Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[MERGED] Your Main PC - Pictures, specs and discussion <IMAGE HEAVY>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Deleted, wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Yeah.. The old wireless keyboard and mouse. I'm not entering any csgo or the like though :)

Honestly it doesn't make any difference. I used a wireless keyboard for years and won plenty of lans & online cups playing UT2k4. It wasn't even a good wireless keyboard, it was one that was bundled with a medion PC from aldi - I just really liked it. Only reason I stopped using it is the membrane started to give way on a few of the keys after so much use.

People tend to shut up fairly quickly about "teh wireless lags" when you beat them using wireless peripherals xD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Honestly it doesn't make any difference. I used a wireless keyboard for years and won plenty of lans & online cups playing UT2k4. It wasn't even a good wireless keyboard, it was one that was bundled with a medion PC from aldi - I just really liked it. Only reason I stopped using it is the membrane started to give way on a few of the keys after so much use.

People tend to shut up fairly quickly about "teh wireless lags" when you beat them using wireless peripherals xD

I've been turned off wireless peripherals forever because I adopted too early and had my head ****ing wrecked for a couple of years with battery/charger/signal problems. I eventually said **** it, changed back to wired and haven't looked back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Where is everyone getting these (ambient) desklights I need these in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Where is everyone getting these (ambient) desklights I need these in my life.

Desklights? Maybe you mean led strips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Desklights? Maybe you mean led strips?

Is that all they are? Attached to the underside of the desk? ooops
    However, would love to know where you got them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Is that all they are? Attached to the underside of the desk?

Thinking about getting some too. Damn you pretty pictures.........

Is that all they are? Attached to the underside of the desk? ooops
    However, would love to know where you got them

got them here, quite cheap really, also had to get a power adapter though so i got this .

attached to the back of the desk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Could also do a variation of this and run the desk lights off the pc as well.
    https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18575513

That'll be my plan when I get around to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Lads weird question for ye.

Moved house and I'm suddenly down a desk for my pc. Last desk I was using wasn't mine to bring with so had to leave it there.

Any ideas where I could pick up a sturdy desk. Ideally it would be black but not a deal breaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Moved house and I'm suddenly down a desk for my pc. Last desk I was using wasn't mine to bring with so had to leave it there.

Any ideas where I could pick up a sturdy desk. Ideally it would be black but not a deal breaker.
    Ikea probably the best bet, I got mine there. Grand size desk as well

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Plenty second hand office furniture places on done deal where you could pick up a handy desk rather than going all the way up to Ikea. Cheaper as well.

As an example

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Shouldn't you have the double channel RAM in the same colour slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

sugarman wrote: »
    Threw this together this morning.

393138.jpg

393137.jpg

Had the guts of it lying around for months.. Z68 board, 2500k, SSD and HDDs.

Bought a cheap and cheerful Corsair 100r, Cooler master 650m PSU and 16gb Hyperx Fury RAM.

Plan is throw in an RX 480 or GTX 1060, I don't game all that much anymore and either will suit me for 1080p.

I also have a Cooler master Seidon 120v v2 to put in once I order some arctic silver, along with some decent case fans for top and side. Should easily see me to 4.5ghz with decent temps.

Very clean and tidy. Well done

I managed to go from this
    393620.jpg
    CXNzpsN1V2Zc0zaKDTuwD
    to this

393621.jpg
    393622.jpg

Can someone tell me how to deal with this :
    393623.jpg
    CXNzpsN
    There is just too much cables there, I see so many awesome builds, but the amount of cables is just overwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Redfox25

No one ever looks at the back side of the case, put the cover on and do some basic tidying up and you will be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Flamethrower? Flamethrower.

I find the handiest thing usually is to pull each cable as far as it'll go (without stressing it too much), starting with the longest one, and hook them into whatever tie-down points you can (ideally the ones towards the edges of the case) and move onto the shorter ones. If you try to do it in such a way that none of the big cables cross other ones, the panel usually closes fine.

Zip-ties are your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

twinsen wrote: »
    CXNzpsN1V2Zc0zaKDTuwD
    There is just too much cables there, I see so many awesome builds, but the amount of cables is just overwhelming.

V. nice build, those custom cables look the business.

Best way I find to sort cables is to strip all cables out you don't need-unused Molex' for example. I would also cut off any unused SATA/Molex power connectors, it really cuts down on clutter. Best to do this when powered down needless to say... Most modular PSU's come with two or so sets of leads, so if you add extra drives etc. you can use these.

Then start with the largest & longest cables first (24 pin, VGA power); start at the visible end and work the slack back into the back of the case and route them around as best as possible and fix them to the top and sides of the back of the motherboard tray with tie wraps or Velcro.

Then add your cables in one at a time, and try to follow other cables where possible to form a loom. Fit the case cover every so often to make sure the cables/loom are not preventing it from fitting & closing properly. Black SATA cables etc. are also less noticeable in a black case-looks tidier.

You look to have plenty of room at the back of your case, so that will make things easier. Velco wrap can be got for a few quid a roll and well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just put the PC on its side, squish the panel down and slide into place, job done. I've never bothered sorting cables at the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭thegreenbean

If you change the sleeved sata and molex cables back to the original one's that came with the psu it will dramatically reduce the clutter. The only cables on show are the 24pin, 8 pin CPU and the PCI-e. I'd start there. As a previous poster recommended also, don't cross the big cables over each other. Run them into the edges of the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is why I stopped getting windowed cases, I just couldn't be arsed sorting out the cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Update:

Got my monitor, Eizo FG2421 (120Hz/pseudo-240Hz) & mouse, Logitech G402

VSiElZKl.jpg
    cHxkmxBl.jpg?1
    vVqQmg5l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Delighted theres a few builds going up in the thread again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Update:

Got my monitor, Eizo FG2421 (120Hz/pseudo-240Hz) & mouse, Logitech G402

VSiElZKl.jpg

Love the chair, where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Love the chair, where did you get it?

Argos - Dexter chair

It might still be on-sale for lower than the website price.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Cleaned out my work PC; a job that was well overdue.

Now it looks presentable again :D

ZepwX5Nh.jpg

Gtlp1Peh.jpg

Rob2D wrote: »
    Cleaned out my work PC; a job that was well overdue.

Now it looks presentable again :D

ZepwX5Nh.jpg

Gtlp1Peh.jpg
    well, i see room for improvement :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Took a couple of photo's of my new 2 week old Gaming/VR rig for a post on another forum and thought I should post them here while I'm at it.

DlrjZRD.jpg

hX3ejBo.jpg

o9yGgQW.jpg

PC Components:

Corsair Air 540 Case (Orientated on its side)
    i7 6700K
    Corsair H110i GT AIO Cooler
    Asus Z170-A Mobo
    16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz DDR4
    Palit Super Jetstream GTX1080
    Corsair RM750X PSU
    500GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD
    2x 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM HDD's
    6x 120mm Thermaltake RGB Riing Fans
    5x 140mm Thermaltake RGB Riing Fans

Peripherals:

LG 34UC98 34" 21:9 Curved Ultrawide 60HZ Monitor
    Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Silent MX Keyboard
    Corsair M65 Pro Mouse
    Corsair Void Wireless Headset.
    Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS
    Logitech G920 Wheel and Pedal Set
    Oculus Rift CV1
    Dell V525w AIO Inkjet Printer ;)
    11 Year Old Creative i-Trigue 2.1 PC speakers ;)

oh very nice, question, how did you set the hotas setup on to the arm rests of the chair? i have the exact same x51 and would love to do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

oh very nice, question, how did you set the hotas setup on to the arm rests of the chair? i have the exact same x51 and would love to do that

Used these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0090EYJFE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounted like this:

nrMNqZS.jpg

Industrial Velcro to hold the HOTAS to the brackets.
    It works.
    In my case however I'm finding their current position not ideal ergonomically. Certainly better than with them mounted on a desk with your arms stretched out in front of you and unsupported but still not ideal. Only my elbows are supported on the arm rests tucked close to the chest/belly and the arms splayed outwards a bit. Starts to sting the outside of the upper arms after a while. I'll be making little 'shelves' for the HOTAS that will bolt to the re-orientated Vesa plates. This will allow me to have the HOTAS a few inches further forwards and inline with the arm rests and thus my arms will be fully supported by the armrest and not stretched compressed or splayed in any way.

IjiOlSL.jpg

Advertisement