Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Football League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

mmm I shall be buying a pair of moulded boots tonight. Despite the rain, the ground was very hard and my feet are shredded in parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Hey lads how long a drive is it to any of these clubs from Carlow thinking of heading along and was just wondering how long a drive it is to get there and of course which ones you think might be good to join up with with a player who needs to get back to fitness.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

ShayK1 wrote: »
    He's worked in Laz Murphy's for years

Can you tell I dont do the shopping in my house then:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

What division are ye in this year?
    Ardattin will be playing in division 2 this year. We were 3rd in the division last year and got to the divisional cup final. All goin well we'll get promotion this year.
    So stick with Parkville seconds and Tullow town if your happy slumming it in the lower divisions but Ardattin is the place to be for players with ambition.
    Training 2nite at 7.30 New players more than welcome

mickos wrote: »
    Ardattin will be playing in division 2 this year. We were 3rd in the division last year and got to the divisional cup final. All goin well we'll get promotion this year.
    So stick with Parkville seconds and Tullow town if your happy slumming it in the lower divisions but Ardattin is the place to be for players with ambition.

LOL, go on the mickos! Shamelessly pimp'in Ardattin!!:D. In fairness though, they're a good team

• Advertisement

eddiehead wrote: »
    LOL, go on the mickos! Shamelessly pimp'in Ardattin!!:D. In fairness though, they're a good team
    Has to be done eddie. Still haven't found that damn goally though. Come back MARK. All is forgiven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Tom10 wrote: »
    Hey lads how long a drive is it to any of these clubs from Carlow thinking of heading along and was just wondering how long a drive it is to get there and of course which ones you think might be good to join up with with a player who needs to get back to fitness.

Tom

Tom,

They're all within 20 minutes of carlow.
    Tullow Town is on the carlow - tullow road.
    Parkville play in Hawkins Lane which is near the bridge in Tullow
    and Ardattin play in.... Ardattin.
    Dunno what the easiest way to get there from Carlow is? I'd probably go through tullow.
    I'll google map the route and see what it says

Mick, where exactly is ardattin's pitch? I forget!!

edit:

here's the link
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=R431%2FTullow+St+%4052.835980,+-6.924650&daddr=52.783869,-6.716423+to:Unknown+road+%4052.753410,+-6.706940&hl=en&geocode=792426677143623936,52.835980,-6.924650%3B2544479984503932825,52.753410,-6.706940&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=12&via=1&sll=52.779093,-6.748695&sspn=0.113804,0.265045&ie=UTF8&ll=52.800686,-6.816673&spn=0.113748,0.265045&z=12
    You can go across country but going through Tullow is probably the most straight forward.

I honestly believe Parkville 2nds will have a good team this year but we'll see in 3 weeks time.

Tom
    Tom,
    Depending on what level you want to play at you'll find a team to suit in carlow town. Hanover Harps have a premier and Div. 3 team. New Oak have a Div. 2 and premier team and Stretford have a premier and Div 1 team. There's also Carlow rovers and St Fiacc's in Graiuge.
    New Oak probably have the best set up with pitch and facilities and there 2nd's will certainly be challenging for the division 2 title.
    You can get contacted numbers for all clubs on carlowsoccer.com (sorry I couldn't add an attachment I'm a novice)

Mick, where exactly is ardattin's pitch? I forget!!

The pitch in Ardattin is in the centre of the village straight across from the handball alley and the entrance to Beechwood Drive. The Noel Butler memorial stadium you can't miss it.

• Advertisement

The pitch in Ardattin is in the centre of the village straight across from the handball alley and the entrance to Beechwood Drive. The Noel Butler memorial stadium you can't miss it.

when you say it, its coming back to me.
    Its just been so long since I played out there I forgot.

So cheers lads for all the post, said that i'm going to head to Ardattin tonight and train with them see what its like. Its the farthest from me here but I said i've all the details of how to get there (thanks to ye all) so i have no reason not to go and get a feel for it.

Oh and i'm definitely not a keeper :)

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

Of course!! I mean, what else would it of been :D
    lol .... sure could you not have guessed that!!:D:D I would nearly go to Ardattin tonight except it makes more sense to try out with a local team seeing as I live in the town... let us know how you get on Tom..

There is some serious player tapping up going on here!

There is some serious player tapping up going on here!

i know! and I can't help but feel I've just gifted ardattin a new player with my google mapping!!!

I feel dirrrrty!!!

So ya i went to ardattin last night to train with them, got completely lost driving there as i didn't take down the directions right but somehow i managed to stumble across the place more than find it. But sure I did it anyways, the lads were sound enough there too so that made it easier and its quicker to go by Ballon rather than Tullow.

Im reporting this thread to the Carlow League!

Looks like we are all in the one league next year. I make the teams there to be:

Ardattin
    New Oak Boys
    St. Joseph's
    Dereen Heights
    Baltinglass Boys
    Derry Rovers
    Parkville United
    Grange F.C.
    Borris F.C.

Did I get the relegation/promoted teams right?

moone celtic should be coming down too, no?
    http://www.carlowsoccer.com/tables.htm

So ya i went to ardattin last night to train with them, got completely lost driving there as i didn't take down the directions right but somehow i managed to stumble across the place more than find it. But sure I did it anyways, the lads were sound enough there too so that made it easier and its quicker to go by Ballon rather than Tullow.

would Tullow not be nearer for you Tom?

jake59 wrote: »
    would Tullow not be nearer for you Tom?

carlow is nearer for him :D

• Advertisement

Ya i know it would be easier to just find a team in town but sure I knew they were training last night and i really just wanted to make a start of things so I said feck it i'd go and train with them.

They seemed sound enough and I don't know if i want the hassle of finding a new club and going through the whole, "Ah I'm Tom, wondering if it would be ok if i can train with ya" and all that.

And on top of that, like I say they seemed sound enough so suits me for now!

moone celtic should be coming down too, no?
    http://www.carlowsoccer.com/tables.htm
    Moone have left the carlow league and will be playing in kildare this year.
    I'm not 100% what teams are in our division yet. We won't know for sure for a week or 2. The list given should be about right.

jake59 wrote: »
    i'll have to give it a go...7.15 friday? right look out for the really tall dub who will be looking for directions to the thirds and who will be last in all the running drills.... feck it, i have to get my fitness up somehow... haven't played in 2 years.:confused:

just a reminder... 7:15 tonight. Trainin' starts at 7:30 and we train till 9.
    See ya there!

Did Matsy give you all the info you needed jake?
    Are you gonna train with us this week?

Did Matsy give you all the info you needed jake?
    Are you gonna train with us this week?

yeah he was cool. I told him i wouldn't be too fit at the moment but he said he would be happy to let me train away once i had the insurance paid up which is grand. I'll be there 7.15pm on Friday.

its the start of the season, alot of people aren't fit... especically me!!
    We've a friendly game on Thursday at 7:30 if you want to come watch?
    We're playing at home

its the start of the season, alot of people aren't fit... especically me!!
    We've a friendly game on Thursday at 7:30 if you want to come watch?
    We're playing at home

probably wont be there. I usually play 5 a side in kilcullen on Thursday. I went up on Sunday as I thought there was a friendly on but it hadn't started yet so went for a game of golf instead:D

i meant to go watch that too but I forgot.

I was talkin to a parkville player in the mount last night Shay and he was saying ye got a huge turnout this year, you reckon ye'll have 3 teams like you said before? When is it decided who plays with who, though Id imagine the 1st's will be the same as last year more a less.

• Advertisement

tbh eddie, I don't know when the final decision is made.
    There have been a few new faces joining the Premier team this year. A couple of polish lads look very promising. So, I'd imagine the turnout for Thursdays friendly game will tell a tale.

Another reason for the 3rds team is the lack of u18s this season so alot of young lads that are too old for u17s but not good or old enough for the premier or 2nds would be left without a team to play with.

I'll know more by this weekend but they'll have to register the 3rds team fairly soon if they're gonna have one cause the season starts sunday week

Advertisement