Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Not possible with Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,802 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

MOH wrote: »
    More importantly why do people insist on disrupting everyone else and delaying flights instead of just paying a few quid extra if they actually want to sit together? They really need to start clamping down on that nonsense

Pain in the hole. We flew to Nice last Saturday and paid as a family to sit together (a b c d e all in a single row).
    Not for the gimp in front who sat there while his wife and 2 small kids were right down the back. The 2 kids spent the entire flight running up and down the aisle, much to the despair of the cabin crew and other passengers trying to use the bathrooms. Of course she made the journey 8 or 9 times to check "alright babes"....Fùck off the lot of you and sit together and spare the rest us a pair of 4 or 5 year olds constantly running up and down the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Keithchap wrote: »
    I am booking flight with Ryanair at the moment, if I try to book a flight from the destination to Dublin only, a 1 way flight, the cost is 372 euro. If I make it a return flight from Dublin to the destination and back, the return leg, the same flight as above, drops to 142 euro. It actually costs about half the price if I book it with a return journey and just don't use the outbound flight, that can't be right can it?

Ry are a point to point airline. Both flights are in fact one way even though booked at the same time. Doesn't matter if you book two and only turn up for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Ry are a point to point airline. Both flights are in fact one way even though booked at the same time. Doesn't matter if you book two and only turn up for one.

Thanks. But is that a common practice for them, charge you a lot less if you book return rather than single?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thanks. But is that a common practice for them, charge you a lot less if you book return rather than single?

It's not possible. Each way is charged separately, so the fare won't increase whether you book a single or return. The two sectors are priced individually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

It's not possible. Each way is charged separately, so the fare won't increase whether you book a single or return. The two sectors are priced individually.

Thanks, right you are. It was a foreign currency and I was calculating the exchange rate incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

Thanks, right you are. It was a foreign currency and I was calculating the exchange rate incorrectly.
    However, if you are changing a flight to a different time or date and you're prepared to pony up the exorbibant fee, be prepared for the fact that the price of your new flight may present significantly higher on the Change Flight interface than it presents if you just book a new single flight. The difference in fact appears to be designed to make you book a new flight. My reschduled flight was cheaper than the one I was changing, no refund of difference of course, so I should just pay the change fee, right? Wrong. The new flight was way more expensive when accessed through the change flight interface, so the cost was the change fee plus this artificial difference, which in total was more than booking a seperate new flight. I ended up doing this, and checked in online anyway for my unused flight just for spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

Heya,

ANyone has any idea if it is possible to cancel your flight and get a refund due to visa issues?
    I know there's no refund only local tax bull**** but I just wanted to ask maybe you've faced same situation?

No they will not refund because you can't get a visa. That's not their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Earlier this summer I had a flight between Dublin and Charleroi. Nothing to do with any strike, long before this recent union dispute. The plane arrived over one hour late in Dublin but that's ok. We went through the gate, went outside and got stopped on the steps.

The captain or first officer who was very cool and professional explained the crew were going "out of hours" and we had to return inside. As I understand they can only work so many hours each day. Our plane was given to Dublin Manchester which is a short flight so they did that.

We eventually left Dublin over 4 hours 40 minutes late and arrived in Belgium near 2am. I have a letter sent by email from Ryanair confirming this time delay.

I claimed under EU261 and was rejected due to "airport closure". But Dublin was never closed, I was there near seven hours. The plane that took us to Charleroi that night came from there, deboarded in Dublin and then took us. So Charleroi was open. It is possible Charleroi closed during the day but realy I have no information on that, I would have to google for news of an incident or something. Ryanair just said "airport closure"

Can I appeal maybe. I have no email address, I guess I could write a letter to Swords, is that the best next step. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Ryanair should set out your options in terms of an appeal in their response.

There website refers to raise the issue as follows following initial 'rejection'

15.3 Alternative Dispute Resolution
    If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may be able to refer your complaint to AviationADR (previously known as The Retail Ombudsman) within 12 months of our final response for a review. AviationADR is an independent and impartial airline dispute resolution scheme. This service is free to passengers. Their details are as follows: AviationADR, Airline Dispute Resolution, 33 Floor Euston Towers, 286 Euston Road, London NW1 3DP; Telephone +44 (0) 203 540 8063; aviation@aviationadr.org.uk

No point in writing to Ryanair again.

You best best at this stage is small claims. There is no legal obligation to use ADR.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Or go through one of ambulance chasers. You have nothing to lose.

Input the flight number in here and you should have an instant decision.

https://myflightdelayed.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwk_TbBRDsARIsAALJSOY2bi38lp6CIaz3HpJpV5qTX_mq3eT3otCQNWVKimTeEJ8GoyReMD0aAp10EALw_wcB

I have no doubt they have exorbitant fees,

I see now it’s 30% plus vat

No point in writing to Ryanair again.

You best best at this stage is small claims. There is no legal obligation to use ADR.

True, no obligation but it is free service, hassle free and the decision will be binding on Ryanair - if you have a valid claim they will suss it out for you.

If you still don't like their decision Small Claims is still an option after but remember getting a judgement v Ryanair does not get you paid - you then have to enforce the judgement (sure you will eventually get paid but do not presume it is a cheque at the door of the court room as you leave) - you will also need to take a day off to attend court.

Boards is full of rush to lawyers, court or companies to recover for you - for anyone half able to manage their own correspondence there are routes available to us which will get to the same result with no outlays required.

The Civil Aviation Authority in Dublin may also advise you, especially if Ryanair are dodging their duties under EU261

http://www.aviationreg.ie/air-passenger-rights/complaint-procedure.508.html

By using ADR you may well be forfeiting your rights to go to court afterwards. Beware.

By using ADR you may well be forfeiting your rights to go to court afterwards. Beware.

This is from the UK (CAA) ADR site - I am sure ireland will be the same - but just ask them when submitting the claim. Mediation is generally not binding on the consumer.

Consumers are not bound by our recommendations or decisions unless you agree to be bound. If you do not agree to be bound and you are unhappy with the outcome, you can still take your complaint elsewhere (such as to court).

Member airlines/airports are required to implement resolutions (such as compensation payments) within 30 working days – If this has not happened please let us know by contacting your complaint handler via the portal OR via email: enquiries@aviationadr.org.uk

These ADRs are run via the Aviation Authorities - if you have a case, they will side with you and it is 100% free of fees and you keep 100% if awarded.

Bang goes the ‘free’ bag in the hold. Priority and 2 bags ‘compulsory’ from November.

And yeah , I know it not compulsory :)

and as ‘priority’ is limited to 111 ( or thereabouts) it means you should book priority at time of booking. It mightn’t be available later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,077 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

joeysoap wrote: »
    Bang goes the ‘free’ bag in the hold. Priority and 2 bags ‘compulsory’ from November.

and as ‘priority’ is limited to 111 ( or thereabouts) it means you should book priority at time of booking. It mightn’t be available later.

Where are you seeing this?

How can priority be compulsory if there aren't enough priority slots to go around? :confused:

Is this not the situation as is at the moment? If you don't have priority your bag goes in the hold. So if priority is sold out, your bag still goes in the hold?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

How can priority be compulsory if there aren't enough priority slots to go around? :confused:

Is this not the situation as is at the moment? If you don't have priority your bag goes in the hold. So if priority is sold out, your bag still goes in the hold?

You'll now be paying for that bag in the hold. I'm not sure if you can still walk it to the gate, but probably not.

• Advertisement

You'll now be paying for that bag in the hold. I'm not sure if you can still walk it to the gate, but probably not.
    All clear in the link provided above.

Cheers for that :)

If I'm reading it correctly, the money will be the same (or thereabouts) but if you don't have prioirty you'll have to check your back in before security - that'll be the big PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If I'm reading it correctly, the money will be the same (or thereabouts) but if you don't have prioirty you'll have to check your back in before security - that'll be the big PITA.

Surely it's better than paying and gate checking? No liquid restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Am I reading it right, that its from the 1st Nov AND booked after 1st Sept. So If I book a flight last month for next March, then old rules apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

TheDriver wrote: »
    Am I reading it right, that its from the 1st Nov AND booked after 1st Sept. So If I book a flight last month for next March, then old rules apply?

It would be impossible to have two different policies running in tandem.

What about customers who have already booked flights before 1 September for travel on/after 1 Nov?

The new bag policy will apply to all travel on/after 1 November.

Non-priority customers who booked flights before 1 September (for travel after 1 Nov) can either add Priority Boarding for €/£8* or a 10kg bag for €/£10* or they may cancel their booking for a full refund.

*(price when added after booking)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

When they changed the check in luggage to 20kg,i remember they didn't update any 15kg for flights I had already booked.
    That's annoying, I booked flights based on their rules, very unfair to change goalposts

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

TheDriver wrote: »
    When they changed the check in luggage to 20kg,i remember they didn't update any 15kg for flights I had already booked.
    That's annoying, I booked flights based on their rules, very unfair to change goalposts

You can cancel and get a full refund if you'd prefer to fly another airline. Shocked they are offering that option tbh.

Agree its crap to have things changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭deezell

Whats happened here is basically Ryanair have reduced the size of personal carry on luggage to the size of a very small laptop/ tablet case, document case or handbag, and ir goes on the floor. They have monetised the ovehead lockers. It is no longer possible to travel on ryanair with rhe mimimum of personal effects for even a single overnight stay. Business users on day returnd will find their briefcases will in many cases exceed these dimensions, as 45 by 25 is only 18 by 10 inches,

joeysoap wrote: »

Apologies for the cynicism in my post. Priority is not compulsory but is obviously better option for many now. And the chances of adding priority (at a latter date) to the booking is going to be almost nil, as I think they will sell out quite quickly.

The other thing that has come to my mind, is the weight of the 10kg bag. If it has to be checked in now........ it will be weighed at the airport. Up to now I’m pretty certain I have exceeded 10kg most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Will you be able to check it in before security free of charge? Or no?

• Advertisement

Will you be able to check it in before security free of charge? Or no?

No

Advertisement