Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It sounds like a brilliantly organised day that lots of prep went into, so I feel this may be selfish, but what the heck, let's start a petition to make a fan day out like this AN ANNUAL EVENT!!! It would be a highlight of the year for fans to look forward to and it would grow in stature year on year.

What say you?

Don't think you need a petition, because they're planning to do it as a yearly thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Did any of them have any funny stories about making the show. Id say Keith is a laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It sounds like a brilliantly organised day that lots of prep went into, so I feel this may be selfish, but what the heck, let's start a petition to make a fan day out like this AN ANNUAL EVENT!!! It would be a highlight of the year for fans to look forward to and it would grow in stature year on year.

What say you?

They are looking into hopefully doing it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Eradicate wrote: »
    Did any of them have any funny stories about making the show. Id say Keith is a laugh

Christy and Bob did an improvo - and it went like this 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 - hide the script and action.....

All the guys mentioned that Damien is hillarious and is brilliant to work with he apparently has them all in stitches before they shoot the scenes - he seems like a real naughty school boy. :D

What say you?

I'd say if you want to start a petition go for it and you have my signature for sure. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

ah jaysis those are great photos! :) i'm delighted you had such a great time! sounds fantastic! fair play to yas!

agree with what was said about the dillon family. they actually look like they are a real family. you'd swear tommy and judith were married in real life! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

Those pics look great! Im so jealous! Everyone looks like they are really enjoying the day. Was that the prize for winning the Limerick competition?

eimearcmh wrote: »
    Those pics look great! Im so jealous! Everyone looks like they are really enjoying the day. Was that the prize for winning the Limerick competition?

Yeah that was the prize to the Limerick competition, my limerick was above Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

angel01 wrote: »
    Yeah that was the prize to the Limerick competition, my limerick was above Lol.

Congrats! I shall be entering next year:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Very good performance by Jenny Kavanagh on her last day...

LOL at Robert offering to shake her hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Did I dream this????!!!!

Can you help me with a conundrum?!

Was Caroline Morahan ever in Fair City??? Playing a posh daughter of some fella who had an affair with someone.

Ok that does not make much sense......someone help me please!!!

(A pic would be great too!)

Great episode tonight, Thought Cleo played it really well. Though I must admit, throughout watching it all, I was recalling back to yesterday and all the places I saw and I smiled when I saw Dolores :D

Esther had a cracking line about giving the knife to Zumo! He was really good tonight as well.

Nice ending there with Esther, Charlie & Bela raising a glass to Mags and hmm, wonder if something will happen with Jennifer & Ray :eek: though I would like Deegan & Jennifer to walk down the aisle (I suggested that to Brigie yesterday!!) :D

As for Tommy, I am developing a crush there :D He is wonderful. Should have been me dancing with Louie :p:D I loved him asking Esther to dance... awww...

amdublin wrote: »
    Did I dream this????!!!!

Can you help me with a conundrum?!

Was Caroline Morahan ever in Fair City??? Playing a posh daughter of some fella who had an affair with someone.

Ok that does not make much sense......someone help me please!!!

(A pic would be great too!)

This article may help!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+was+abused+by+Fair+City+fans+who+called+me+filth..+I+nearly+quit...-a090901120

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

So glad ye all had a fantastic day. Angel, those pictures look great; so jealous. :D
    Two fun facts, that I must add -
    Michael Sheehan is actually from Waterford, which I never would have realised while watching the show.

Thats an interesting one; I think the guy who played Troy was from Waterford as well.
    I also got some great spoilers from having a gander at the production room stuff, but I'll keep that to myself - it'll be a pleasant surprise for you all in about 5 weeks time.

You cant mean; surely not. I can't believe it. Ian is coming back. You're right, it is a pleasant surprise.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Esther had a cracking line about giving the knife to Zumo! He was really good tonight as well.

She finally got one in then. She missed a great opportunity after she won the golfing holiday recently. She could have offered it to Carol "I hear your Lorcan was a dab hand with a golf club; maybe you'd like to take up the golf."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is it just me, or was the Cleo exit storyline ridiculous? Surely, the writers could have come up with something better. Cleo will be living just a short drive from Carrigstown but wont be seen again. She would want to see Dolores and also her mates. It would have made more sense if she moved to London or somewhere further than Mullingar!!! Loved Robert offering to shake her hand!
    I would love to see Robert get it on with Neasa. Talk about CHALK AND CHEESE!!!!

max life wrote: »
    Is it just me, or was the Cleo exit storyline ridiculous? Surely, the writers could have come up with something better. Cleo will be living just a short drive from Carrigstown but wont be seen again. She would want to see Dolores and also her mates. It would have made more sense if she moved to London or somewhere further than Mullingar!!! Loved Robert offering to shake her hand!
    I would love to see Robert get it on with Neasa. Talk about CHALK AND CHEESE!!!!

In the end of the day, she has noone in London, her mother is in Mullingar and she just would have wanted to be away from Robert rather than seeing him every day. She is hardly just a short drive (in fairness!) and remember her mother is dying..

Good luck to Jenny (actress playing Cleo) on her Mount Everest challenge :)

This week: (love the pink wig!)

0003c185-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 154

Tuesday 5th October

Vivienne is impressed to hear of Zumo tutoring Charlie.
    Robert is in a dark mood, making the clinic a tense place to be.
    Judith recruits her daughter in the surgery.
    Suzanne finds out Damien is deceiving her once again.
    Paul worries about Zak's intentions.
    Suzanne takes her mood out on the phone!
    Written by Noel McGee.

0003c186-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 155

Wednesday 6th October

Vivienne is shocked by Denzo's injuries.
      The new surgery secretary fails to impress Robert on her first day of work.
      Denzo is not welcomed back into the community.
      Charlotte and Zak become parents to an egg!
      Neasa gets a final warning in work.
      Decco confesses to murder.
      Written by Noel McGee

0003c187-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 156

Thursday 6th October

Niamh winds Paul up about Rachel's crush.
        Mark strikes out on his own, much to Damien's disapproval.
        Neasa rearranges the surgery, and Robert loses control.
        Rachel and Charlotte conceal their interest in Zak, from one another.
        Dean comes to Robert's rescue.
        Decco recruits a vulnerable Denzo for his new business.
        Written by Shona McCarthy.

0003c188-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 157

Sunday 10th October

Judith expresses her concern about Robert to Dean.
          Robert isolates himself further.
          Zumo and Vivienne worry about Decco's influence on Denzo.
          Rachel has her first kiss.
          Charlotte's jealousy destroys Eggy.
          Denzo's sales pitch fails to impress Esther.
          Robert gives relationship advice to Zak.
          Written by Shona McCarthy.
          Directed by Simon Gibney.
          Location Director Alan Robinson.

Fame at last :D

Fair City set visit.

21st Birthday Competition winners visit the set.

On Saturday we hosted the first ever tour of Fair City. Our guests were the 21st anniversary competition winners, and they joined us for a tour of the sets and lot, and an introduction to some of the actors and the crew. We had a great afternoon as you can see from the photos. It was such a pleasure all round that we felt that we had won the competition.

Maybe we were lucky with the winners this year, but the cast and crew enjoyed the day so much, that they are clamouring to make the tour an annual event. We can't promise that just yet, but it certainly won't be another 21 years!

In the meantime, I would like to thank the competition winners for their good humour, enthusiasm, knowledge of the show, and their many story suggestions! We can't divulge any details, but if our guests had their way, Dolores would be a VERY busy woman!

Thanks again,
          Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

deelite wrote: »
          Christy - Well Christy is no fuddy duddy - he laughs with his eyes he's so wickedly funny
          Sarah - What a turn up for the books. This girl is stunningly beautiful and her eyes speak volumes
          Bella - This guy loves what he does and he was delighted to meet the fans - he has the most amazing eyes ever.

I take it you like eyes? :D

• Advertisement

Laois_Man wrote: »

Just as well Louie wasn't there with his stunning eyes ;):D

:D First thing I look at in a person - also if your feet are killing you and you're saying "no I'm fine" it shows in your eyes.....;)

Just as well Louie wasn't there with his stunning eyes ;):D

Just as well he wasn't there - I don't think he'd have been too impressed with your flirting with Tommy Dillon:D

Just as well he wasn't there - I don't think he'd have been too impressed with your flirting with Tommy Dillon:D

:D:D

What a lovely man he was, so friendly and a looker too ;)... I am surprised Keith made it out of there in one piece :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Jeez if the Fair City producers\writers actually sit down and read this thread regularly, I'll have to start writing up the idea's for characters that fly through my warped brain every time I'm watchin the show.

Like. Some old characters have to come back. Played by new actors if necessary. Jimmy Doyle for example. He could be rich with a new sense of confidence built up from great business success in Australia. And then Wayne can be jealous of this success and tries to ride on the back of it. Good comedy potential. And Jimmy can be a bit more aggressive than before and can beat the **** outa Damien when everyone starts thinking he's being too rough with his sister Suzanne. And he can be a bit of a business rival for McAleer who would also return. Let it fester into a bit of a JR Ewing \ Cliff Barnes type rivalry with Jimmy having developed a ruthless streak of a tycoon and Louis caught up in it all too - manipulating both sides for his own ends. McAleer's sexy daughter makes a return too and becomes kind of the Pam Ewing of the saga when she falls for Jimmy - intensifying the rivalry.

I get loads of ideas like this.

Any chance of a job? :-D

Jeez if the Fair City producers\writers actually sit down and read this thread regularly, I'll have to start writing up the idea's for characters that fly through my warped brain every time I'm watchin the show.

Like. Some old characters have to come back. Played by new actors if necessary. Jimmy Doyle for example. He could be rich with a new sense of confidence built up from great business success in Australia. And then Wayne can be jealous of this success and tries to ride on the back of it. Good comedy potential. And Jimmy can be a bit more aggressive than before and can beat the **** outa Damien when everyone starts thinking he's being too rough with his sister Suzanne. And he can be a bit of a business rival for McAleer who would also return. Let it fester into a bit of a JR Ewing \ Cliff Barnes type rivalry with Jimmy having developed a ruthless streak of a tycoon and Louis caught up in it all too - manipulating both sides for his own ends. McAleer's sexy daughter makes a return too and becomes kind of the Pam Ewing of the saga when she falls for Jimmy - intensifying the rivalry.

I get loads of ideas like this.

Any chance of a job? :-D

The actor who plays Keith was saying he lives between Dublin and LA and by all accounts the guy who played Jimmy is living the high life out there and doing really well. Think he is living in New York. Fair play to him!

Love it... :D

Sunday
          Judith expresses her concern about Robert to Dean. Mark pleads with Damien not for them to part on bad terms. Robert tells a worried Dean that he's not going to work and he doesn't want any company. Neasa persuades Caoimhe to take her job in surgery. Zak sings Charlotte's praises, obviously to Rachel’s jealousy. Damien confides in Dean how sad he is at Mark leaving home.

Denzo fails to convince Vivienne that he is not fencing stolen jewellery. He angrily leaves the house. Neasa accepts Esther's offer of work at the community centre. Charlotte sabotages Zak and Rachel's school project out of jealousy. Damien insists to a panicked Suzanne that he wants to tell Mark the truth about his infidelity and her violence. Suzanne threatens to tell Mark that Damien hit her.

Robert apologises to Judith for running the open day. He is invited to join the Dillon family's dinner. Vivienne fails to console Charlotte over her crush on Zak. Zumo shares his concerns with Vivienne over Denzo working for Decco. To annoy Paul, Zak and Rachel kiss. An ashamed Vivienne discovers from Esther that Denzo was telling the truth.

Judith convinces Robert to take a couple of days off. Zumo fails to convince Denzo that Decco is not to be trusted. Damien is powerless to stop Suzanne turning Dean away from the family gathering. Decco welcomes Denzo with open arms. An anguished Damien watches as Mark leaves their house for good.

Tuesday
          Dean discovers photos of Cleo in the bin outside Phelans. Dean questions Robert about this but he insists he has to throw most of Cleo's stuff out to move on. A delighted Sarah finds out her article has been accepted but the ending needs to be stronger. In her desperation she offers to mind Felix's son Alexander and questions him about his parents.

Judith asks Dearbhla to write out a snag list for Avi. She meets him and is immediately smitten. Carol tells Louie that McCoys needs livening up but he rejects the idea. Dean tells Carol that Louie needs a good woman. Keith tries to advise Doug about driving, as Doug's driving test is coming up, but they fall out.

Neasa starts her volunteering job in the Community Centre and Dermot tries to show her the ropes. A furious Felix discovers that he is going to feature in Sarah's article tomorrow. She denies she did anything wrong. He reveals to a shocked Keith what Sarah did.

Carol notes that Neasa is struggling in her new 'job' and defends her to Dermot. Later she offers Neasa a job in McCoys. She cajoles Louie into letting her do a 'trial' week. Doug meets Dearbhla and falls for her; he gets distracted and lets Avi take his car. Robert realises his time was not wasted with Cleo and keeps a photo of her as a reminder. Keith accuses Sarah of exploiting Felix and Alexander.

Wednesday
          Keith fails to persuade Felix to talk things over with Sarah. Felix threatens to sue the paper and tells Sarah she is trivialising his life. Robert surprises Dean with his ability to move on. Keith and Doug fight again and Keith tells him he won't be his driving instructor.

Louie is impressed by Neasa when he sees her charming the customers. Judith calls into McCoys for lunch to discover that Neasa is working there. They argue and Neasa throws her out. Louie gives her a warning to behave. He tells Carol he's holding her responsible for Neasa's behaviour.

Robert begins to take control of his new life as a bachelor and bonds with Louie. His fun ends quickly when Robert's mother surprises him with a visit. Neasa and Judith's fight continues and Neasa decides to leave home. She goes to McCoys and accepts Louie's offer of a place to stay for the night.

Felix tells Sarah that he has reported her to the newspaper and refuses to forgive her invasion of his privacy. He tells her he is leaving. Keith tells Sarah he is disgusted by her. Doug reveals to Avi that he fancies Dearbhla and asks for his help. Bernadette tells Robert his reputation in Carrigstown has been ruined and starts to take control of his future.

Thursday
          Dean sees Bernadette throw Robert's favourite photo of Cleo away. Tommy thinks he recognises Bernadette but she denies it. Dean is concerned when he learns that Robert is leaving. He fails to get Dolores to persuade Robert to stay.

Bernadette visits Judith and tells her Robert is leaving. Judith is taken aback when she learns Robert's father was in a psych ward. When Judith is not looking she also steals a prescription pad. A sad Robert realises he will miss life in Carrigstown. Dean notes that Roberts behaviour changes around his mother. Tommy remembers that he knew Bernadette's family and that she was in a psych ward.

Robert reveals to Dolores that he has been moved in the past rather than dealt with his difficulties. Dean tries to talk to Bernadette and she verbally abuses him. He shows a shocked Robert the photo and tells him that his mum was lying to him. Robert tells his mum that he is not leaving. Dean approaches Judith and tells her he saw Valium tablets that she prescribed for Bernadette.

Bernadette tries to break Robert by telling him everyone is laughing at him. Tommy tries to insist that Judith doesn't mess in Robert's affairs. But Judith and Bernadette clash and Bernadette threatens to report Judith to the medical council for checking up her medical history. Dean tries to help Robert but he rejects it. Tommy warns Judith she could put the family at risk and to pull back. Robert breaks his ties with Bernadette and she leaves promising never to contact him again.

So looking forward to next week - Keith and Sarah featuring excellent.

Do you think that Tommy fella had a fling with Vivienne - they seem to have an electricity between them.

So looking forward to next week - Keith and Sarah featuring excellent.

Do you think that Tommy fella had a fling with Vivienne - they seem to have an electricity between them.

Maybe he is Charlotte's father ;):eek: or worse.. maybe Zumo too :D

Knew there was something more to him :p

• Advertisement

Maybe he is Charlotte's father ;):eek: or worse.. maybe Zumo too :D

Knew there was something more to him :p

I don't buy into his lovey - dovey attitude with Judy. I feel so sorry for her. As me gran used to say there's none so blind as those who don't want to see.....

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement