a matter of getting the local reps to nip in with a digital camera , take a few snaps and send them to tralee where they print them off, that said it should have been done live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

bazwin wrote: »
    have just seen the draw and thought it was done unfairly and to make matters worse....there was a millionaire winner in Tralee.I'm not a begrudger but does anyone else find this a little bit suspiciuos the fact that the Rose of Tralee was on down there at the same time as well

Its worse than that;

On the night that the Tipperary Rose wins the Rose of Tralee in Tralee, it just so happens that tickets from Tipperary and Tralee win the millionaire "raffle" which also happens to be held in Tralee.

I'm no fan of conspiracy theories- but there are far too many coincidences here for my liking.

I've always said that gambling is a mugs game- but in this instance I feel genuinely sorry for the hundreds of thousands of people who were seemingly conned out of 20 euro under the false pretence that each ticket had an even chance of winning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,467 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually know the guy and his wife who won the million in Clonmel, he well deserves it, least I can say my mates a millionaire :)

Advertisement