Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fáilte Towers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I fully it expect it to be typical RTE amature-ish rubbish, and for that reason alone I will watch it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

K this is a tragic request but does anybody know if this will be repeated in any form?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ireland has no "celebrities". Anybody with any form of talent goes to London and doesn't look back.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Absolute muck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm looking forward to it....but then I think I was the one person who enjoyed The Farm:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

What hotel is it being filmed in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

First impression... Love the graphics. Make my mind up about the show as it goes...
    Enii wrote: »
    What hotel is it being filmed in?

Castle Bellingham in Louth/Meath Which if its part owned by BiBi Baskin, surely means a conflict of interest since she's RTE anyway

Thanks Imax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus middle age has not been kind to John Creedon.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

//Comic Book Guy

Worst. End Credits. Ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Patricia McKenna, while always seeming a few fries off a happy meal to me, is one of the more decent politicians in Ireland. When the Greens lost a bit of colour she stood by her politics and I thought she was fantastic during the Lisbon debates. This stinks of 'Oh no! people might actually prefer that feckin' Shinner. I better go on the telly' to me. Terrible move on her part.

John Creedon is a bloke I have quite a bit of time for, love his radio show and he''s just easy to like in general. Surprised he went on it too to be perfectly honest.

As for the two boscos from eurovision :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That presenter (Baz?) was trying WAY too hard to be funny.

As for the show, it seemed like any other RTE 'reality' show that they ran on consecutive days, just a different location.

Anyone think that Brian Dowling looked a bit... er.... orange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That Baz fella was a dreadful presenter, apart from that I liked it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Dear oh dear, second rate TV at its worst .............

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

This is one of the most serious ever escapes of sewerage from RTE.

Thank Christ that they didn't put the ultimate layer of bacteria on it and make the programme in Irish. Maybe that will be the next "celebrity" programme.

Trout Mouth is one seriously bossy lady.........

mike65 wrote: »
    Jebus middle age has not been kind to John Creedon.

Mike.
    Will ye stop. The poor man's only baby granddaughter died, hence the charity he's supporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Will ye stop. The poor man's only baby granddaughter died, hence the charity he's supporting.

People here comment on what they say and feel, and aren't aware of personal circumstances of contestants.Internet forums are not for sensitive celebrities people. Like I'm the real Pat Kenny and the things people have said about me here have made me have tears of sap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Patricia McKenna, while always seeming a few fries off a happy meal to me, is one of the more decent politicians in Ireland. When the Greens lost a bit of colour she stood by her politics and I thought she was fantastic during the Lisbon debates. This stinks of 'Oh no! people might actually prefer that feckin' Shinner. I better go on the telly' to me. Terrible move on her part.

John Creedon is a bloke I have quite a bit of time for, love his radio show and he''s just easy to like in general. Surprised he went on it too to be perfectly honest.

As for the two boscos from eurovision :rolleyes:

patricia mc kenna represents the very worst aspects of the female sex

Who got voted out and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

God Almighty, this is worse than that Celebrity Farm rubbish of a few years ago.

Fair play RTE for putting on this "fine" bit of reality entertainment :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 liopge

Hello. This is my first post to boards.ie and before I begin, I am very aware that it is very sad to be so angry about a rubbish reality show. However, having said that, I thought that Fáilte Towers was going to be a decent programme.

Until tonight. (the second show)

The votes were cast and the following celebrities were nominated for the "check out" as they received the lowest number of votes.

1. Luke (who is from some boyband), 2. Jennifer (who was on the Apprentice) and 3. Don (who I'm told is very famous).

The 3 judges had to pick which star had to go based on their performance in the hotel. Luke has been working in the hotel quietly and hasn't done anything wrong (or right). Don has also been working quietly and hasn't done anything wrong (or right). Jennifer has already had a fight with a customer and with another contestant on the show. AND in last night's show, they showed a clip of one of the judges saying... "I would never speak to a customer like that...and that's the reason we're firing you."

The 3 celebrities were given a chance to justify themselves. Luke said he'd like to stay on, that he was learning a lot and he hadn't really done anything wrong. Don seemed hurt that the voters hadn't had the good grace to recognise his brilliance and claimed that he didn't care whether he was fired or not. Jennifer said that she thinks she might open an hotel to which the judges laughed at her and claimed that she would have to learn the art of getting people to like her, etc.

Soooo obviously Luke had to go. :confused:

Conspiracy????? Angry mob to RTE perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Well, I think your man, who ever he was had to go, power to the people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    None of you know who Don Baker is?

Don's not a Celeb he is a Legend!

The general pleblic dont do legends they do Celebrities

*I just did a google on pleblic and the word exists and has the meaning i thought it should have*
    Wow etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I actually thought (in my naivety) that after RTE's track record with "reality" shows that they would have learned a few lessons.

Obviously not.

This has to be the worst pile of crap hey have churned out in ages.
    The idea,if handled correctly,could have made for good TV but this looks like a group of people you might find on page 14 of the RTE Guide stuck into a 1* B+B with a camera crew following them aimlessly around.

Dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

liopge wrote: »
    Hello. This is my first post to boards.ie and before I begin, I am very aware that it is very sad to be so angry about a rubbish reality show. However, having said that, I thought that Fáilte Towers was going to be a decent programme.

Until tonight. (the second show)

The votes were cast and the following celebrities were nominated for the "check out" as they received the lowest number of votes.

1. Luke (who is from some boyband), 2. Jennifer (who was on the Apprentice) and 3. Don (who I'm told is very famous).

The 3 judges had to pick which star had to go based on their performance in the hotel. Luke has been working in the hotel quietly and hasn't done anything wrong (or right). Don has also been working quietly and hasn't done anything wrong (or right). Jennifer has already had a fight with a customer and with another contestant on the show. AND in last night's show, they showed a clip of one of the judges saying... "I would never speak to a customer like that...and that's the reason we're firing you."

The 3 celebrities were given a chance to justify themselves. Luke said he'd like to stay on, that he was learning a lot and he hadn't really done anything wrong. Don seemed hurt that the voters hadn't had the good grace to recognise his brilliance and claimed that he didn't care whether he was fired or not. Jennifer said that she thinks she might open an hotel to which the judges laughed at her and claimed that she would have to learn the art of getting people to like her, etc.

Soooo obviously Luke had to go. :confused:

Conspiracy????? Angry mob to RTE perhaps?

Precisely. Never came across such a preposterous decision in all my life. Absolutely no rationale whatever given for it. It was patently clear they just wanted The Apprentice wagon to stay in to inject a bit of drama and boost ratings - they couldn't afford to lose the only remotely known and relatively interesting person in the entire cast.

Utterly pathethic icing on the cake of an utterly pathetic production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

IMO, the programme doesn't show enough of what the celebrities are actually doing. All that was really shown was Creedon moppin' up puke, McKenna and Maguire arguing and some diners coming down to eat early. The rest is just the presenters waffling on. I have no idea who that Luke fella is or how good he is at running a hotel :confused: Why was he voted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭The Everlasting

roooooooooooooobish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Why?...Just Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I watched some of this, it falls into the category of what I call "cringe TV". All of RTE's reality shows are like this, remember the one based on the farm with Twink & company? It's so embarrassing, dull and in poor taste, it's a poor reflection on the nation. I hope nobody non-Irish is watching.:o

Advertisement