Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭justback83

Why was the flight late? If it is an allowable reason, you should be claiming your EU261 compensation from Ryanair

I made a claim for compensation, which they approved. But they also told me they would reimburse the other incurred expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

justback83 wrote: »
    I made a claim for compensation, which they approved. But they also told me they would reimburse the other incurred expenses.

They are liable for food/drink/accomodation to a reasonable extent. Is that what you submitted? If so they are liable.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    They are liable for food/drink/accomodation to a reasonable extent. Is that what you submitted? If so they are liable.

I submitted receipts for accommodation and food.

Why aren't they liable for my missed car rental reservation?! All 3 customer service groups that I contacted said they would also reimburse this.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Liability for lost bookings for onward travel is nil; that includes car hire. That's what travel insurance is for; loss due to delays on scheduled transport is covered by even the most basic policies

L1011 wrote: »
    Liability for lost bookings for onward travel is nil; that includes car hire. That's what travel insurance is for; loss due to delays on scheduled transport is covered by even the most basic policies

Thanks for this info - is this on the Ryanair website somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thanks for this info - is this on the Ryanair website somewhere?

Its the legislation and conventions underpinning the compensation claim, not airline policy.

L1011 wrote: »
    Its the legislation and conventions underpinning the compensation claim, not airline policy.

What's your opinion on 3 different sets of Ryanair Customer Service staff telling me otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Did you get anything in writing?

Did you get anything in writing?

I have a chat transcript....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I would go back onto the chat with the transcript and ask them what is going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What's your opinion on 3 different sets of Ryanair Customer Service staff telling me otherwise?

If their customer service staff made a mistake in what they said that does not create a legal obligation for them.

They didn't understand the question basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I know RY charge €25 for a 20k check in bag, and I know they charge €8 for a 10k bag for non priority customers.
    Anyone know if you can take a large bag on a flight that weighs under 10k? Ie what was previously a bag for €25, can you take check it in for €8 if it weighs virtually nothing? I have a very good likelihood of an empty bag on a trip soon, but I need a large bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭deezell

joeysoap wrote: »
    I know RY charge €25 for a 20k check in bag, and I know they charge €8 for a 10k bag for non priority customers.
    Anyone know if you can take a large bag on a flight that weighs under 10k? Ie what was previously a bag for €25, can you take check it in for €8 if it weighs virtually nothing? I have a very good likelihood of an empty bag on a trip soon, but I need a large bag.

Good point, as you're checking it into the hold, it should be treated purely on weight, but.... The danger is it's still meant to be a cabin bag, with the really small ryanair dimensions. Remember, previously if you turned up with a barely oversized cabin bag they would take it off you, either at the check-in desk or later at the gate, put it in the hold, and charge you the full baggage charge at the airport rate, not the pre booked rate. The minute you try and check in your huge " cabin" bag you'll get a dirty look and a bill for the first baggsge weight size, but at the check in desk rate as you didn't pre book. Try it if you dare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Unless it's a box can you not mush it up if it's almost empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Unless it's a box can you not mush it up if it's almost empty?

Could maybe bring a smaller bag and compress the bigger bag inside it, then fold up the small bag inside the bigger bag on the way back when it's full.

Intend to do this in reverse, cabin size bag in the ‘big’ bag. Both full coming home so I will probably buy plus . *

My friend from NI is selling up as sterling has fallen so much he’s gained 40% in the past 2 years. I’m taking stuff back for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

ok need advice. When booking flights, I put in 3 adults 1 teenager. All good. When filling out the names though, I didn't think anything of it and put the teenagers name in 3rd .
    So when trying to check in this evening it won't let me put in the teenagers date of birth as it's reading her as an adult.
    What do I do now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Ask their online chat for help?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have booked in for a group of people online. I have all their boarding passes on my phone. Can i share the boarding passes to the other passengers? *

*I know i can just print them out. That is fine for flying over but i cannot guarantee that i will have access to a printer before i fly back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have booked in for a group of people online. I have all their boarding passes on my phone. Can i share the boarding passes to the other passengers? *

*I know i can just print them out. That is fine for flying over but i cannot guarantee that i will have access to a printer before i fly back.
    Yes, you can have bunch of boarding cards on the one phone. Just means you all have to go through security and board together.

Or you can take a screenshot and send each one to the relevant person. It's just the QR code that's needed.

ETA - that's where they're scanned (such as security). You might need more than just the QR code for boarding as I think the crew need to make sure you're actually boarding the right flight. A full screenshot will cover every angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

Or you can send screengrabs of each boarding pass. The scanner just reads the QRcode, whether its on a paper page, app, or screen

Overlapped with post above

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

I made a boo boo a few weeks ago when booking and flight and the auto fill on my browser filled my gf's surname with my own. Any chance Ryanair might amend this free of charge or should I just bite the bullet and pay the €110 fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I made a boo boo a few weeks ago when booking and flight and the auto fill on my browser filled my gf's surname with my own. Any chance Ryanair might amend this free of charge or should I just bite the bullet and pay the €110 fee?

They won't do it free at this stage. Free in first 24 hours

A new booking might well be cheaper than paying them €110.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

A new booking might well be cheaper than paying them €110.

Flights are booked out now so might just make the change later.

It's worth asking them on the Live Chat anyway even at this stage, might not get anything but nothing ventured nothing gained really. And they've had piles of really bad PR in the last few weeks they might want to counter!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turniton

I just want to check that I am not being stupid

I got a flight yesterday with Ryan air

My trolley option are:

-Priority and 2 cabin bag €8

-10 kg checked bag €10

how can the €8 give me priority and a 10kg bag to bring on the plane?

and a 10kg bag cost €10 , on its own?

am I missing something or getting it wrong?

You have it right. They want as many as possible going for priority and 2 cabin bags.

• Advertisement

You have it right. They want as many as possible going for priority and 2 cabin bags.

Correct as you don’t have to check in your cabin bag.

Enjoy it now those prices are ‘introductory’ prices. :)

Advertisement