Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Football League

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi I have been living in Tullow for the last year, and am just wondering what the standard of football(soccer) is down here. Have been asked to play for the local team. Just wondering is all dudes!!!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

join parkville utd. One of the top 3 teams in carlow. if you want to watch team play first check out some pre-season friendly matches

Parkville United FC Pre Season Fixtures 22 hours ago

1:
    Thursday 7th August....Deen Celtic FC Castlecomer (kilkenny league) away

2:
    Sunday 10th August....Deen Celtic FC Castlecomer (kilkenny league) home

3:
    Week of Tuesday 12th - Saturday 16th August Date to be confirmed
    Castle Villa FC Castledermot (kildare league) home

4:
    Tuesday 19th August...Arklow Town FC (wicklow league) home
    Sean Doyle Memorial Trophy

LEAGUE KICK OFF ON FRIDAY 22ND AUGUST 2008

training friday nights at 7:15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I played with New Oak up until last season and I would tip them as being a club to watch out for this season. With their new ground in tip top shape and finally fenced off and attracting some good players, I reckon they will do well this season.

Regarding the overall standard, its a funny league. There are some very good teams but then there are some teams who baffle you with their success. Theres one particular team in the Premier Division this season and its beyond belief that they are there.

Slaney or Fiaccs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

ShayK1 wrote: »
    join parkville utd. One of the top 3 teams in carlow. if you want to watch team play first check out some pre-season friendly matches

Parkville United FC Pre Season Fixtures 22 hours ago

1:
    Thursday 7th August....Deen Celtic FC Castlecomer (kilkenny league) away

2:
    Sunday 10th August....Deen Celtic FC Castlecomer (kilkenny league) home

3:
    Week of Tuesday 12th - Saturday 16th August Date to be confirmed
    Castle Villa FC Castledermot (kildare league) home

4:
    Tuesday 19th August...Arklow Town FC (wicklow league) home
    Sean Doyle Memorial Trophy

LEAGUE KICK OFF ON FRIDAY 22ND AUGUST 2008

training friday nights at 7:15
    thanks, the local butcher asked me to play for tullow fc but they haven't started back training yet apparently... i'm sure you get new faces all the time coming up so might give the training a try.. it will get me fit if nothing else.

jake59 wrote: »
    thanks, the local butcher asked me to play for tullow fc but they haven't started back training yet apparently... i'm sure you get new faces all the time coming up so might give the training a try.. it will get me fit if nothing else.

jake, what butcher asked you to play for Tullow Town??
    It was hardly Laz was it? Thought he was parkville all the way.
    Parkville training is on tonight at 7:15 come along if you want.
    I'll be the guy with the long hair.

• Advertisement

Damn you Shay, all this talk of Carlow football and I went off and agreed to start back training next week! I was perfectly happy not playing until you came along!

Tullow Town have one of the nicest pitches in Carlow, love playing on it.

Damn you Shay, all this talk of Carlow football and I went off and agreed to start back training next week! I was perfectly happy not playing until you came along!

Tullow Town have one of the nicest pitches in Carlow, love playing on it.

Tullow Town's pitch is nice but... infortunately they're a terrible team.
    I only started back training lastweek, first time in 2 years and I really enjoy it. Looking forward to the new season.
    I only play 2nds, probably due to my fitness level but still its great fun.

Tullow Town's pitch is nice but... infortunately they're a terrible team.
    I only started back training lastweek, first time in 2 years and I really enjoy it. Looking forward to the new season.
    I only play 2nds, probably due to my fitness level but still its great fun.

I havent played in a year so dreading the first session back. What division will your team be in?

2nd division.
    You?

2nd division.
    You?

Looks like I will be playing you twice this year so!

• Advertisement

Looks like I will be playing you twice this year so!

who do you play for?

New OaK?

Yeah. I wasnt playing last year and we were not in same league as you before that so dont think we have every played each other. Maybe in some under 12s game a decade ago but not recently!

i'll look foward to it so.
    I didn't play last year either but I'm really looking forward to this season

Im looking forward to it too, but dreading training tonight, my limbs have lived a charmed life this past year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

i'll look foward to it so.
    I didn't play last year either but I'm really looking forward to this season

Whats Parkville seconds like Shay? Any room for a tubby little cnut like me?:D
    I want to play somewhere this year for the laugh, thinking bout Ardattin coz a few of my friends play there. Have to get in a lot more cardio in the gym to get the auld fitness up to scratch though

they have been pretty poor over the passed few years but I think we'll have a decent team this season.

There's talk of a 3rds team aswell because theres no u18s, only u17s.

Im looking forward to it too, but dreading training tonight, my limbs have lived a charmed life this past year!

ah sure who are ya telling. We had a tough enough training session friday night and then I had a rounders game on saturday. I could barely move on sunday morning!!

3rds? Woah, I probably wouldnt even make that. Honestly though imagine telling somebody you play for Parkville Turds? It just sounds like a very unfortunate franchise name tbh :pac:, the yanks would have a field day

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Ardattin AFC will be training on wednesday night at 7 30 you'll be more than welcome Eddy. We're well stuck for players this year. Can U play in goals?

eddiehead wrote: »
    3rds? Woah, I probably wouldnt even make that. Honestly though imagine telling somebody you play for Parkville Turds? It just sounds like a very unfortunate franchise name tbh :pac:, the yanks would have a field day

thats a very high opinion you have of yourself. You're hardly that bad? My fitness level is way down but I blame Dalton's for that. I'm slowly working my way back.

• Advertisement

mickos wrote: »
    Ardattin AFC will be training on wednesday night at 7 30 you'll be more than welcome Eddy. We're well stuck for players this year. Can U play in goals?

What division are ye in this year?

mickos wrote: »

Ye still lookin for a goalie? No sign of Mark O'N recouperating then no? I dont play in goal, though it may suit my currently disgraceful level of fitness.

thats a very high opinion you have of yourself. You're hardly that bad? My fitness level is way down but I blame Dalton's for that. I'm slowly working my way back.

Ah Im only takin the pi$$, Im not too bad when I can run. I dont drink a lot so I cant blame Daltons, I'll blame Griff :rolleyes:

Id imagine the seconds wouldnt be too bad this year since they'll probably have some decent young players who cant play youths anymore

they have been pretty poor over the passed few years but I think we'll have a decent team this season.

There's talk of a 3rds team aswell because theres no u18s, only u17s.

i'll have to give it a go...7.15 friday? right look out for the really tall dub who will be looking for directions to the thirds and who will be last in all the running drills.... feck it, i have to get my fitness up somehow... haven't played in 2 years.:confused:

jake, what butcher asked you to play for Tullow Town??
    It was hardly Laz was it? Thought he was parkville all the way.
    Parkville training is on tonight at 7:15 come along if you want.
    I'll be the guy with the long hair.

The butcher was a guy called Joe Maher... i think

Hes a PR guru for Tullow Town;) Didnt know he was a butcher though

i'll have to give it a go...7.15 friday? right look out for the really tall dub who will be looking for directions to the thirds and who will be last in all the running drills.... feck it, i have to get my fitness up somehow... haven't played in 2 years.:confused:

Cool, the more the merrier. Is your real name jake? I'm Shay. I'll be the only guy there with long (ish) hair. And yeah 7:15. We start at 7:30 and train till 9. don't worry, I'm very unfit too.

I should've known!!!

eddiehead wrote: »
    Hes a PR guru for Tullow Town;) Didnt know he was a butcher though

He's worked in Laz Murphy's for years

Cool, the more the merrier. Is your real name jake? I'm Shay. I'll be the only guy there with long (ish) hair. And yeah 7:15. We start at 7:30 and train till 9. don't worry, I'm very unfit too.

cool... see you there... Keith is my name....

• Advertisement

Keith is my name....

Of course!! I mean, what else would it of been :D

Advertisement