Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Just in case anybody doesnt know: Most of the Ryanair website will be down next weekend from Friday afternoon until Sunday night. This includes Online Check In. Anybody planning on travelling will need to check in by Friday morning.

Didn't know this until know. Went onto the website to try check in online for my flight on sunday morning! Can I do anything? Or am I just not able to fly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Didn't know this until know. Went onto the website to try check in online for my flight on sunday morning! Can I do anything? Or am I just not able to fly??

You'll be able to fly. But you may be charged the €60 airport checkin fee. imo as they have removed the service they should be obliged to waive the fee but it is Ryanair after all.

Seemingly emails sent to customers say that it will be waived but their Customer Screwing department says the opposite. Bring the 60 in cash just in case.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/quiet-u-turn-by-ryanair-on-this-weekends-check-in-fee-455743-May2012/

Orion wrote: »
    You'll be able to fly. But you may be charged the €60 airport checkin fee. imo as they have removed the service they should be obliged to waive the fee but it is Ryanair after all.

Seemingly emails sent to customers say that it will be waived but their Customer Screwing department says the opposite. Bring the 60 in cash just in case.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/quiet-u-turn-by-ryanair-on-this-weekends-check-in-fee-455743-May2012/

Yeah,I think i'm getting charged the 60 :( Hope there's not going to be mahem in the airport, but I suppose most people would have done it already.

Unreallllllllll, so mad about it but what can ya do?! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Yeah,I think i'm getting charged the 60 :( Hope there's not going to be mahem in the airport, but I suppose most people would have done it already.

Unreallllllllll, so mad about it but what can ya do?! :mad:

Small Claims Court?

Small Claims Court?

It's mostly my fault. I should have checked in before now anyway. Plus, they probably sent emails saying it would be down or to check in before Friday? But my boyfriend got sent any emails regarding the flight and didn't bother to tell me or forward them to me! More mad at him than at Ryanair right now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hmm I would say a massive amount of people would not of printed their tickets off, surely they cannot fine them all (well they can...), I wonder could this be one of the occasions where ryanair lets people off and waives the fee this weekend, after all, it is their fault the website is getting upgraded.

It's mostly my fault. I should have checked in before now anyway. Plus, they probably sent emails saying it would be down or to check in before Friday? But my boyfriend got sent any emails regarding the flight and didn't bother to tell me or forward them to me! More mad at him than at Ryanair right now :p

But you're entitled under the agreed terms to check-in up to 4 hours before departure.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hmm I would say a massive amount of people would not of printed their tickets off, surely they cannot fine them all (well they can...), I wonder could this be one of the occasions where ryanair lets people off and waives the fee this weekend, after all, it is their fault the website is getting upgraded.

I'd say they probably won't fine the ones who go in and start kicking and screaming! I assume its 60 per person? So if it's like a family then there'd be mayhem. But it's only me so i's 60, and i'm not much of a make a fuss person.

I'd just go to the airport, queue up and pay my 60 euro. I'll probably be the only one who's going to pay it!

I just hope i'm not waiting ages!

But you're entitled under the agreed terms to check-in up to 4 hours before departure.

Ooooooh, reckon I should even say that? I wouldn't have the guts! :P

Ooooooh, reckon I should even say that? I wouldn't have the guts! :P

Well, your computer was in for repair and was only available for use on the day of your Ryanair departure, so you were not able to check-in earlier, not that it matters because the terms you agreed to say that you can check-in up to 4 hours prior to departure.

• Advertisement

Well, your computer was in for repair and was only available for use on the day of your Ryanair departure, so you were not able to check-in earlier, not that it matters because the terms you agreed to say that you can check-in up to 4 hours prior to departure.

Worth a shot, but i'll bring the 60 anyways! They're well gonna charge me :P

A bit off the subject, but does anybody know if you can bring Superquin sausages in your hand luggage? :p

but does anybody know if you can bring Superquin sausages in your hand luggage? :p

No, Ryanair only allow Lidl sausages.

No, Ryanair only allow Lidl sausages.

EVEN BETTER!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Is been on the news and papers during the week about the maintenance and the €60 check-in at airport, I suppose they wanted to get as many people printing boarding cards before the shut down the website if they said people could check-in at airport for free they would have 100's of people on queue's at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i hope people are at the airport with plenty of extra time to spare before their flights in this case, there may be a queue - but surely most will have read the email about the site maintenance downtime that was sent out during the week? sure it was on the rte main page several days ago too

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Orion wrote: »

And except for the "free on line check-in" fares you have actually explicitly paid €6 the privilege of being able check in on line up to 4 hours beforehand.

If they make enough out of it, they'll probably do it again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭noluck

I've tried numerous times to reload my Cash Passport with my VISA card today but keep getting "Invalid Details. Please re-enter". I've tried it on different computers/browsers and entered my details in every possible way but still had no luck.

Anybody here had any luck reloading their Cash Scam Passports?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭noluck

noluck wrote: »
    I've tried numerous times to reload my Cash Passport with my VISA card today but keep getting "Invalid Details. Please re-enter". I've tried it on different computers/browsers and entered my details in every possible way but still had no luck.

Just to be clear... I'm getting this error at the very end, in the "payment details" section. This is after I enter my cash passport number, name/DOB/security answer, amount to be loaded, DOB again, phone number, email address, residential address, and finally payment card details...

Extremely frustrating to say the least. The whole thing is clearly designed to persuade people not to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

I just tried to book on line and noticed the payment page is not secure its only a http

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ryanair told to fill 'unpaid-for' seats at emergency exits

Interesting. One of the reasons I've stopped using Ryanair is their attitude re those emergency exits. It'll be interesting to see what they do from 1st June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Ryanair told to fill 'unpaid-for' seats at emergency exits

Interesting. One of the reasons I've stopped using Ryanair is their attitude re those emergency exits. It'll be interesting to see what they do from 1st June.

curious thing to stop using a company over.

Also, if you have stopped using Ryanair, why would it be interesting to you what they do after June the 1st?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

syklops wrote: »
    curious thing to stop using a company over....
    Is it equally curious that the Irish Aviation Authority have determined that Ryanair's policy compromises passenger safety?

I'm 6ft5 and therefore legroom is a massive consideration for me. I didn't like on principle the concept of paying extra on top of priority boarding (on top of basic fares which are no longer significantly cheaper than their rivals) for the emergency exit seats and once they started stopping people from using them when the plane is otherwise full I took the decision to move away from them.

Ryanair are all about rational choices. They offer a no frills service and rely on people to make the rational decision to use them if the price makes it worth putting up with everything that comes with flying with them. Adding £20 to a return trip in order to not cut the circulation off at my knees has made it no longer worth my while to use them.

That said, I used Aer Lingus into Southend at the weekend and will again on Thursday this week and somehow their seats offer even less room than a basic Ryanair seat does so I'm interested to see how Ryanair will approach the issue of the emergency exits seats now that they are going to have to tweak their policy.

Double-post

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm 6ft5 and therefore legroom is a massive consideration for me. I didn't like on principle the concept of paying extra on top of priority boarding (on top of basic fares which are no longer significantly cheaper than their rivals) for the emergency exit seats and once they started stopping people from using them when the plane is otherwise full I took the decision to move away from them.

Ryanair are all about rational choices. They offer a no frills service and rely on people to make the rational decision to use them if the price makes it worth putting up with everything that comes with flying with them. Adding £20 to a return trip in order to not cut the circulation off at my knees has made it no longer worth my while to use them.

That said, I used Aer Lingus into Southend at the weekend and will again on Thursday this week and somehow their seats offer even less room than a basic Ryanair seat does so I'm interested to see how Ryanair will approach the issue of the emergency exits seats now that they are going to have to tweak their policy.

" I didn't like on principle the concept of paying extra". You dont like the concept of paying more money for a better seat? OK.

its not on top of priority boarding. Why would you pay for priority boarding if you reseved a seat? Thats ridiculous!

I'm the same height as you and am delighted I can now reserve one of the wing seats. I wish I could do that on all airlines.

syklops wrote: »
    " I didn't like on principle the concept of paying extra". You dont like the concept of paying more money for a better seat? OK.

its not on top of priority boarding. Why would you pay for priority boarding if you reseved a seat? Thats ridiculous!

I'm the same height as you and am delighted I can now reserve one of the wing seats. I wish I could do that on all airlines.

Firstly, I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else. I'm just explaining my decision. I have no gripe with Ryanair and will no doubt fly with them again on certain routes in the near future. As I said, they're a rational airline and this is a rational decision.

The concept seems counter-intuitive to me and I'm fairly sure that they're losing money on it (as evidenced by the notably shorter priority boarding queue now compared to 12 months ago). Ryanair are happy with their decision, I'm happy with my decision. Everyone's happy, other that you, apparently.

Fair play to you if you want to pay extra for those seats. I was paying extra for those seats when it was a fiver. Now they've doubled that price they've close to wiped out the price difference and it's no longer beneficial for me to fly with them. If it's now going to be possible to get the emergency exit aisle by only paying for priority boarding then I may re-visit my decision. That's why I said I'm interested in seeing what happens from 1st June.

An extra fiver doesn't sound like a lot but if you're flying 40 times a year then it adds up, particularly as their prices have more than doubled in the last three years.

I'm perfectly happy. You're the one moaning about it.

I'm not moaning about it. At all. This paying for specific seats came in, what, eight months ago? I visit this site every day and think this is my first post on the subject.

They can charge what they want for whatever they want and good luck to them. I'm lucky enough to be flying the Dublin to London route which has to be one of the best serviced routes in Europe. I have plenty of choice and can use it.

Now the IAA really are moaning about them, I'm interested to see what the outcome is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone signed up to their new Cash Passprt?

My application goes to the very end and then is rejected. very annoying.

any tips on what browser to use etc?

Advertisement