Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby names!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Have you been watching Dracula???! Lol. :) i like this name aswell.

Ive seen a few of the episodes but not up to date! Whos Illona in it? :)

My mum actually has a friend Illona :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Ive seen a few of the episodes but not up to date! Whos Illona in it? :)

My mum actually has a friend Illona :)

Lol. She's draculas wife who got killed but resembles Mena. It's quite a hauntingly beautiful name I think. Quite rare I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I have loved the name Ilona for years. A girl I went to school with had a sister called Ilona. It would be a strong contender if we ever had another little girl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

So we had settled on Emma but as expected it changed as it's just too common. At the moment, and for the last 5/6 weeks it has been Leah. We both really like it and so does my daughter from a previous relationship so that's very important too :)

Leah is beautiful. I know a couple that called their daughter Carolyn Leah and I think is is such a lovely classy name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Leah is beautiful. I know a couple that called their daughter Carolyn Leah and I think is is such a lovely classy name.

We are gonna be going with Leah Rose, it has a nice ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think adding Rose to any name makes it better! My neice is Sarah Rose and I think it has such a lovely ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm going to go against the grain here, but I LOVE Edith. The nickname Edie is too adorable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I'm going to go against the grain here, but I LOVE Edith. The nickname Edie is too adorable!

I really like Edith too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Edie is so fab! It's such a cute name.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Pang wrote: »
    Edie is so fab! It's such a cute name.

Got a bit fat no from the mister :P
    Think Ill have to wait until the 22nd to find out if we even need a girl name!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ah you know the name usually when they are born.It just comes to you.But of course there are exceptions.But i love Edie dont like Edith though.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    So, we're still stuck like glue to Elliot for a boy, but now we're trying to think of another girl's name beginning with "E" that would sound nice with it. Partner likes Eden (it's slowly growing on me) and said he's heard worse than Edith. Neither of us like Elizabeth, my name is Alisha so all the E versions of that are out, and there are several Emilys and Emmas already in the family.

Maybe Evanna like evanna lynch in the harry potter films, or Eavan (Eavan Boland the poet). I kind of like Elaina too

123 LC wrote: »
    Maybe Evanna like evanna lynch in the harry potter films, or Eavan (Eavan Boland the poet). I kind of like Elaina too

Hmmm, not sure about Eveanna.
    Thinking I might have to skip a girl beginning with E. There just aren't enough names I like! R is out of the question to because of surname.
    I had a dream about Gina as a name last night, not sure what I think of it really.

I'd love to be daring enough to go for Ever as a girl's name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Eve or Eva? I know a child called Ellie as well, it's short for elizabeth, but ellie is just adorable. Suits that blonde curly haired dot down to the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

pwurple wrote: »
    Eve or Eva? I know a child called Ellie as well, it's short for elizabeth, but ellie is just adorable. Suits that blonde curly haired dot down to the ground.

Eve and Eva are lovely names. I know an Eva who is constantly mistakenly called Aoife, only an issue in Ireland obviously.

pwurple wrote: »

No good, OH's goddaughter is Eve!
    Ellie is adorable, but I don't think it really suits them past a certain age. It is (to me) a child's name :-/
    Plus it's so common now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Elle? Eleanor (Ellie for short whilst small)?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

Ella is a beautiful 'E' name.

Elle? Eleanor (Ellie for short whilst small)?

Best friend has a daughter Eleanor and Elle is just too close to Ellie - still really don't like it as a nickname and it's invariably what the baby will get if she has a name like that.

I was thinking Cassandra (nn Sandra or Cassie) but OH doesn't like it.
    It's actually my middle name :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Another giant fan of Edith here!
    I love the name Ellen, although I recently heard of Elin (Eeelynn). I think that's lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm also a fan of Edith. What about Elsie? Or Elise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

cee_jay wrote: »
    I'm also a fan of Edith. What about Elsie? Or Elise?

Elise is gorgeous. Or Aleise?

Elise is gorgeous. Or Aleise?

Too much like Alisha, my own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Dolbert wrote: »
    Eve and Eva are lovely names. I know an Eva who is constantly mistakenly called Aoife, only an issue in Ireland obviously.

My uncle lived in england most his life and he calls my Aoife Eva all the time. I think Ellie and Ella has got very popular alright. A friend of mine named her little one Ellianna . I thought it was very unusual and was very surprised when i heard another child with the name. There both 2 though. I suppose they could shorten it to Ellie or Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The only other E names I can think of that haven't already been mentioned are Evelyn, Elodie (Elle-oh-dee), Eliora (Ellie-oh-rah), Emmy/emmie, and Edel..
    Any of those to your liking?

Maybe move away from E :P You previously mentioned Eliza, I don't think that's very like your own name at all tbh.

Maybe move away from E :P You previously mentioned Eliza, I don't think that's very like your own name at all tbh.

Not to pronounce, but I've been called it before. Ive also been called Alicia, Elise, Eilis, Aisling, Elizia and Alice.
    Don't want to give a girl a name that looks like it might be mine on paper for someone that knows how to say my name but not how to spell it!

Still baffles me how nurses can look at Alisha and pull Aisling out of their bums :p There isn't even a G!

Elodie you say.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I've a cousin called Elodie. It's nice... Very European.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I've a cousin called Elodie. It's nice... Very European.

Partner said no. In fact he's pretty much gone against every single girl's name I've come across beginning with the letter E.

On the 22nd of February, assuming baby cooperates, we're finding out the gender. If it is a boy, he automatically becomes Elliot. I'd like to at least have some provisional girls names for then :rolleyes:
    Time to try the "L"s...

I like Lacey, Lori, Lucy, and Luna. I did like Lily, but a friend who is due 5 weeks before me just announced her baby is a girl to be named Lily :o

Partner gave Lori the all clear!

• Advertisement

I've a Spanish friend called Elodie, love that name. She says it "Ell-uh-dee", another friend of mine pronounces it so oddly that I often don't know what she's saying because I just hear letters, she says "Ell.Oh.Dee", really defined, sounds like L.O.D. Drives me mad, she needs to say it faster or something!

Advertisement