Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fáilte Towers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

amdublin wrote: »
    cringe Don cringe. Please stop

Jaysus what the hell was that about?
    Too much tbh......bah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭StargazerLily

Surprise surprise Jennifer was back in front of the judges and despite her obvious public rejection they kept her in. ....again. RTE must already have signed her up for another show and have to keep her for the Final. Hopefully the public will get to decide and not these three 'judges'.

Wouldn't be a fan of Michelle Heaton up to now but she certainly deserved to stay instead of Jennifer.

The judges need to 'check out'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭KJ_2008

Surprise surprise Jennifer was back in front of the judges....

For the way she dealt with the yob at the bar she deserves to win the whole damn thing.

Not that I watch it, like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think the judges genuinely like Jennifer and genuinely are surprised she is up for checkout.

I like her. She's sparky and unfront. How to deal with Don: No whinging (Michelle Heaton style). Just tell him to shut his face. lol. Fairplay!

Jennifer to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭LovetohateTV

Fair play to Baz the presenter he has improved so much and adds something new to the usual boring RTE1 rubbish presenters they have. At least RTE1 are showing some bottle and trying to add something new. He might be green to LIVE presenting but at least he adds something different.

• Advertisement

I don't mean to sound suspicious (honest), but there are a few newly registered Baz fans on this thread. You don't think.....no, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fair play to Baz the presenter he has improved so much and adds something new to the usual boring RTE1 rubbish presenters they have. At least RTE1 are showing some bottle and trying to add something new. He might be green to LIVE presenting but at least he adds something different.

How much to book Baz for an evening Baz's agent?:D

He seems to have his mates organised anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't mind Baz, but that Aidan fella has been using a completely different, deeper voice than he usually uses. It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

For all you Aidan haters he's going to be presenting the new Winning Streak Kathryn Thomas soon. He seems to be on everything these days. Ah well, he's kinda pretty :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi Baz!

I think you are great. tbh I liked your shouty style but sure you there you go, it seems to be gone now.

Yeah Aidan seems to have all grown up suddenly with his deep voice, he's a big boy now - very silly! What is he like?!

Seriously though, if Don or John win it'll be a travesty. At least Jennifer and Brian are funny....and entertaining.....and not embarrassing (Don - that singing and the begging!!!! Just terrible!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

amdublin wrote: »
    Hi Baz!

I think you are great. tbh I liked your shouty style but sure you there you go, it seems to be gone now.

Yeah Aidan seems to have all grown up suddenly with his deep voice, he's a big boy now - very silly! What is he like?!

Seriously though, if Don or John win it'll be a travesty. At least Jennifer and Brian are funny....and entertaining.....and not embarrassing (Don - that singing and the begging!!!! Just terrible!)
    John Creadon is the only one that never faced the judges since I've been watching it, doesn't that mean that the public favour him? Of course more people will vote than before but I reckon he will win. Why the hell didn't he give your man that threw the chips at him a good crack under the jaw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

At this rate, I bet Jennifer will win it. The show's been fixed to keep her in so far. Pity - I want John Creedon to win. He's normal and unlike many of the others, he's in there to raise money for a cause close to his heart (his little grandchild was premature and died) rather than to keep his profile up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Should be a good show tonight, I've wanted Don to win up until he sang that dreadful [song] last night, god that was terrible. I think Jennifer deserves to win for the work she put into it, but I also think Brian & Don added the most entertainment to it overall. If I was going by the charity involved I'd choose John for the same reason as Firetrap stated.

So it should be wide open as to who will win tbh, I only hope it's the public that decides who the winner will be and not the judges.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Should be a good show tonight, I've wanted Don to win up until he sang that dreadful [song] last night, god that was terrible. I think Jennifer deserves to win for the work she put into it, but I also think Brian & Don added the most entertainment to it overall. If I was going by the charity involved I'd choose John for the same reason as Firetrap stated.

So it should be wide open as to who will win tbh, I only hope it's the public that decides who the winner will be and not the judges.
    The public vote will decide the winner not the judges that's what they said last night.

Well done John, I guess. Damn I'll actually miss the show :pac: It turned out to be decent enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'll miss it too, although I thought tonights show wasn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Deverry

The final was a disgrace, there's no other word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Deverry wrote: »
    And that differs from the series as a whole how?! :confused:

basquille wrote: »
    And that differs from the series as a whole how?! :confused:

True. I've never before seen a reality TV show where the runner up gets no interview and no highlights, that was reserved for the winner (naturally) the 3rd and 4th runners up. There was no entertainment highlights either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dancediva

I think its a disgrace Brian wasnt interviewed or had any highlights after all he contributed to the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Who won by the way? Had the misfortune of sitting through it last night for the first time..

Please say Michelle "IQ of an Twix Bar" Heaton didn't win it!

Who won by the way? Had the misfortune of sitting through it last night for the first time..

John Creedon. I'm just starting to hear of people who couldn't get through to vote for Brian too.

The whole thing stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

John won.
    Michelle was kicked out last night.
    Its a disgrace that Brian didn't get an interview and best bits.

John Creedon won, I was a hater too but needed to watch coz Im from Castlebellingham, it wasn't as big a trainwreck as you haters are making it out to be :p

Edit: MagnumLady bet me to it, and yes it was a clusterfu*k that Brian wasn't interviewed as he was possibly the most entertaining of the lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 1andonly

magnumlady wrote: »

I agree, what a shambles, but then again they hardly featured Brian all evening, maybe the voting was just a bit too close for comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

magnumlady wrote: »

Ha. That would've been the shortest tape ever, Brian's best bits. That orange waste of space should disappear back to wherever it is he came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ostrea

As i predicted, John Creedon came up trumps... well done to him and to all the celebs for putting in two weeks of their own time to raise money and the profile of 13 worthy charities ... and to all the zany crazy guests who may not have had the same level of exposure (apart from the nude ones) but in their way also contributed to the show... Pity Brian was not interviewed but i suppose they had to make the fuss around the winner !

There was a distinct impression that the producers were making this up as they went along and could have benefitted from a bit more structure ...hopefully series 2 will have the creases ironed out !

Now how about another run of Celebrity Farm for the winter.... z-listers ??? anyone ???

Firetrap wrote: »
    Ha. That would've been the shortest tape ever, Brian's best bits. That orange waste of space should disappear back to wherever it is he came from.

Would you go back to Rathangan if that was where you were from?

Firetrap wrote: »

How come he came second then?

Whatever you might think of him, to give all the others an interview and highlights and not him when he worked damn hard in there is not on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Deverry wrote: »

That just about sums up the whole darn thing from day one . . . :(

Advertisement