Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has gotten the online Refund Application Form to work. Just keep getting ''Your flight reservation number is invalid. Please check the flight reservation number you have entered'' which it clearly isn't.

I was getting that so they sent me another form on Twitter and that worked. Submitted over a week ago and nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

Caranica wrote: »
    I was getting that so they sent me another form on Twitter and that worked. Submitted over a week ago and nothing yet

Any chance you could send on the link for the other form?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

So... Tomorrow at 12pm I'm meant to be on a flight from Birmingham to Dublin.
    I'm in Liverpool and had planned on getting an 8am train down
    Ten o clock tonight I get a text saying that the flight is now leaving 4 hours early!
    So a. I can't make it
    B. What rights do I have, there's plenty of information on delayed flights and your rights compensation etc but I can't find anything on one's that leave so much earlier
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

According to their T&C's you are entitled to a refund if the scheduled departure time changes by more than 2 hours.

So... Tomorrow at 12pm I'm meant to be on a flight from Birmingham to Dublin.
    I'm in Liverpool and had planned on getting an 8am train down
    Ten o clock tonight I get a text saying that the flight is now leaving 4 hours early!
    So a. I can't make it
    B. What rights do I have, there's plenty of information on delayed flights and your rights compensation etc but I can't find anything on one's that leave so much earlier
    Any ideas?

You are given 2 choices, the first link is to accept the change but further down there's a second to get a refund.

Now that's of little use because it's messed up your entire plans but in this occasion I don't think we can blame them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Daniel112 wrote: »
    Any chance you could send on the link for the other form?

It was this one https://contactform.ryanair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Do the cardbank details have to be the same as the card used when booking or can you nominate a different cardbank when submitting a refund claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Do the cardbank details have to be the same as the card used when booking or can you nominate a different cardbank when submitting a refund claim.

No option to change card details,its repaid to the card the flight(s) were purchased on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Caranica wrote: »
    yabadabado wrote: »
    No option to change card details,its repaid to the card the flight(s) were purchased on.

I would have thought so, but the claim form linked above requests your bank details which I found strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

My card has changed since I bought my April 20 tickets last May.
    My new card is set as the default card on the account.
    Anyone know do they refund to the new card?

• Advertisement

I would have thought so, but the claim form linked above requests your bank details which I found strange.

That's a different form than the ones I've received via email the last few days.

I've got refunded on 4 flights and didnt have option to input bank a/c on them.

I'm sure if you query it with them they will be happy to send the payment to a new card if old one is gone .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I think they refund the old card and the card company credits the new card. If you changed providers I dont know what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Thanks for the links and info above folks. My return from Dublin tomorrow has changed from 11:55 to 06:30 - not to mention that the flight over on Friday was cancelled so I'm not there. I assumed the whole booking would be cancelled but nope. With this flight time change I thought they were really taking the pi$$. I've just submit refund claim for this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Ryanair are saints compared to the **** at Wizz

What are Wizzair doing ?

theteal wrote: »
    Thanks for the links and info above folks. My return from Dublin tomorrow has changed from 11:55 to 06:30 - not to mention that the flight over on Friday was cancelled so I'm not there. I assumed the whole booking would be cancelled but nope. With this flight time change I thought they were really taking the pi$$. I've just submit refund claim for this one too.

The ‘return’ flight changing by more than 2+hours should mean getting a refund is straight forward ( unlike if they flew on time)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Icepick

I am only able to manage the return flight. Anybody dealing with the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

yabadabado wrote: »
    What are Wizzair doing ?

Nothing, thats the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭paddy19

"I would have thought so, but the claim form linked above requests your bank details which I found strange."

I have got refunds to my bank account from Ryanair.

It's probably simpler for them rather than having to work back through the credit card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

That refunds link is going to be under severe pressure

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0324/1125010-ryanair-flights-grounded/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I apologise if my query has been asked and/or answered already.

Flight is FR flight DUB-EDI on Sunday 5-Apr 12:35, and then return later, and it is one of those few flights that is still operating!!!

We have not received any e-mail about refunds.

Clearly, the five of us can't go.

But the flight is not cancelled.

So what is the story? We can postpone to a future date, with no change fee, I get that.

But no hope of a refund?

I really appreciate any reply.

If the flight goes ahead, Imo, you won’t get a refund.

I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

joeysoap wrote: »
    If the flight goes ahead, Imo, you won’t get a refund.

I’d be happy to be proved wrong.

You are correct.

Called the call centre a few times today.

No refund, only option is to change the dates.

If you don't fly tomorrow I'm pretty sure you won't get anything.
    Once the airline flies to the destination within the arrival time limits they has met the contract and EU261 requirements.
    If you can't validly enter the country that's your problem.

You will be pointed to insurance.

One though, if you change dates you have some chance that the new flight might be cancelled and you'd get a full refund.

Looks like it's a no loose bet.

Two problems, picking a date with the highest chance of been cancelled and picking flights so you don't loose out by choosing lower fares.

Once you move to a lower fare I think you'll have to pay the difference if you subsequently want to move to a new date with a higher fare again.

Curious one from Ryanair statement "Ryanair advises customers not to try to change to another date in April."
    Does that mean they expect to cancel more flights in April?

Picking a lower fare is almost impossible anyway. In my case flights they selling for €74 suddenly shot up to €151 when I opted to rebook. I cancelled and applied for the refund, but my flight was cancelled so I had the choice. As paddy 19 posts you will have to do it before the flight departs otherwise you’re just a no show.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I would agree about changing your flights to either flights that are either likely to be cancelled in the near term or far enough ahead so as less likely to be affected. However, given that the government have said we should not be leaving the house, except for a very small number of reasons, which is also being enforced by the gardai, if you haven't done either before departure, I would write to them and ask for a refund or a travel voucher because you couldn't travel sighting that government advice. Aer Lingus are giving travel vouchers to those who don't want to travel.

"I would write to them and ask for a refund or a travel voucher because you couldn't travel sighting that government advice."

Good luck with that!

Aer Lingus is not an Irish semi-state company any more. They are profit making company that has been flying empty planes recently
    to grab as much cash from passengers who don't cancel.

You have a contract, thankfully the EU261 regulation and Irish consumer law. That's all you've got.

The voucher is not bad +10% and 5 years (thanks to Irish consumer law) but cash is way better.

If the flight is cancelled you are legally entitled to a refund.

Are Ryanair offering a voucher +10% ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Error report

Beware, Aer Lingus MUST offer you a refund but they do not. I received an email with the details of my cancellation and the only optinos were to either reschedule or get a voucher + 10%. While I clicked on the voucher option, thinking that otherwise, I would lose out altogether, you have to select the checkbox to indicate that you are happy to receive a voucher in lieu of a refund - but there is no option not to, or to opt for a refund!
    This made me absolutely mad at Aer Lingus because Ryanair offered me a straight refund two weeks ago, no quibble.
    I spent 2 hours searching for the option to get a refund because getting a voucher doesn't suit me until I found it:

This app won't allow me to post a link - you can google "aer lingus disrupted flight refund form" to get to it.

We can only speculate why Aer Lingus don't offer a refund and make it so difficult to find the refund request. My personal guess is a combination of the following:
    1. Cash Flow - cash is better in the company's bank account than the customer's account. The company can reduce its reliance on third-party borrowing and its interest costs. I note that the company's accounts for 2018 show interest costs of €9,199,000.
    2. It is generally believed that oil prices will remain low for the foreseeable future. So even though the company will give you a 10% extra, it may benefit from much-decreased fuel price. I note that oil, fuel, landing and emission charges represent 18.9% of its income, per the 2018 Accounts which are publicly available. It will depend if they forward bought fuel and at what price.
    3. We can only speculate but if the company increased their prices by, say, 15% on average, then there would be a 5% windfall to the company, the converse of which is - you would be losing out.

You must consider what is best in your situation. Remember that if you hold a voucher, you are an unsecured creditor, as such, you are unlikely to get anything back in the event of a liquidation. I applied for a 100% refund.

Is a short term gain more valuable than outraged customers?

Advertisement