Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Really tidy. How come the CPU cooler is side ways? Could it not be mounted logo up the correct way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I was waiting for someone to ask the question!

It definitely can be mounted with the writing the correct way and this was my plan originally but the pipes from the pump are pretty stiff and when I twisted it with the writing the correct way they were twisted in a way that put them under a good deal of stress so I agonised for about 30 minutes as to which way I'd go and then decided to put it this way and leave them closer to their "natural" shape - which I think they got in the box!

It also had the added benefit of having the pump power wire towards the top which meant it was closer to the correct socket on the board so made cable management easier. You can see the power wire coming out from beside the letter C in cooler master.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

I was waiting for someone to ask the question!

It definitely can be mounted with the writing the correct way and this was my plan originally but the pipes from the pump are pretty stiff and when I twisted it with the writing the correct way they were twisted in a way that put them under a good deal of stress so I agonised for about 30 minutes as to which way I'd go and then decided to put it this way and leave them closer to their "natural" shape - which I think they got in the box!

It also had the added benefit of having the pump power wire towards the top which meant it was closer to the correct socket on the board so made cable management easier. You can see the power wire coming out from beside the letter C in cooler master.

Yep, they can be a faf to mount, also i forced one before and it nearly snapped my motherboard cpu socket off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I had to do it too, its a shame but c'est la vie!

ko2HIy7m.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

ED E wrote: »

ko2HIy7m.jpg

It's a pity they don't make them so you could rotate the logo. That would wreck my head with it been sideways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My last PC was the same. In order to have the logo in the correct position, it required some force that I was somewhat afraid would put unnecessary pressure on what were pretty stiff tubes! Last thing you want is a leak in your PC for the sake of satisfying that build OCD....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

ED E wrote: »

ko2HIy7m.jpg

Buy good 4K HDR camera, take a picture of logo on the CPU cooler, print out the picture to correct scale of CPU cooler thats in your PC, using a scissors and some sticky back plastic cut logo from said picture and stick it the correct way up on the CPU cooler in your PC.

Simples :D

m0sBm1N.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

dual 1070's?

• Advertisement

Love the case. What model is it?

Is that LEDs I see on the RAM? Do they draw power directly from the RAM slot?

dual 1070's?

Jetstream 1080's. Not a big fan of SLI in general but I got them for 600 a piece on promo so I said why not - and Battlefield 1 is coming, they arrived after the beta but BF4 running at 4K ultra at 100-144fps. :)
    Love the case. What model is it?

Is that LEDs I see on the RAM? Do they draw power directly from the RAM slot?

Phanteks Pro M. Usually I change case every few months but this one is hands down my favourite, the perfect balance of features/cable management and gorgeous asthetics.

Yup, I have to say I wasn't even aware that LED ram was a thing, and I didn't actually realise they had LEDs until it I booted up the PC. I basically picked the kit because it was white, to go with the white shielding of the Z170A/cables/cpu cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tempted to do sli 1080 myself, hows the performance in your opinion?

Crap value for money overall if you're a broad game player, but if you're an AAA single title man like myself, it scales pretty well. I bought them with 1K hours of Battlefield 1 in mind, to be honest. And driver support is much better than Crossfire. My opinion - SLI, bad idea unless you've money to burn. Crossfire - bad idea, full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Really need to take some better photos but whatever. Finally added some bling LEDs so you can actually see inside the case now.

YU0Rb5j.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Really need to take some better photos but whatever. Finally added some bling LEDs so you can actually see inside the case now.

What case is that? Looks quality.

600C (like mine) I assume. #teamInvertedATX

I think the inverted style makes good sense for cooling. Was considering one for my setup until a brainwave made me realise that it would put my window against the wall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yup, Tis indeed the 600C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Not sure I buy into the inverted airflow...hot air rises and all that, especially if your running the fans slow. What are peoples thoughts on it in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not sure I buy into the inverted airflow...hot air rises and all that, especially if your running the fans slow. What are peoples thoughts on it in general?

Main benefit I found in my case is that the HDD cage can act as support for the GPU.

With his setup it has no real benefit. If you take a 120mm exhausting rad on top and blower style card then you have a case that keeps a very good internal temperature.

Also puts 1337 GPUs on better show through the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Siskods9

I picked up an ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q during the week.

Playing some Shadow Warrior 2 tonight :D

20161016_013213_zpsdbxxppda.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Finally transplanted from old case into my new S340.. no harm in a few photos!

Came from this old ugly cheap case from my original build in 2011
    http://i.imgur.com/Un30oqK.jpg?2

Disregard the cramped desk, waiting to relocate to a new roomier place...but it works for now.

i5 2500k, 12gb DDR3 2x2gb ripjaws, 2x4gb hyper x, Sapphire Nitro 4Gb RX480, hyper 212, dell u2412m

i like it.

FNDNDXQ.jpg?1
    2VE5lqo.jpg?1

http://imgur.com/a/MrMP3 - album link

next on the wishlist 29" ultrawide.

What type of CPU cooler is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

What type of CPU cooler is that?
    Hyper 212 Evo

a timeless cooler based on the amount of people who recommended it over the years.. tis huge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Hyper-RR-212E-16PK-R1-Heatpipe/dp/B0068OI7T8

Ah yes. I've seen it recommended many places but I've never seen one in person or directly from above.

It's bigger than I would have thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ah yes. I've seen it recommended many places but I've never seen one in person or directly from above.

It's bigger than I would have thought!!!

What that little thing!

That's not a cooler mate

installed2.jpg

This, is a cooler :)

It was the size of things like that inside my windowed case that pushed me to my Coolermaster Nepton!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Few updates, got a samsung 950 pro m.2 SSD which you cant see, picked up a 1tb SSD off adverts for my steam library. Got another 1080 and a HB SLI bridge. Picked up a 144mhz g-sync monitor off adverts good deal. Changed the H100i cooler to push pull. It encroaches on the case but the temperatures dropped significantly. Added a corsair HX1200i power supply. Its a beast. The other machine is a i3 machine I got on adverts for 150 euro, added a SSD and its a grand machine for watching youtube and netflix while I game work.

Advertisement