Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

billyhead wrote: »
    Yeh there some shower. Probaly only wasting my time complaining to them. They couldn't give a rats about thier customers. Just a money making machine. It leaves me in limbo though now as to how to get from Poznan back to Dublin without been fleeched. I wil have to write off the idea of getting to Stockholm which is a non runner thanks to Ryana:mad:ir

You have nothing to complain about though. You booked a flight that was subsequently cancelled. They refunded you that money leaving you free to spend the money to get to your destination another way or cancel altogether.

What you do when you get to your destination is no concern of RA. Your onward plans are your own business. If you wanted a through flight then you should have booked and paid for one. You chose to book this way. As has already been pointed out its a point to point airline with no onward transfers bookable. Its a chance you take when deciding to fly this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

deandean wrote: »
    Welcome to the huge mass of people who have been screwed by ryanair. I end up wondering do they make strategic decisions to cancel flights cos it means more profit for them. I never ever trust them with interconnecting flights. Or when flying with family. Strictly point to point with hand luggage. Horrible business model from a customer point of view as you are seeing.

I can understand you not trusting them on interconnecting flights as Ryanair tell you they do not do them. I am struggling to see why you would not trust them for family flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭billyhead

flikflak wrote: »
    You have nothing to complain about though. You booked a flight that was subsequently cancelled. They refunded you that money leaving you free to spend the money to get to your destination another way or cancel altogether.

What you do when you get to your destination is no concern of RA. Your onward plans are your own business. If you wanted a through flight then you should have booked and paid for one. You chose to book this way. As has already been pointed out its a point to point airline with no onward transfers bookable. Its a chance you take when deciding to fly this way.

Do you mean I could cancel the flight now from Stockholm to Dublin and get fully refunded for this? Or would I need to have chosen the option for travel insurance with them when booking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Billy head, maybe you've already explored this option but could you book a Poznan to Stockholm flight on the previous day, sleep at the airport then take your Stockholm to Dublin flight?

You don't necessarily have to take travel insurance with Ryanair, there are a lot of multi-trip travel insurances available which will cover you - you just have to read through their T and C's.

billyhead wrote: »
    Do you mean I could cancel the flight now from Stockholm to Dublin and get fully refunded for this? Or would I need to have chosen the option for travel insurance with them when booking?

No, I mean cancel your planned trip altogether. Travel insurance wont help you here either no matter who you bought it from. You made the decision to use a point to point airline to get you to a destination where you were catching another flight. When plans like this work they are great and can save you money and time but when something goes wrong you are on your own. You have to be aware of the pitfalls when travelling on these bookings and have contingency plans in place should things not go to plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

kelle wrote: »
    Billy head, maybe you've already explored this option but could you book a Poznan to Stockholm flight on the previous day, sleep at the airport then take your Stockholm to Dublin flight?

Or maybe overland to somewhere else and from there to Stockholm?
    Or a connecting flight - e.g. you could go via Warsaw with LOT.
    Though obviously that may cost more than it's worth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭billyhead

kelle wrote: »

You don't necessarily have to take travel insurance with Ryanair, there are a lot of multi-trip travel insurances available which will cover you - you just have to read through their T and C's.

Can't cause I will miss the Eire game

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

The Ryanair Cash Passport application process now seems to be divided into those who have Irish passports and those who don't, so at least they seem to have recognised this anomaly.

The non-Irish passport route seems more manual, so guess it may take longer to process.

^ They sent me a form via e mail for me to fill out and send back to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Melie

hey everybody,

First I'm sorry I dont speak english very well.

So I have this problem : I tried to reserve an airfare in the ryanair website and when i tried to pay (I finished to write my credit card numbers and i validated) this message error appeared :

ERROR
    [5022:NoTermsOfUseAcceptanceFoundException] Please indicate that you have read and accept the Terms of Use and click on Search for Flights button.

But I was do it. And the only place where I could click was "HOME"
    So I clicked and i was come back to home page website.

Do you know this type of error? Do you know if my payment was accepted, or if i need to do again?
    I don't want to paye twice, but i'm afraid if i wait an confirmation e mail, the cheap prices disappear. :/

Thank you to read me
    Good night everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Melie wrote: »
    hey everybody,

First I'm sorry I dont speak english very well.

So I have this problem : I tried to reserve an airfare in the ryanair website and when i tried to pay (I finished to write my credit card numbers and i validated) this message error appeared :

ERROR
    [5022:NoTermsOfUseAcceptanceFoundException] Please indicate that you have read and accept the Terms of Use and click on Search for Flights button.

But I was do it. And the only place where I could click was "HOME"
    So I clicked and i was come back to home page website.

Do you know this type of error? Do you know if my payment was accepted, or if i need to do again?
    I don't want to paye twice, but i'm afraid if i wait an confirmation e mail, the cheap prices disappear. :/

Thank you to read me
    Good night everyone

How long did it take you to do the whole transaction? I've got that error before if I start looking at flights and then go off and do something else - your session times out and you have to start again.

In which case the payment probably wasn't taken. But probably safest to ring them and see if they have a record of your booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Melie

Indeed, i took a long time to make this transaction, because i looked at many options and many times :)

i'll probably try to call them tomorrow to be sure :)
    Thank you for your quickly answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That said, I do understand what you're saying. It's just something that occurred to me at the weekend when I realised how few people were on board these flights. I usually fly Dublin to one of the London airports and those flights are almost always close to capacity regardless of price.

Ryanair will have optimised their pricing models. If it was more profitable in the long run to do what you are suggesting, they would do it. They make money and that is it. The models would be complex and statistical but we can be sure that they are maximising revenue. They probably considered your course of action but running it through the models showed a smaller profit than the way they have chosen.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I am flying to Faro this evening and I have my hand luggage packed up tight just within the dimension limit. But it is very heavy because I have a few electrical items. Do they ever weigh it at boarding?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

siobhanoh wrote: »
    I am flying to Faro this evening and I have my hand luggage packed up tight just within the dimension limit. But it is very heavy because I have a few electrical items. Do they ever weigh it at boarding?!

If it looks too heavy or too big they might weigh it.

Ok I will just have to act strong and pretend it's really light :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Got new passports last week and tried for the Ryanair cash passport once more. Successful this time. used it this morning to book 2 flights so saved €24- offset against the €10 cost of the card (the €10 voucher didn't work:mad:) and a cost of €4 charged by visa credit card for loading the Ryanair card (when reloading will use Ulster Bank debit card, hopefully avoiding this charge). the €3 reload charge cannot be avoided. they charge €3 for non use after 6 months but this is easily avoided by purchasing petrol etc using the card.

Re post about weight of carry on bags: Never seen them weighing bags at Dublin (have seen it abroad) keep it on the ground and if you have to lift or carry it - make it look light. I am usually over the 10kg limit and never weighted. Enjoy the Holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I have had carry on weighed at check in in Dublin, but not at the gate

I have had carry on weighed at check in in Dublin, but not at the gate

Is this when you checked in a bag too? I have to drop a bag off, should I leave my hand luggage with a friend?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Is this when you checked in a bag too? I have to drop a bag off, should I leave my hand luggage with a friend?

Yes good idea but I seen them also weight cases at the gates with a portable scale, not sure how much they charge per kg but someone that question if the weight on their scale was correct was told pay or you won't fly with us.

• Advertisement

Never seen Ryanair with a portable scale, they do have one at the gate though. If you're over the limit it's 40euro

For peace of mind, invest in a set of digital scales. Weigh yourself, then weigh yourself holding the bag to calculate the additional weight of the bag before you set off to the airport. Well worth about €20 from Argos (or wherever) to avoid any unnecessary charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

My flight from Dublin 4 hours delayed on Wednesday and trying to actually find anyone with any information as to why it was delayed was a task in itself, eventually a passenger did track down someone who "wasn't sure" why the flight was delayed but "thought it was due to adverse weather":rolleyes: and not as much as an apology when we finally did board the plane, it must be killing Ryanair that passengers now get a drink/food voucher for a fiver which we all got if the flight is delayed over a certain time, i never recall getting this before a few years back when my flight to Gatwick was delayed 8 hours.

#Ryanair Europe's most on time airline#

:rolleyes:

jonnny68 wrote: »
    it must be killing Ryanair that passengers now get a drink/food voucher for a fiver which we all got if the flight is delayed over a certain time, i never recall getting this before a few years back when my flight to Gatwick was delayed 8 hours.

Didn't this compensation all start from the Icelandic volcano episode, and don't Ryanair add some kind of "volcano levy" on to your fare, so that the fivers are only coming out of this supposedly segregated fund anyway?

About 9 years ago I once bought a Ryanair sandwich for about a fiver, I think. I'm not a fussy eater at all, but I had to leave half of it and I've never bought another one since. Aer Lingus fare on the other hand has always been pretty reliable. Can anyone vouch that the Ryanair sandwiches are any better these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Not really.
    Edible if you're famished is the best compliment I can give.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Best idea is to get the meal deal in Dublin airport at Boots, choice of sandwich, and not too bad, packet of crisps/bar of choc and a bottle or water/mineral for under €5.

At Belfast get a similar deal at Superdrug.

far as I can recall the sandwiches on both ryanair and aer lingus are made in Dunmurray near Belfast. Boots are imported from UK and Superdrug (the best by a country mile) are made in Kerry.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    My flight from Dublin 4 hours delayed on Wednesday and trying to actually find anyone with any information as to why it was delayed was a task in itself, eventually a passenger did track down someone who "wasn't sure" why the flight was delayed but "thought it was due to adverse weather":rolleyes: and not as much as an apology when we finally did board the plane, it must be killing Ryanair that passengers now get a drink/food voucher for a fiver which we all got if the flight is delayed over a certain time, i never recall getting this before a few years back when my flight to Gatwick was delayed 8 hours.

#Ryanair Europe's most on time airline#

:rolleyes:

What's your point exactly? Your flight was delayed so Ryaniar are the worst???

Ryanair are Europe's most on time airline, that is how they can afford to give out these vouchers if they are delayed. Usually it's not even their fault. I've flown with Ryanair hundreds of times and been delayed maybe 4 times.

Other airlines, such as aer lingus, are delayed far more often and don't hand out any such vouchers. And you'll be equally pressed to get much information as to why they are late as that stuff is decided in ATC and doesnt much filter down to the air hostess' you would mainly deal with at the gate.

Considering how often other airlines are delayed they couldnt hand out such an offer as Ryanair do.

Ryanair, as you say, are Europes most on time airline, one late flight doesnt change this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

al28283 wrote: »
    That is an unfair representation of what johnny68 said. it's clear enough that he was focusing on the way that Ryanair dealt with people about the delay.

When I spend my money, be it on travel or groceries or shoes, I like my supplier to treat me with some respect or at least a passable pretence of respect. It seems that Ryanair have set their face against the idea of showing respect for their customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

al28283 wrote: »

Ryanair are Europe's most on time airline
    , that is how they can afford to give out these vouchers if they are delayed. Usually it's not even their fault. I've flown with Ryanair hundreds of times and been delayed maybe 4 times.

Other airlines, such as aer lingus, are delayed far more often and don't hand out any such vouchers. And you'll be equally pressed to get much information as to why they are late as that stuff is decided in ATC and doesnt much filter down to the air hostess' you would mainly deal with at the gate.

Considering how often other airlines are delayed they couldnt hand out such an offer as Ryanair do.

Ryanair, as you say, are Europes most on time airline, one late flight doesnt change this

You reckon eh, well ill make a mockery of your words as i travel with them so often and having to always listen to their drivel about how they are Europes most on time airline that i decided to start taking notes of the times the flights departed and landed, and i can categorically state not ONCE have they ever taken off before or on time and this is 100%, i have all this information saved and ive been compiling this since last year and i said id do it for a full year and then post it online so people can see for themselves the bulls*it lies they come out with, all departure and landing times are exact too, the deparure time varies from 2 minutes late to 4 hours late, they vastly over estimate all flying times, Dublin to Leeds Bradford for example can be done in as quick as 28 minutes indeed ive timed it at that before but according to FR it's anything from 40 minutes to an hour,although any flight on that route ive been on has never been longer than 45 minutes even in adverse weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/holidaymakers-terror-as-ryanair-plane-forced-to-make-emergency-landing-3074006.html

It looks like Ryanair has some work to do to train pilots to explain that a sudden manoeuvre is routine procedure in response to cabin pressure loss rather than risking getting brown stains on the seats. :)

On the other hand, it's heartening to see they didn't charge extra for the oxygen.:D

Advertisement