Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0521/ryanair-reports-record-annual-profits.html

Revenue up 19%
    Profit up 25%
    Passenger numbers up 3.7 million

The margins on some of the things they are doing must be astronomical if you compare their situation to other airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭noluck

noluck wrote: »
    Just to be clear... I'm getting this error at the very end, in the "payment details" section. This is after I enter my cash passport number, name/DOB/security answer, amount to be loaded, DOB again, phone number, email address, residential address, and finally payment card details...

Extremely frustrating to say the least. The whole thing is clearly designed to persuade people not to use it.

Just received a reply from the Cash Passport support: since I applied for the card manually (no Irish passport, no online application), I can't reload my card online.

My only option is to reload it with a bank transfer, which takes a few days to get through.

Funny that there's no mention of bank transfers in the Cash Passport site for Irish customers - there's if you get a card in the UK.

On the plus side, I think I won't pay the 3 EUR reload fee...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'm 6ft5 and therefore legroom is a massive consideration for me.

Not massive enough to pay extra for it? For the record, the policy of not letting someone who did not reserve the seats is just petty from Ryanair and I am glad they are now pulled up on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not massive enough to pay extra for it? For the record, the policy of not letting someone who did not reserve the seats is just petty from Ryanair and I am glad they are now pulled up on it

If paying extra for it wipes out the price difference of going with Ryanair then there's no reason to go with Ryanair. I wasn't making a point I was just explaining my decision but were I to have been making a point then that would have been it.

And I agree with you - charge extra by all means but if you can't sell them then let them go to other passengers at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

pretty obvious that the extra legroom seats will go to priority boarders from 1st June onwards. I booked a flight few weeks ago, checked just before the site shut down for weekend and checked again this morning. Up €10 per leg per person. And while its normal for flights to go up (+ come down) this was for midweek October. I just wish Aer Lingus, who do 'rolling' releases would cop on that they have the winter market to themselves at the moment and make hay before Ryanair release their winter flights. I am currently waiting for Feby next year, A/L would get my business tomorrow IF they pitched the price at a lower level, but they don't so I know that Ryanair will be cheaper when they release theirs, and sadly A/L will then announce a 'winter sale' and bring their prices down to within €20 of Ryanair. If they just sold those seats at that price now...........:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I booked a return flight to Palma with Ryanair back in January which cost be €160 I am supposed to be going in September but I got onto a FAS course which means I'll be going to Boston in August and returning home in October which means I'll not be able to go to Palma.

If I cancel the flight will I be able to get my money back? It was all done online.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

No way whatsoever I am afraid.

Some people say you can get back the taxes - which you are entitled to, but the airline has the right to levy an administration fee so you will end up with next to nothing.

You could try, but dont hold your breath !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

No way whatsoever I am afraid.

Some people say you can get back the taxes - which you are entitled to, but the airline has the right to levy an administration fee so you will end up with next to nothing.

You could try, but dont hold your breath !

I sort of knew I wouldn't get money back but thought i'd try and chance my arm and get something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

James__10 wrote: »
    I sort of knew I wouldn't get money back but thought i'd try and chance my arm and get something :pac:

Chance your arm anyway, you have nothing to lose. Dont forget to come back and tell us what happened.....

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

noluck wrote: »
    Just received a reply from the Cash Passport support: since I applied for the card manually (no Irish passport, no online application), I can't reload my card online.

My only option is to reload it with a bank transfer, which takes a few days to get through.

Funny that there's no mention of bank transfers in the Cash Passport site for Irish customers - there's if you get a card in the UK.

On the plus side, I think I won't pay the 3 EUR reload fee...

I think I'm having the same problem. Should you reload using the same bank transfer deatils as the initial load?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭noluck

I think I'm having the same problem. Should you reload using the same bank transfer deatils as the initial load?

Yep. And put your card number in the reference field.

They took 3 EUR out of my deposit, by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hi guys, just a warning for anyone who has booked flights since ryanair had a one day shutdown of their website last week. If ye booked 2 flights back back, for instance in my case cork - london and then london to poznan and ye where using a tabbed browsing session, like firefox or chrome, there is chance that the first flight has been removed, and the second purchaced initiated a flight change.

I only noticed it today when i went to check in online and both my reservation Ids where the same, i thought it to be a coincidence, but no i only had one flight, and i had been charged for 2... i rang the call center, and they refunded me the cost of the second flight and they change flight fee... they will confirm that the flight has been returned to cork - london in the coming days... they then said they couldnt do anything about the poznan flight, that i would have to book again, so i did, and it cost us 70€ each more but feck it, il take the hit, i can't imagine the scenario if this had happened next thursday night, I got a touch, checking in online a week early just because im buzzing about going...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Voucher code worked for me.

However, noticed when booking a flight originating in the UK and priced in sterling using a Euro card that they automatically selected the currency exchange rate, which they "recommended" to use. That rate was £1 = €1.325. Having read before that these automatic exchange rates are always poor value, I deselected it. I then checked my statement and sure enough, the rate was a much better £1 = €1.245, only a fraction more than the then central exchange rate.

That's wierd. Have just rechecked my statement (to recheck my balance) and it's changed. The exchange rate used for the transaction above reverted back to 1.32, ie the rate at which Ryanair wanted me to take, despite deselecting it. The balance has also gone down in line with this change. Mmm. Not very impressed. I wish I'd taken a print out of the transaction before.

The other thing that's not very impressive is that to log on to your account, you have to log on as a UK resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ryanair told to fill 'unpaid-for' seats at emergency exits

Interesting. One of the reasons I've stopped using Ryanair is their attitude re those emergency exits. It'll be interesting to see what they do from 1st June.

Does this mean all seats at the emergency exits must be filled? Or just one person in each row?

Misticles wrote: »
    Does this mean all seats at the emergency exits must be filled? Or just one person in each row?

It wasn't clear when the article was written. Ryanair said their new policy would be in place for 1st June so hopefully someone on here will have some feedback soon.

Actually, I just remembered I'm flying Ryanair to Luton on Saturday on my way to the Euros so I'll have a look myself then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Was on a flight 10 May and the crew were aware of this and already filling the emergency row seats if the row was empty. I imagine it's just one person. I asked how would they choose the person to be "UPGRADED" (lol) was told that people with just simple "Priority Booking" would get the seat(s). But the difference between Priority and Reserved Seat is only €5, so imagine that anybody paying the extra €5 would also pay the extra €5. Might start doing it myself now, as it seems to be only way I'm going to get to sit upfront, what I've always done up to now free of charge. So MOL wins again:>(

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

How do they find who has got Priority? Do they ask?

How do they find who has got Priority? Do they ask?

It has it on their boarding pass so they may randomly pick one as someone is coming through the plane.

Only picking priority people is in a way, them still charging for the seats just in a less obvious way.

I thought Priority was 10e, always amazed why someone who would opt for that but not for a reserved seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Misticles wrote: »

I thought Priority was 10e, always amazed why someone who would opt for that but not for a reserved seat.

It was 2 for the longest time(best value ever!!!), then after the volcano debacle, they upped it to 5. Then when they brought in the reservation process priority went up to 10 so its the same as a reserved seat.

Priority is only €5 or €6, I think. It's not the same price as reserved seating, unless they've increased it in the last couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Priority is only €5 or €6, I think. It's not the same price as reserved seating, unless they've increased it in the last couple of weeks.

Priority is 10 euro, I flew with them a couple of weeks ago.

syklops wrote: »

It doesn't make sense to me why one would go for Priority Boarding instead of reserving a seat?

I flew from Milan and people seemed to have wasted their 10e as we were all put on a bus to go to the plane and I ended up being one of the first few on the plane and I had the regular boarding.

Hmm so will they get away with this apparent "upgrading" as only people who have paid will get to sit in the emergency seats.

syklops wrote: »

You were done then. I'm checking into my flight to Luton at the weekend in another window and priority is €5. Are you sure you didn't book it for your return journey as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I flew from Milan and people seemed to have wasted their 10e as we were all put on a bus to go to the plane and I ended up being one of the first few on the plane and I had the regular boarding.
    That is the biggest scam with it. First to board the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

(UK £/Euro €) Booked on http://www.ryanair.com/ Booked Call Centre* or Airport

Priority Boarding Fee - Per passenger/ Per One Way Flight £5 €5 £6 €6

Reserved Seating Fee £10 €10 €10 call centre/airport €10 call centre/airpo

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

trying to buy this cash passport, can anyone tell me what details from the Irish passport MRZ go in the box, there's 15 <<<'s in it then a number on the bottom line, have tried it with and without the number after the <<<'s

any help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

My friends mother suddenly became very ill, So he is unable to travel on a flight he booked with with ryanair, Tried to contact them but no luck sofar, Will they refund? Also just had a thought about his visa credit card, would they cover the loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

They are not entitled to any refund from Ryanair. Ryanair had the seat there for him, it was not Ryanair's fault that they did not travel. I doubt the visa company would either. Has the flight left yet? When is/was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

flight next Friday

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Unless the card has travel insurance tied into travel purchases I think your on a loser here. The cc company don't have to chargeback nor Ryanair refund you because of a no show. They fulfilled their end of things by providing the flight as requested. Travel insurance is your only hope if your friend already has it.

Advertisement