Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Football League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

jake59 wrote: »

it really depends on my fitness.... the fatter i get the further i go back so i would class myself as a centre half at the moment:D:D

does that also work in reverse? Will you be a striker at the end of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Villain wrote: »
    Premier's have a friendly tonight
    Is the league game against Fiacc's off?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Our opener is against St Josephs this Sunday. Anyone played them recently?

no, sorry. We're playing baltinglass away. (presuming of course that I actually make the 2nd team)

What did you make of Blatinglass? Has their pitch improved?!

We drew with St Jospephs, I wasnt playing myself as I was sick over the weekend. Josephs didnt look too bad but we had some really good chances in the second half and should have won.

• Advertisement

I wasn't playing with the 2nd team. I started with the 3rds.
    Apparently the pitch in Baltinglass was terrible and the game was a bit dirty too so I'm glad I missed that.
    I was playing against Carlow Rovers and i felt we were by far the better team but we ended up losing 3-0. :(

We'd plenty of good chances but couldn't but them away and a few stupid mistakes at the back allowed them in to score. Absolutely raging but it was our 1st game together so we'll see how things progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Apparently the pitch in Baltinglass was terrible and the game was a bit dirty too so I'm glad I missed that.
    I was playing against Carlow Rovers and i felt we were by far the better team but we ended up losing 3-0. :(

We'd plenty of good chances but couldn't but them away and a few stupid mistakes at the back allowed them in to score. Absolutely raging but it was our 1st game together so we'll see how things progress.

did the 2nds beat baltinglass?

Saw the name in the paper alright!

Carlow Soccer site has a forum up now too.

Saw the name in the paper alright!

Carlow Soccer site has a forum up now too.

my name?
    I did see the forum but never viewed it. Is there much activity on it?

my name?
    I did see the forum but never viewed it. Is there much activity on it?

Yeah your name.

No activity yet, but potential.

• Advertisement

Yeah your name.

No activity yet, but potential.

I read it. "Best for the Parkville were......"

I registered on that forum just to post on "Best wishes 'KEVIN' nolan".... His name is Ken ffs!

I registered on that forum just to post on "Best wishes 'KEVIN' nolan".... His name is Ken ffs!

Saw that but didnt realise it was you. I never saw the forum there last year, they have removed all posts from last season?

Saw that but didnt realise it was you. I never saw the forum there last year, they have removed all posts from last season?

did the name not give it away?
    Dunno about the posts, i only registered on the site this week.

Ardattin and Derry Rovers have pulled out of our league.

Ive started a thread here:

http://carlowsoccer.forummotion.com/white-pharmacy-division-f3/derry-rovers-and-ardatting-pull-out-of-league-t88.htm#499

But thought Id throw it into this thread also as its a big story. Any team pulling out of a league is sad to see. Derry Rovers have always had a good underage set up, so losing their senior team is a blow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

I was very surprised Ardattin went I thought they had a good number of players. Makes that division small with 8 teams

The bulk of last years squad are tied up in GAA for a few months, so we were left very stuck for players. Shame really, because they have an excellent squad when all are available.

Ah that old chestnut of GAA players been told they can't play soccer under the GAA is over, I could never understand why the players can't play both

In fairness, the GAA club in question are doing very well, they take it very seriously. Personally I dont understand it either though, soccer is down the pecking order out around there

It sucks to see any team go. 2 from the same league is a serious blow.

@Villain: I saw you up at training last friday. You didn't stay long though did you?

@Eddiehead: What did you make of the game on sunday? Bit of a silly sending off but sure, if the chap can't shut his mouth....

@jake69: I enjoyed playing beside you. we were pretty damn solid for a huge part of the game.

@Eddiehead: What did you make of the game on sunday? Bit of a silly sending off but sure, if the chap can't shut his mouth....

To be honest Shay I only caught the last 15 mins or so, missed the sending off. Yourself and Jake seem handy enough at the back. I was really shocked at the state of the pitch tbh, Ive often heard about pitches in bad condition but that was rediculous, the rain didnt help either. It should be a close enough game this sunday.

Oh I was looking at the new car park, trying to work out best way for parking cars. TBH I'm too busy to play at the moment, I would prob tog out for the 3rds if the auld lad wasn't managing

Hhahaha, That's funny. Your Da doesn't want the job so maybe later in the season you can get a run.

eddiehead wrote: »
    To be honest Shay I only caught the last 15 mins or so, missed the sending off. Yourself and Jake seem handy enough at the back. I was really shocked at the state of the pitch tbh, Ive often heard about pitches in bad condition but that was rediculous, the rain didnt help either. It should be a close enough game this sunday.

ah right. I only saw you leaving. I didn't actually see you during the game. The pitch is pretty bad out there alright but most of the pitches in carlow league are.

• Advertisement

Oh I know he's being trying to get me to manage the team, but I'm loosing hair quick enough as it is :D

LMAO! Is there nobody out there that wants the job? Shockin'

No, I'm ok thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

@jake69: I enjoyed playing beside you. we were pretty damn solid for a huge part of the game.

ah yeah I enjoyed it too and the team played well in the first half. the sending off just gave them so much room in the centre but we held out well. the goals came from set pieces and both were avoidable though the conditions played a huge part. i don't think i have ever played on a worse pitch!!

You guys playing Tullow Town this week? You do realise they have never beaten a Parkville team, no pressure now :D

Seriously? Thats some record in fairness.

Well AFAIK its true, although in fairness there was a game about 6 years ago where Tullow Town were 2 goals up and a sub pushed the ref (nocky) and the game was abandoned, they would have won it other than that, we haven't played them that often in recent years as we only had 2 teams. They are always cracking (no pun intended) games.

Well it should be good alright. Ive trained with both teams since Ardattin finished and I have to say Town have some handy enough players goin forward, so Parkvilles defense will be key IMO(again Shay, no pressure ;))

jake59 wrote: »
    ah yeah I enjoyed it too and the team played well in the first half. the sending off just gave them so much room in the centre but we held out well. the goals came from set pieces and both were avoidable though the conditions played a huge part. i don't think i have ever played on a worse pitch!!

You'll have to get used to the pitches. They're pretty bad around here.

eddiehead wrote: »
    Well it should be good alright. Ive trained with both teams since Ardattin finished and I have to say Town have some handy enough players goin forward, so Parkvilles defense will be key IMO(again Shay, no pressure ;))

Pressure? Whats that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eddie farrell

as captain of tullow town ill look forward to seeing you sunday shay.and also to telling all the lads at training 2nite what you said about us being a terrible team.so if were a terrible team and we beat yie on sunday?which WE WILL what will that make you and your team mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eddie farrell

yea its a full team of tullow players.and i wasnt the one saying any1 eles team was terrible shay might have to eat his words. oh and parkville dont mind none tullow players becouse yie signed the 3 polish lads we got rid of so people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

• Advertisement

as captain of tullow town ill look forward to seeing you sunday shay.and also to telling all the lads at training 2nite what you said about us being a terrible team.so if were a terrible team and we beat yie on sunday?which WE WILL what will that make you and your team mates?

Hey Eddie,

Whats the craic? Welcome to Boards.ie. great first post btw.... all threatening and scary :) The last game I saw Town play was a friendly against Parkville in pre-season and if I remember correctly, the score was 7-0 ?

Great game it was too

Advertisement