Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat low carb in dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 instrumann

I also supplement my diet with psyllium husk capsules, cod liver oil, vitamin D, and calcium/magnesium supplements.
    I haven't looked as good since my mid twenties. I am now 43.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

instrumann wrote: »
    Corkcomp,
    Can you please get a dictionary and look up the difference between "loose" and "lose".
    For the past six weeks I have kept my carb content from food down to approximately 20-30g per day. I eat eggs, mushrooms, bacon, sausages and cheese in various combinations for breakfast. I eat meat and salads for lunch. I pile the plate so I have trouble finishing each meal. Evenings if I am hungry, which is not always, I eat cheese rolled in slices of ham and microwaved, olives, tomatoes, prawn in rosemary sauce.
    I still get carbs from beer. I haven't cut down my beer intake at all. I occasionally have a crunchie fun-size after dinner with a cup of tea.
    The weight is falling off me. I have lost more than 8kg and I don't even consider this trying. I don't have flatulence after meals. I have a lot of energy and find that I want to go to the gym rather than feeling I have to.
    Low carb is the way to go.
    THIS ^^^^^

While some wait for the 'science' for proof, others are getting results from what people have known for 150years.

- Wheat overall is a pretty bad idea

- Carbs from the likes of rice, potato, fruits, veggies etc - intake should be regulated or consumed based on your current body fat or level of leanness and current activity levels (no that pilates class wasnt THAT intense) with most of the carbs taken in the post workout window.

my recommendation would be ANYWHERE just look down the menu and look for veggies, a solid protein source and get what ever the feck you want now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

instrumann wrote: »
    Corkcomp,
    Can you please get a dictionary and look up the difference between "loose" and "lose".

Maybe he has learned the difference in the 5 years since he posted that.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

A Chicken Fajita in a bowl; ask for no rice with salsa, lettuce & cheese instead. Very few carbs & tasty as hell!

Loads of options in town; Tolteca, Boojum, Pablo Picante, Burrito n Blues, Little Ass Burrito, Tuco's...
    Most do great student deals btw

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Any places similar to Pitt Bros in Dublin?
    I go there for my meat fix- Getting a bit bored and want somewhere similar but different if you get me?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,561 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Bison Bar & BBQ

Aussie BBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

My Meat Wagon in Smithfield
    Just Wing It out in Tallaght

Staple Foods In the button factory in temple bar , Go for the salad instead of the roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Any places similar to Pitt Bros in Dublin?
    I go there for my meat fix- Getting a bit bored and want somewhere similar but different if you get me?!!

Smokin Bones on Dame St

Advertisement