Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband being incredibly slow.. why?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 RandomPerson13

Ok while i cant complain of slow speeds because im still getting over 10mb i could do with some help. I should be getting 24mb(trial) on eircom but the max speed i get is 12Mb when i check the DSL statistics on the router i get following results
    Line State- Up
    Modulation- ADSL2+
    Data Path - Fast
    ........................................Downstream Upstream
    Max Allowed Speed (kbps)............20474...... 1023
    SN Margin (dB)..........................10.70........8.80
    Line Attenuation (dB).....................3.80.......0.60
    CRC Errors......................................43..........15

I have the most up to date firmware on the 2247 (7.8.0r2) but i can still never get over the 12mb.
    at the moment a speed test will give me
    391408564.pngthis is wireless but its about the same cabled.

When i ring eircom about it the BB customercare transfer me to Business because of the 24mb and business wont deal with residential so im in a loop where i cant get help with.

Any help would be much appriciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

When i ring eircom about it the BB customercare transfer me to Business because of the 24mb and business wont deal with residential so im in a loop where i cant get help with.

Any help would be much appriciated
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

They done the exact same thing on me ,different connection speed though.
    If your account is business and listed as business when you log into eircom.net ,then use their 1890260260 number for broadband business.

Logging onto their site and viewing your account details is the best thing to do to find out ,I was caught a few times because they had me listed as business on the site ,when I was a residential customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Hi,

I'v had Sky for years, got Multi Room a few years ago, about 10 days ago I got Sky + and about 5 days ago my eircom boradband became really slow, thought it would only last a day or two, it didn't. So today I rang Eircom and they ran though the whole "turn off Router, on, in, out and shake it all about" I found out that it was the Sky was causing the problem.

With just the Router plugged into the Phone line the Router homepage was saying Speed U/D 3000/400(give or take), with Sky plugged in it was saying 550/350(give or take). Anyway the guy from Eircom said I would need a Sky Phone Line Fiter, just to ring them up and tell them and they would send one out.

Anyone else get a filter?? Or know where I could get one, not in the mood to ring Sky and stay on the line for an hour giving them details.

Thanks

Oh yeah, I'm on the 7mb Package with Eircom.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sevenie wrote: »
    Hi,

I'v had Sky for years, got Multi Room a few years ago, about 10 days ago I got Sky + and about 5 days ago my eircom boradband became really slow, thought it would only last a day or two, it didn't. So today I rang Eircom and
    Anyone else get a filter?? Or know where I could get one, not in the mood to ring Sky and stay on the line for an hour giving them details.

Thanks

Oh yeah, I'm on the 7mb Package with Eircom.

There is no such thing as a 'sky' filter - you need an ordinary dsl filter which should be available in any decent pc shop for between a fiver and a tenner.
    All telephones connected need a dsl filter so as to avoid interference with the bb.

dub45 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a 'sky' filter - you need an ordinary dsl filter which should be available in any decent pc shop for between a fiver and a tenner.
    All telephones connected need a dsl filter so as to avoid interference with the bb.

I got a filter from Eircom wit the Broadband, so if I were to put the sky and the broadband in that filter would it work?? I have that filter then plugged into another Normal double phone jack.

Or would I need a Filter that I can put, Phone, Sky and Broadband straight into the phone jack??

Thanks, I'v not a clue about this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

one is for low frequency signals ( AKA PHONE ANALOG )

and the other is for high speed signals ( AKA broadband )

So no it wont work properly IMO!

You should have gotten several splitters when you got your router , some are single port only and some have 2 ports

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

391816705.png

mine is fine

for now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Mine has been awful for months. Ridiculous.

nuxxx wrote: »
    one is for low frequency signals ( AKA PHONE ANALOG )

and the other is for high speed signals ( AKA broadband )

So no it wont work properly IMO!

You should have gotten several splitters when you got your router , some are single port only and some have 2 ports

Went to the shops tonight and got some splitters and it seems to be sorted...... for now. The Router Homepage is showing better numbers (3000/300 +/-)than I'v every had, I know that probably dont mean anything but its better than showing 500/300.

PS, just did a Speedtest.com and I'm getting back around 1750/250.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 fran)))

Anybody getting similar problems with high ping - or are you just suffering from slow down/up speeds?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

My ping as of recently has gone quite bad and I am wondering if anyone else in the East Cork area is suffering from similar problems? When playing Counter Strike: Source I used to get a ping of 40-50 but now I am getting 70+ and it sometimes spikes to the 100s. I have never had this problem before and I am just wondering is it just me.

412927123.png

Thanks,

Maddog

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,471 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hi everyone,

My ping as of recently has gone quite bad and I am wondering if anyone else in the East Cork area is suffering from similar problems? When playing Counter Strike: Source I used to get a ping of 40-50 but now I am getting 70+ and it sometimes spikes to the 100s. I have never had this problem before and I am just wondering is it just me.

412927123.png

Thanks,

Maddog

I am with BT, and since I got upgraded my ping went from 40-50 to 90-110 on a server I play regularly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭target assassin

God i feel like crying, it has been fine up until a few weeks ago!

from what i hear from all my neighbors they are having the same problem!

all the time! is there any point in complaining???? will the just give me the tos crap of availability!

i think i might change provider! can anyone recommend any good one for the north roscommon?

586792400.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You are stuck with eircom lines in north roscommon , if it affects all yeer neighbours I seem to recall an eirocm 'hq' in Boyle or Carrick so MARCH in there and demand an engineer comes out to talk to you ( not a linesman an engineer , suits and stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 briedis

My eircom line works OK
    597567794.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Been having loads of troubles with Eircom recently. My IP keeps failing so I'm left internet-less! Thinking of telling Eircom where to go and moving to UPC for their 20mb line...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ossi

thinking leaving eirscum as there now taking the piss and cutting out every five minutes these guys have been told off by EU and there laugh at them:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement