Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

nvus wrote: »
    great setup, and im sure its very quiet, which is nice, but its painful having to watch a vid to see the specs imo, especially seeing as how the vid is really just listing the specs.

pics + specs ftw.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I noticed the change in vid, but why didn't you just go back and edit the YouTube link? :confused::P

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Not putting up a pic cos the case is nothing to write home about.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

MSI G31TM-P21 Mobo

550W PSU

Pentium Dual Core E5300 @ 2.6ghz

2 x 2GB DDR2 RAM (400mhz)

Sapphire Radeon 1GB HD 5750

Western Digital 500GB Hard drive

Buffalo 500GB External USB HD

Acer 19" TFT LCD

22" LCD TV (connected via HDMI. also used for the PS3)

A humble system in some respects but a workhorse nonetheless. Plays Fallout New Vegas on Ultra High settings which is nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Am currently building a fully watercooled mountain mods rig which is taking more time then I planned thanks to watercooling issues and the evga sr2 board not behaving. Since I couldn't be without a PC for very long without cracking up I put together this nice midrange job. Had to add the additional fan to help keep those GTX's cool as the 600T isn't the best for hot gpu cooling.

Just built this weekend

dscn0637r.jpg

dscn0636x.jpg

Added 2nd SSD
    dscn0645r.jpg

Front shots
    dscn0649y.jpg

dscn0650a.jpg

Specs are :
    Corsair 600T
    Corsair AX1200 PSU
    i7 950 currently at stock
    12gb G.Skill Pi 1600mhz CAS6
    2 x EVGA SC+ GTX 480 + Backplate + High Airflow Bracket
    X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    2 x Crucial C300 256GB SSD
    2 x Samsung F4 2TB
    Sony OptiArc AD-7260S 24x DVDRW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Looks great, I haven't seen that case yet... Cable management and space looks great! Might look into getting one, any advice on it?

• Advertisement

It cools decently, better then the obsidian series but not as good as a silverstone ft02/rv02 or haf-x. It's mainly made from plastic and steel. Very good build quality but paint along edges of doors and case is easy to chip. Same with 800D. You get 2 hd bays that are both removable and can store 3 drives a piece. You can also install a HD bay into the space on front of the PSU. Couldn't do it with my setup as the power connectors for the motherboard and the psu cables got in the way slightly. If running GTX 480's you definitely need to remove the top HD bay. I also had to add an Akasa Viper fan. Luckily it screwed in on the bottom no problem and just had to use some zip ties for the top of the fan. There is a built in basic fan controller. I have the 2 stock 200mm fans hooked into that. The fans are quietish. WIll post another pic shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Beautiful job tidying up that 600T!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Semtax

Flaccus wrote: »
    Since I couldn't be without a PC for very long without cracking up I put together this nice midrange job.

Good god "mid range". That single sentence made my PC look like a pocket calculator ha.

Nice and tidy build i must say, you have me considering the 600T now.

What troubles are you having with the SR2?

Updated pics above.

Problems with SR2 are cold boot issues, 2nd boot issues if using virtualisation, and the annoying fact it officially only supports lower speed DDR3. The bios isn't co-operating with me either :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Wow, looking at some of these builds makes me think twice about actually trying to build a PC myself. Looks very daunting.

• Advertisement

Don't let Flaccus get to you, he's a lunacy booth pro ;):cool::p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Nonsense! On your first go, you'll be aiming more for functionality. It's very straightforward and it will still look better than a lot of prebuilts. When you're comfortable around your hardware and on later builds (and when you have more money), you can worry about beautifying your builds. A bit of cable management from the beginning is no harm and you can always grab a few LED fans for the extra colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Flaccus wrote: »
    Problems with SR2 are cold boot issues, 2nd boot issues if using virtualisation, and the annoying fact it officially only supports lower speed DDR3. The bios isn't co-operating with me either :-(

Serves you right for trying to get up to enthusiast malarkey with server-grade equipment. "Extreme OC dual-CPU mobo!!1!" is an oxymoron :pac:
    massy086 wrote: »

If it makes you feel any better that 980X ain't gonna live long on those volts. Not even 'fridged.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Serves you right for trying to get up to enthusiast malarkey with server-grade equipment. "Extreme OC dual-CPU mobo!!1!" is an oxymoron :pac:

If it makes you feel any better that 980X ain't gonna live long on those volts. Not even 'fridged.
    ah sur he can just buy another 1 what,s a 1000$ to a 14.000 build lol

massy086 wrote: »
    ah sur he can just buy another 1 what,s a 1000$ to a 14.000 build lol
    why does he have dual gtx 480 and a 460?

where can i get a SS Phase Change?

i guess it takes 14k to make a crysis killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

nut job much? 14,000 haha just made my pc cry a little :(

Mine is worth a bag of crisps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Mine is worth a bag of crisps :)
    Crisps > 14K. You can't eat 14 grand.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Crisps > 14K. You can't eat 14 grand.

Challenge accepted.

*Empties bank account*

• Advertisement

Actually chaps my custom watercooling build in progress is running at nearly 25,000 euro by the time I factor in the screens, desk, sounddampening in the room, and air filtering (I hate dust on my gear) :eek:

I figured just from the SR2 :p

"sounddampening in the room"

good god you like your music crisp and clear.

still though... NICE

I don't even know if I can afford the €725 I need to start my casemod, minus casemod materials and mouse! :o:o:o:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Flaccus by any chance are you that fella bulldozing the ATM's? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I've just noticed that Solitaire has no build in this thread..

Spill the beans :P

Believe me, you don't want to see it :p I never even got the front grill sorted :o:o

Next one will be a casemod bringing light to the gloomy halls of T&M though ;)

jordan-and-bill-gates.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Believe me, you don't want to see it :p I never even got the front grill sorted :o:o

Next one will be a casemod bringing light to the gloomy halls of T&M though ;)
    Specs at least :P

• Advertisement

Think I did put them up here before but here again is The Walk Of Shame :o:pac:

E5200 @ 3.33GHz (doesn't like 3.8GHz in summer! :o)
    4GB OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 @ 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 (don't see latency like that nowadays! :pac: )
    Sapphire HD4830 @ 650/1900MHz (was 680/1940 but dialed down)
    MSI Neo2 P35 mobo
    Samsung F1 320GB (primary)
    Samsung F3 1TB (storage, reserved for next build)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT 550W PSU (reserved for next build, OCZ SXS500 going back in once it leaves)
    Asus Vento (can't remember the model) Case - AARGGGHH!! HORRIBLE!! cringe.gif
    Windows XP Home :o
    19" 1280*1024 Fujitsu monitor :o:o

Next build will be

i5-760 @ 3.5 or 3.85GHz (whatever it seems happier on!)
    4GB of whatever PC3-10666 is cheapest and isn't OCZ :pac:
    Either GA-H55N-USB3 or H55-ITX-WiFi-N (mITX mobos!)
    Cheapie HD6850 with a mild OC
    Samsung F3 1TB (familiar? :p)
    Possible boot SSD (eventually...)
    Gigabyte ODIN GT... minus outer case :eek:
    The case... will be of my own little warped design ;)
    CPU/GPU (at least) on water (2*120mm w/2*Arctic 120mm fans, nothing too high-end)
    Windows 7 64bit
    And a decent 22" 1080p monitor!

Advertisement