Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

deceit wrote: »
    My new Ryzen setup to compare against my X99 rig
    Ryzen Rig:
    1800x
    8gb 3200Mhz ram (Will replace with 64GB once can confirm the 8gb works at 3200mhz or above with the cpu overclocked)
    Asus X370 Crosshair VI Hero
    EK waterblock

Nice which EK block is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Nice which EK block is that?
    Its the EK Supremacy Evo - AMD Block.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Built a new pc recently and upgraded a few things in the past few weeks.
    Spec: i7 6700k/Corsair H80i v2, Corsair RGB Silent keyboard, 512GB Samsung SSD, MSI GTX1080 OC, 16GB DDR4 paired to MSI Z170A PC Mate board, Soundblaster Z.
    Purchased a Dell G-Sync 27" which is awesome and the chassis is a Phanteks Evo Templered Glass (both sides). I just threw in the led strips and will set them up properly when I get time.
    I also treated myself to a noble chair. These really are a rock solid build and although expensive they are worth in. Steel frame with aluminium base and back rest can recline way way back.
    The joystick I have since 2005 when I picked it up for €40 in Dixons. Its a Microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2 and they were extremely expensive at launch,well over €150.Dixons obviously couldn't get anyone to buy the last two so had them on offer. 12 years later and its still going solid for me in Battlefield.

33894468026_afb6b45758_h.jpg
    33550458130_a99a4bcdba_h.jpg

33894468806_62a641ce65_h.jpg

How do you find the Noble: ?

How do you find the Noble: ?

Fantastic and well worth the money. I only got the fake leather one which was still only €349 or so but it's extremely well built as you expect from a German company and rock solid. I could fall asleep in it as you can recline it way back.
    It's very firm but I get used to it pretty fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I've a Noble too and would echo the above. Its top class.

superg wrote: »
    I've a Noble too and would echo the above. Its top class.

I got one for 220 pounds overclockers sent me the wrong chair :pac:
    It's also the brown leather elite :D:cool:

My wife to rcons I'm having an affair with the chair:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kids toys lads, pros use Herman Millers.

ED E wrote: »

No pros use DX racers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Herman Millers have a reputation from way back in the early 2000s, there's a lot of negative reviews out there for the Herman Millers these days. I'd love a Steelcase Leap but they are €950 new :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've been seriously considering a Vertagear Triiger myself. Racing seats just aren't that comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks nice but needs a head support I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

if you fast forward to around 3.50 mark you'll see the headrest. really like the look of them myself but having bought a noble last year she would kill me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

I put together a high end rig about 5 months ago. This is a photo after i finished the leak test. I have finished it and made a few changes since. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Skerries wrote: »
    looks nice but needs a head support I reckon

Definitely, my noble doubles as the chair for my Xbox as I can recline back and rest the old noggin

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

paddyman wrote: »
    I put together a high end rig about 5 months ago. This is a photo after i finished the leak test. I have finished it and made a few changes since. I'm really happy with how it turned out.
    Why so much water for one cpu and one gpu?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah that's definitely the most OTT water cooling setup I've seen. Still cool though.

Looks like a 480 and 560 rad, two reservoirs, and... I actually can't tell how many pumps.

Bit nuts for two components, but whatever floats your boat! :P

Upside is you could run the fans at 100rpm and still stay at 40*C.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Upside is you could run the fans at 100rpm and still stay at 40*C.

And then you hear the noise of the pump. Well unless it is a quiet one.

• Advertisement

It's almost certainly a D5, and if you're running with no fans (or as good as), those things aren't the quietest*. Certainly better than an AIO, but even decoupled, unless they're in a well insulated case you'll still hear them.

* Everything is relative. If you have any decent noise source other than the PC, you won't hear them, but if you're in a very quiet room with nothing else around, they do make noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭paddyman

Thanks guys. To be honest it was a novelty build with lots of form over function, i wasn't aiming for bang for buck like in every previous build i have done. I went with a CaseLabs case with pedestal containing 2 x 560 rads + 1 x 480 on top, dual loop, Bitspower, hard PETG tubing with through holes joining the lower and upper sections, 2 x 850ml reservoirs, M2 960 drive, led strips etc.

I used Thermaltake Riing fans which look really good but only 3 fans can connect per control box. The cable between fan and control box also cannot be extended which means there is control boxes scattered all over the case...

The middle layer with the pumps, dvd drive, fan controller etc is covered with a hard cover. I used soft tubing here as it cannot be seeing.

The reason for just 1 gfx card is the build is almost solely for running my sim racing rig with Oculus Rift. My racing sims cannot use more than 1. As soon as it useful i will add a 2nd gfx card.

I always wanted to do a high end build like this. Most of components should last multiple future builds. It was a lot of fun to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

tf1cGgn.jpg

zT6BQlF.jpg

vmtwOw4.jpg

My dad helped me cut a hole for a window mod on the Kublai KL06.
    Also pictured is the custom desk he made for me.

Hopefully it also shows off the cabling job.

The rounded corners are a nice touch. You don't see those much any more.

That chair looks comfy af. Is it comfy af?

Monitors fierce close, couldnt hack that at all personally.

You think that's bad? Try this!

(It's basically level with the spacebar)

ZcMTwDwh.jpg

Ahh you've got an excuse! (Maybe Ko does too tbf)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Serephucus wrote: »
    The rounded corners are a nice touch. You don't see those much any more.

That chair looks comfy af. Is it comfy af?
    I was thinking of cutting a Mass Effect N7 logo, but wasn't bothered once I realised how hard that would be :p
    The chair is a Dexter from Argos.
    It's pretty comfy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Monitors fierce close, couldnt hack that at all personally.

That was actually my first thought also! I always have to have a really deep desk, I go mad if the monitor is too close, and I also sprawl completely when playing games online- there's literally about 1.5m between my left and right elbow when I'm gaming.

Nice build though. Good airflow setup for a compact case too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My new chair arrived Thursday, got it built on Saturday evening. Incredibly comfortable, it's a Maxnomic from NeedforSeat.

My 4th new PC room in 5 years, although planning to stay here a fair bit longer. Happy enough with the setup, just need to tidy the room a bit.

One immediate regret is I put the PC on the left of the desk against the wall, and that is where the glass side is with the nice colours haha. Feeling massively not arsed moving it to the right at the moment :D

r03ImO8.jpg

Advertisement