Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Thanks for replies. I have aisle seats and priority boarding so I’ll just take it on board with me. AL on return leg and they’ll take the bag. ( I have never been refused at Faro, Lanzarote, Marco Polo, Malaga, Brussels etc) its not a deal breaker, I just enjoy the freedom of airports with nothing to lug around and I travel light so very seldom check in a bag ( in fact I don’t remember when last I did so) AL desk 32 at Dublin take cabin bags. It is what it is, inconvenience, nothing more.

Out of curiosity I checked how much RY would charge me for the cabin ba. €24 to Tenerife. The bags going anyway, so there’s no weight difference. Just in the cabin not the hold.

I’ll be more careful with any future booking with RY. No more priority and two bags. Just book an aisle seat (it doesn’t matter to me when I board) and a check in bag, and I’m happy. Or maybe just take a free seat at the last minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

joeysoap wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I checked how much RY would charge me for the cabin ba. €24 to Tenerife. The bags going anyway, so there’s no weight difference. Just in the cabin not the hold.

I’ll be more careful with any future booking with RY. No more priority and two bags. Just book an aisle seat (it doesn’t matter to me when I board) and a check in bag, and I’m happy. Or maybe just take a free seat at the last minute.

ive had the same arguement with them before,

now i just check a bag and then check in at the last minute (usually get the overwing exit rows) and sit down and take my sweet time while people stand in the queues fidgeting and moaning, then board when the queue is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Always cheaper to choose this at the time of booking than afterwards. Normally €12-15 for a checked in 10kg bag at time of booking depending on destination.

I paid €15 for a check-in bag at booking time ... to add the same bag now on-line, post-booking now would cost me €24 ... that's a sizeable difference.

holly8 wrote: »
    I paid €15 for a check-in bag at booking time ... to add the same bag now on-line, post-booking now would cost me €24 ... that's a sizeable difference.

Understand that, but Johnny Sausage is right. Way to go is book in a bag and no priority and two bags, no seat selection.

I’ll try this next t time but I’m not paying twice for the same bag.

• Advertisement

I’ve decided not to travel to Spain at Easter. Cancelled accommodation and refund received ( private owner booking)

Tried Ryanair change flight to push the flight back to October. Flights are showing on website as €94 for the one I am interested in. But when I use Manage booking the fee jumps to €151 which is greater than my flight. Gouging of the highest order. Also a change fee of €55 per person

For the return flight AL won’t allow a different airport of departure , at least Ryanair allow that ( Tenerife change to Malaga)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've seen communcations from both Ryanair and AL stating that from today change fees will be waived, and I'm 99% sure that AL said you can change airport as well. You do have to rebook for an alternative date though (which is catching a few of us at the moment, we were booked to go to a function in Spain, but it's off now but no new date set as of yet).

I'd say they're swamped with enquiries, so maybe their systems are taking a while to catch up?

Can't answer for the magical increase in fare with Ryanair, that's a sneaky one if it's right :(

If you've a few weeks before your travel dates, I'd be patient and just keep trying - I'd say airlines have half the country on to them trying to change/cancel/rebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

I’ve decided not to travel to Spain at Easter. Cancelled accommodation and refund received ( private owner booking)

Tried Ryanair change flight to push the flight back to October. Flights are showing on website as €94 for the one I am interested in. But when I use Manage booking the fee jumps to €151 which is greater than my flight. Gouging of the highest order. Also a change fee of €55 per person

For the return flight AL won’t allow a different airport of departure , at least Ryanair allow that ( Tenerife change to Malaga)

I have had the exact same experience. Changing fights to Paris to October.

Initial flight cost was €107, but when I clicked on it, it magically jumped to €170. I thought i was doing something wrong so tried it a couple of times.

they just add on the change fee to the fares when changing flights. complete scumbag move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The czech Republic has closed its borders.can ryanair still fly in there?if not am i entitled to a refund?
    And how do you actually change a flight do you have to phone them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The czech Republic has closed its borders.can ryanair still fly in there?if not am i entitled to a refund?
    And how do you actually change a flight do you have to phone them up?

Can do it online. Not charging a change fee from now until the 29th. You're entitled to a refund if flights aren't allowed in.

• Advertisement

It seems that when you change a booking the flights are 'standard fare' but if booking new they are listed as 'value fare'. So special offers and reductions are applied to the new bookings and not while changing.

Yes, it could be that. Also Ryanair changing flights free until 31st March, (probably in response to EasyJet, but they have no restrictions on any future flight) Ryanair will probably change that to include April later. Not going anywhere anyway so I’ll wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have had the exact same experience. Changing fights to Paris to October.

Initial flight cost was €107, but when I clicked on it, it magically jumped to €170. I thought i was doing something wrong so tried it a couple of times.

they just add on the change fee to the fares when changing flights. complete scumbag move.

Follow the process all the way through and it should cancel out. That's what happened my friend. A €90 increase in fare cost just over €6

Not in my case though, flight difference is only €24 (2x €12)but they are looking for a change fee of €110 (2x€55) a total of €134 for what should be cheaper flights. Malaga for Tenerife.

Not in my case though, flight difference is only €24 (2x €12)but they are looking for a change fee of €110 (2x€55) a total of €134 for what should be cheaper flights. Malaga for Tenerife.

They're not charging the change fee now.

Only for flights in March according to this. Everything will be grand in April. :rolleyes:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11164834/ryanair-easyjet-coronavirus-cancel-change-fee/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Only for flights in March according to this. Everything will be grand in April. :rolleyes:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11164834/ryanair-easyjet-coronavirus-cancel-change-fee/

Not opening a sun article.

To be fair, the current guidance from the Irish government only really goes to end of this month, schools/colleges only closed to end of this month, however it's preliminary.

March is it ( for now) obviously they don’t want to lose their Easter bookings just yet ( or hoping passengers will pay for change)

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/disruptions-and-refunds/coronavirus-covid-19/flight-change-fee-removed

March is it ( for now) obviously they don’t want to lose their Easter bookings just yet ( or hoping passengers will pay for change)

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/disruptions-and-refunds/coronavirus-covid-19/flight-change-fee-removed

Changed to April now, but only the route originally booked. I’ll stick for the refund at this stage. Seats + priority booked on original booking so that’s lost if I change. I wouldn’t go to Spain now anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Tried using the Ryanair refund form to get money back on cancelled flights.The website is an awful piece of ****.

No one responding on live chat either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

yabadabado wrote: »
    Tried using the Ryanair refund form to get money back on cancelled flights.The website is an awful piece of ****.

No one responding on live chat either.

I'd say they might have one or two things going on at the moment.

I haven’t been offered a refund by RY- yet.

12 ( honestly) emails from AL offering a refund on the return leg. FWIW the AL site is terrible too. Crashed on me twice - I’ll wait till it calms down and by the Michael might be making refunds for Tenerife in April too,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'd say they might have one or two things going on at the moment.

What's has that got to do with having a working cancellation process?That process has been there for years .

It's like something a junior cert student would build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Joekers

Do you get refund on a change flight fee if your flight is cancelled ?

Had previously paid to change date but now whole flight is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just wondering if anyone has gotten the online Refund Application Form to work. Just keep getting ''Your flight reservation number is invalid. Please check the flight reservation number you have entered'' which it clearly isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭NickSantigo

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has gotten the online Refund Application Form to work. Just keep getting ''Your flight reservation number is invalid. Please check the flight reservation number you have entered'' which it clearly isn't.

I keep getting the same message too. Now the website keeps redirecting to the homepage when I click refund. It's like they are hoping we will just give up

• Registered Users Posts: 29,066 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I keep getting the same message too. Now the website keeps redirecting to the homepage when I click refund. It's like they are hoping we will just give up

It also might be that the site is so overwhelmed by applications that it's malfunctioning.

I think people might be expecting too much from a lot of people/technology right now, and attributing malice where there simply is probably none.

I'd always be a bit more skeptical with a company like Ryanair who have a history of poor customer service tbh.

In answer to the original question Kat1170 I am in a group of 10 whom have individual bookings and we are all receiving the same message when trying to get a refund.

Folks on Twitter are saying it has been happening for the past few days and it seems everyone is experiencing the same problem. Hopefully Ryanair can sort out this glitch sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Have you tried clearing your browser and cache, or using a different web browser? Some people are saying they did that and it helped

• Advertisement

billie1b wrote: »
    Have you tried clearing your browser and cache, or using a different web browser? Some people are saying they did that and it helped

I haven't but will try now, thanks

Advertisement