Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fáilte Towers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Why are nudists never 20 year old svelte fit people ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Deflector wrote: »
    What are people on about regarding Baz! - he's the only saving grace of the entire production! He's fun, irreverent, self-deprecating (and of the show), and an all-round great presenter, as numerous other people have said to me.

He is quite possibly the worst presenter I have ever seen on RTE.

He can't even remember to move the mic anywhere near his face when he is talking. He's fluffed most of his links tonight. How on EARTH did he get this job? It's hard enough to do live TV, never mind for someone who has zero presenting experience. He really drags the show down imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This is being filmed in the village where I live, OH THE HUMANITY! And to make matters worse the only reason I would watch it has been booted off, lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Aaah poor Claire:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

http://www.rte.ie/tv/failtetowers/video.html

Watch it here.

Cringeworthy is not the word. I cant believe some of you were recording this. You fools:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Its been asked a couple of times so for anyone who cares the hotel is the Bellingham Castle in, go on guess.......... Castlebellingham, Co.Louth
    Usually a bit of a no no but actually looks almost decent on TV cos believe me the so called celebs are doing a much better job running it than the usual crowd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

She is very pretty and quite smart in real life. She hasn't had much chance to get on the camera yet - she was on cleaning duty on the first day. She deserves to get into the final considering all the hassle she got with the charities she was trying to raise money for.
    She got the road tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liopge

So tonight's fiasco....

Judges to Jennifer: "Well Jennifer, you've fallen out with customers and other contestants. (shoot to clip of Jennifer arguing with Patricia) You've also not been taking the job seriously and spend most of the time acting unprofessionally and generally being entirely crap."

Judges to Claire: "Claire, you're a bit quiet (shoot to clip of Claire hoovering)"

Judge 1: "We'll kick out Claire"
    Judge 2: "We'll kick out Jennifer"

(Wow! A tiebreaker for the second night running)

Judge 3: "Jennifer, you're entirely crap. You just go around annoying everyone you meet and everyone on the show hates you. So Claire, we'll kick you out."

What is going on? Am I missing something here?:confused:

liopge wrote: »
    So tonight's fiasco....

Judges to Jennifer: "Well Jennifer, you've fallen out with customers and other contestants. (shoot to clip of Jennifer arguing with Patricia) You've also not been taking the job seriously and spend most of the time acting unprofessionally and generally being entirely crap."

Judges to Claire: "Claire, you're a bit quiet (shoot to clip of Claire hoovering)"

Judge 1: "We'll kick out Claire"
    Judge 2: "We'll kick out Jennifer"

(Wow! A tiebreaker for the second night running)

Judge 3: "Jennifer, you're entirely crap. You just go around annoying everyone you meet and everyone on the show hates you. So Claire, we'll kick you out."

What is going on? Am I missing something here?:confused:

Same crap as you're a star and other reality tv programs the first two judges must pick two different people so the last judge has to make the final decision. The second judge last night said that claire was crap but decides to kick out jennifer how stupid is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I do agree we didn't see any of Claire's personality and what I saw of her she came across as an airhead. Her accent doesn't do her any favours either. I was shocked when my friend told me she was accepted onto a PhD in immunology in Oxford tbh. I'd never have thought this girl was educated judging by her TV persona. She needs to maybe take acting classes and come out of her shell a bit. For someone who makes a living taking her top off, she is very underconfident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Same crap as you're a star and other reality tv programs the first two judges must pick two different people so the last judge has to make the final decision. The second judge last night said that claire was crap but decides to kick out jennifer how stupid is that?

Claire got kicked out, so are you going to apoligise to the Judge now!!:pac:

Namesco wrote: »

He referring to Derry Clarke who voted to get rid of Jennifer even tho he siad Claire was crap.

The deciding vote was left to Bibi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This is honestly the shoddiest television I've seen in a long time. Who the hell are these "celebrities" - breach of trade description act right away. The tv production is a disgrace, sure it's live, but I've seen other television companies do live a hell of a lot better than this. Mics not on, cameras swinging away out of focus etc. Jeeze are these people trained to do their job or not?

Funniest thing was when the "presenter" told the girl that was kicked out to watch her "best of" (blatently stolen from Big Brother), and said "you are gonna love this". Then proceeded to show the CRAPPIEST video of her supposed highlights, which were her talking.

And that "Baz" is rubbish btw.

Utterly horrible, but car crash horrible in that I'll have to see how much worse it can get. And I have a lot of faith in RTE in these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

Namesco wrote: »

its bad to see Claire is out, her boobs are amazing, and sad to see the dublin west star out...... i know alot of people wont look at this show now:(

irish147 wrote: »
    her boobs are amazing, :(

OGC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

This thread is funny. Your all saying 'its sh*te' etc etc yet judging by the thread yor all watching it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 don65

Scary Don!!!!!!

darkman2 wrote: »
    This thread is funny. Your all saying 'its sh*te' etc etc yet judging by the thread yor all watching it:confused:
    How will we know whether it's ****e or not unless we watch it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I still like it!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 don65

Ha ha they're all crying the jessies!

• Advertisement

Don FTW! :pac:

Scary Don.....

Now surely Derry will have to get rid of him..........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Derry looks like he was dipped in a vat of Ronseal Woodstain.

Enii wrote: »
    Scary Don.....

Now surely Derry will have to get rid of him..........
    Shock horror he didn't, was the whole thing a setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Derry looks like he was dipped in a vat of Ronseal Woodstain.

So does Bibi!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Watched it tonight for the first time. Have to say, RTE are doing a good job so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

eth0_ wrote: »
    I do agree we didn't see any of Claire's personality and what I saw of her she came across as an airhead.
    That's a little harsh isn't it. She has a First from Trinity so her intellect isn't in question, perhaps just her demeanour.
    Her accent doesn't do her any favours either.
    Now that's just prejudice.
    I was shocked when my friend told me she was accepted onto a PhD in immunology in Oxford tbh. I'd never have thought this girl was educated judging by her TV persona.

You are quite prepared to cast a superficial judgement. Surely true depth requires a little more consideration.
    She needs to maybe take acting classes and come out of her shell a bit. For someone who makes a living taking her top off, she is very underconfident.

F.Y.I. - dictionary.com can find no results for 'underconfident'.

As a disclaimer I find the girl quite attractive and her educational background speaks for itself. It just seems she's such an easy target to attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liopge

Wow. So Derry spent the whole episode rising Don then told him that if he was in the bottom three, he'd be getting rid of him.

Don was in the bottom three and in a shock twist, Derry didn't fire him.

And...in a most unshocking twist, Jennifer was saved by the judges.

I'm beginning to think that Jennifer commissioned this series and by the end of it we'll have forgotten about what a horrible bitch she was on the Apprentice and we'll be congratulating her on her amazing journey on the programme and how we all love her now. She;ll be basking in her new career as a presenter on the Afternoon Show.

I'm kinda glad Liz went though. She was not a nice woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dontknowwhy

The show was much better tonight, they actually starting showing guests having a laugh and I will hold my sceptisism on the Don V Derry fight. Hopefully the improvements will continue but " ratings puller " Apprentice will drive us all mad before the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Shock horror he didn't, was the whole thing a setup?

Clip from screenwipe about reality tv might be of interest to those watchin the show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBwepkVurCI

might not!

saw a few mins last night, Don goin mental, when i said earlier that Don is a legend, he is, however being a legend never stopped someone being a t*t as well:D

Advertisement