Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

strandsman wrote: »
    flight next Friday

He might get something back if he cancels the flight asap, if he lets it go past 48 hours before the flight he has no chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Hope this is the right forum.

I was booking a flight on the Ryanair website. Selected the flight dates,times and so on. However, after I filled in the personal details, it said that an error had occurred and to do it again. So I did it again and paid for it.
    However, after I had paid for it, I realised that the return flight was different than what I originally selected. The dates and the time for the outbound flight were correct but, the return time was different.
    I think when the error occurred it automatically must have reselected the cheaper morning flight over the evening flight which I had originally picked.

Unfortunately their customer helpline is closed now.
    Has this happened to anyone here at all?
    Will Ryanair be any way reasonable about this?
    Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Rothmans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Something similar has happened to me in the past and I'm sure it has been mentioned in this thread in the past as well. They'll change the flight to the one that you want but it may well cost more to do the change than simply rebooking and writing off the first flight would.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

The page automatically defaults to the first flight option. I was caught out by this once a long time ago. You could try talking to them about it but I would say you are better off just booking the flight you wanted again. Probably zero chance of getting any changes made free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

When I had trouble with changing a name on a ticket I called them several times and hung up everytime I was asked to pay to change it. Eventually got an offer for 10 euro and took it. They originally wanted £100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Something similar has happened to me in the past and I'm sure it has been mentioned in this thread in the past as well. They'll change the flight to the one that you want but it may well cost more to do the change than simply rebooking and writing off the first flight would.
    flikflak wrote: »
    The page automatically defaults to the first flight option. I was caught out by this once a long time ago. You could try talking to them about it but I would say you are better off just booking the flight you wanted again. Probably zero chance of getting any changes made free of charge.
    When I had trouble with changing a name on a ticket I called them several times and hung up everytime I was asked to pay to change it. Eventually got an offer for 10 euro and took it. They originally wanted £100

Thanks folks. Rang them today and got it changed for the €10. My friend had told me if you ring with 24 hours its ten euro.

I'd say they do this on purpose, why does the page time out so quickly? They know that's going to piss people off, and cause them to rush through the booking process in order to avoid another time-out, and them losing all the info they've already put in. And they're quite subtle about it too. When you see that the dates are all the same, you move on to the next section. It makes me so mad to to be penalised for their shoddy ( or more likely sneaky) website design.

Fasttalkerchat's point about how he/she was told he would have to pay between €10 and €100 by various Ryanair reps shows what bloody chancers they are. It seems quite arbitrary - Screw as much out of them as you can. . . That company has to be breaking some law :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

€10? You did well. I was quoted far more when it happened to me.

I think they do it on purpose as well. It catches loads of people out and they've overhauled the website at least twice since it happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just as an FYI - this has happened to me on Aer Lingus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

dudara wrote: »
    Just as an FYI - this has happened to me on Aer Lingus as well.
    A bit more info, please: what was it like trying to get things sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I missed a flight with Ryanair because I had an eye infection.
    I was wondering would there be anyway I could get a refund from Ryanair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

No but you could try your travel insurance

I don't have travel insurance unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Then eyed forget about it

I rang them up and they said I could send a medical certificate via text(not sure how that works) but your one said she didn't know after me doing that whether I'd get a refund or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I wouldnt bother with the hassle of sending them a med cert. They wont do anything for you. Had you travel insurance then with that med cert you could have been refunded for some of the costs.

If you are future trips consider buying an annual policy as these are usually good value for money.

Jeez they're useless.
    Why couldn't they just tell me I'd be wasting my time on the phone.
    When I rang I got through to some woman from India and I could barely make out what she was saying.
    Are all flight companies as bad as Ryanair?
    Whenever I do travel somewhere I want a better service than these cowboys.
    I read somewhere aswell that even if you have flight insurance you still have to get them to write a no show letter for you which costs over 21 euros.
    21 euros to write a bloody letter so even then if thats the case with insurance you probably get sweet feck all money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

How would I go about selling my place on the flight to a mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If I understand this correctly it will cost €110 each way for a name change.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

tuxy wrote: »
    If I understand this correctly it will cost €110 each way for a name change.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees

€110 each way :rolleyes: Thats a rip off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

You can't do that either..... they charge more than the flights usually to change the name. This is to stop people bulk buying ' cheap ' seats and selling them on at a profit.

Sorry you have lost that money.

OP , you know the most common lie told in the 21st century ?

' click here if you have read/understood terms and conditions '

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

James__10 wrote: »
    I booked a return flight to Palma with Ryanair back in January which cost be €160 I am supposed to be going in September but I got onto a FAS course which means I'll be going to Boston in August and returning home in October which means I'll not be able to go to Palma.

If I cancel the flight will I be able to get my money back? It was all done online.:confused:

If you are not getting your money back don't just cancel the flight, wait in case the change the flight times even if it's for a few minutes, when you get the email to notify of the change you can cancel the flight all together, but don't hold you breath on it as is quite rare they change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I see Ryanair are trying to buy Aer Lingus again. A monopoly on poor customer service now would be as bad as the monpoly Aer Lingus had 25 years ago on high airfares.

Hopefully someone else will enter the ring though, as I suppose it's inevitable that they'll have to be sold in the next year or two as the government need to offload their share to raise cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

I see Ryanair are trying to buy Aer Lingus again. A monopoly on poor customer service now would be as bad as the monpoly Aer Lingus had 25 years ago on high airfares.

Hopefully someone else will enter the ring though, as I suppose it's inevitable that they'll have to be sold in the next year or two as the government need to offload their share to raise cash.

I have found that although the in-air service is much nicer with Aer Lingus, their customer service, especially when it comes to refunds is as bad as any other airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I have found that although the in-air service is much nicer with Aer Lingus, their customer service, especially when it comes to refunds is as bad as any other airline.

Aer Lingus flights are certainly more restful than than the street-market atmosphere of Ryanair , but I find for the most part the Ryanair cabin crew try to be pleasant and smile as much or as little as the crew on Aer Lingus.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

God forbid Ryanair's bid ever gets accepted....Aer Lingus are in another league to them so it would be such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Hi I wanted to change a flight with Ryanair recently. On a Friday I tried to change a return flight from the following Tuesday to the day before, but it would not let me access the return flight online. I then rang customer service to try and change the flight, but was told rather abruptly that I had checked in for the return flight and the person I was talking to kept insisting that I had checked in for it.

Is there any point complaining to them about:
    a. the woeful customer service
    b. the error in there system that prevented me changing my flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,114 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Where you checked in for the return portion?

It is often easier to just book another flight than mess about changing flights

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Where you checked in for the return portion?

It is often easier to just book another flight than mess about changing flights

I hadn't checked in but they claimed I had and so wouln't let me change the flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Book another flight, save yourself hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭roxychix

does anyone know why ryanair booking is not working. ive tried and book flights from knock to barcelona but no luck. can search and after i put the security password thingy in it goes to blank page. anyone else got this problem

Advertisement