Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Short Vs Being Tall

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

galah wrote: »
    But I'm a girl!!!! (and 5'11" - so any trousers shorter than 36 inch look stupid...)

:confused:

You must wear REALLY baggy trousers! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Tall = teh sex0r.

No seriously, Vince Vaughn would be ideal in height/ build for me (before he got riddled with flabitis). My boyf is 5' 11 and that's a grand height.

Then again, I'm only 5' 1 so really everyone is taller than me.. :D

he is 6ft 5, barefoot that would be one big height difference :)

actually reminds me of the 5'6 woman who married the 7'9 dude http://www.happynews.com/showImage.aspx?fn=3282007/world-tallest-man-marries.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

6'2" here... pain in the hole too.. some stair wells are not made for tall people
    old houses with 6' door frames :(
    caravans, mini's and basically all small cars including sporty type cars that are low to the road ( i just dont fit in them):(

the only advantage is i can shout across the smaller people in a crowd at the bar and get served from behind 3 people :D:D (i'm a cheeky bugger too)

and i dont need step ladders to get stuff from the top shelf :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

6'2" here... pain in the hole too.. some stair wells are not made for tall people

yeah what the hell is it with all the short front doors on Prospect Hill, some of them are like 5'10 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I'm not *that* short, but I am smaller than most of my friends :(. lol. I'm around 5'3", and they're all around 5'7"- going to the cinema is a pain :P. It doesn't help that I'm cursed :P- no matter where I sit, the tallest person in the cinema/theatre/concert will ALWAYS stand in front of me. I don't like having to look up to people all the time either. Still, I think being too tall would definitely be worse- especially if you're shy. Small people can get a lot of sympathy easily :P.

xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I'm 6'4" as I mentioned earlier, but I actually find smaller women to be attractive, for some reason. I don't think being small is a big disadvantage for a girl, at least in the attraction stakes anyway! Sure look at Kylie!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

caravans, mini's and basically all small cars including sporty type cars that are low to the road ( i just dont fit in them):(

the only advantage is i can shout across the smaller people in a crowd at the bar and get served from behind 3 people :D:D (i'm a cheeky bugger too)

and i dont need step ladders to get stuff from the top shelf :D:D:D

I'm 6'3" and I'd agree with all that.

Going shopping for clothes is a right old pain too. Even using mirrors or taps, they are always too low. And cooking in the kitchen isn't as comfortable for tall people because we do have to bend over just to use a chopping board or counter top. Using public transport can be horrible too.

The car thing you mentioned above is really true. I'd love to own a little sports car but I'd never fit or be comfortable in one. I also hate when people say "just push the seat back" but they don't realise that the steering wheel and gear stick don't come back with the seat. So stretching for steering wheels or gear sticks isn't very comfortable.

But I'm a girl!!!! (and 5'11" - so any trousers shorter than 36 inch look stupid...)

Ohh! Whoops....:o

Ladies trousers are ridiculously long, because most people wear heels.
    I have a couple of friends with a 36" inseam and they don't seem to have a problem getting trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Using public transport can be horrible too.

On the bus, I use the seat next to the fire escape. Extra leg room!

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Blisterman wrote: »
    Well, I'm 6'2'', and I know all you short people think "Oh, tall people have it easy" , but that's not the case.
    Sure, women prefer us, we always get a good view at concerts, and our presence commands a certain respect, but there's many many downsides.

I like the way you think you can speak on behalf of tall people.

(6'5" in my case, and even then I know one or two people who can beat me)

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

I like being freakishly tall. For some reason, people seem to equate it with being interesting. Strangers are always coming straight up to me at house parties and going "jesus, you're tall!" like I'm on stilts for a wacky jape or something.
    Also, leaning down really slowly to stare at people freaks them out bigtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

im small - like 5ft2 and constantly get slagged for it.

but i like being small :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Disco Stu wrote: »
    Share it then... I may be a cunning linguist but my German isn't that good...!

Stadtgeblasen (Stadt-geh-blazen)

I'm sure I spelt it wrong, but anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

problem with being on the small side is that ya cant carry as much weight so 9 stone on a 5 foot 5 looks ok, on a 5 foot 3ish looks big,,, some one stretch my legs by an inch or two please and ill be happy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭newbie123

is 5,7/5,8 small? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Stadtgeblasen (Stadt-geh-blazen)

I'm sure I spelt it wrong, but anyway...

You mean "Standgebläse"? ("upright blowing device" for lack of a better translation) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Disco Stu

You mean "Standgebläse"? ("upright blowing device" for lack of a better translation) :D

Haha sounds like the perfect description for what i was implying ;)

I stand corrected.....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I stand corrected.....

Orthopaedic shoes ftw

I'm 5'11"

No man's land.

Phlann wrote: »
    Orthopaedic shoes ftw

I'm 5'11"

No man's land.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Women who are tall sometimes feel hard done by because they feel they can't wear heels and are limited when it comes to men.

Women who are small sometimes feel hard done by because they feel they have to wear heels all the time or they'll disappear, and because they get a lot of irritating jokes about their favourite sweets being midget gems.

Men who are tall sometimes feel hard done by for reasons like what the OP already mentioned.

Men who are small (slash average, i.e. 5' 7" or so, not meaning to offend) sometimes feel hard done by because women always wear heels out and often (I'm told) look for taller men (hmm...).

My point being, and apologies if it was already made, as I didn't read all 12 pages, but every height comes with insecurities of some form. Make the most of what you were given!

That being said, most of my male friends, regardless of actual height, seem to get their own height wrong. I know loads of guys of about 5'7" or 5'8" who are convinced, genuinely, that they are at least 2 inches taller than they are in fact. Also, I know a guy who is 6'1" or so and is convinced he's 6'4". I mean thats just crazy!!:rolleyes::D

EDIT: Moonbaby and others beat me to it - they know what I'm talking about!

dee8839 wrote: »

That being said, most of my male friends, regardless of actual height, seem to get their own height wrong. I know loads of guys of about 5'7" or 5'8" who are convinced, genuinely, that they are at least 2 inches taller than they are in fact. Also, I know a guy who is 6'1" or so and is convinced he's 6'4". I mean thats just crazy!!:rolleyes::D

EDIT: Moonbaby and others beat me to it - they know what I'm talking about!

I agree but how much do you weigh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Women who are tall sometimes feel hard done by because they feel they can't wear heels and are limited when it comes to men.
    no!more tall women need to wear heels!instantly increases hotness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Moonbaby wrote: »

Is there a joke in there I'm too slow to get?:confused::P

I'm proud to say I haven't a clue!

And you Moonbaby?

no!more tall women need to wear heels!instantly increases hotness.

So true. I'm 5'9" and after years of a 5'8" boyfriend cramping my style I'm heeled up and proud of it! It does get annoying when you meet a hot guy and find you're 4 inches taller than him and that bothers him though!

Are many guys out there intimidated by taller women or does it make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

short guys are intimidated by everyone.tbh i've only met two or three women that were taller than me(ie six foot or more amazonians)but it didn't bother me,they were hawt as feck.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

Are many guys out there intimidated by taller women or does it make a difference?

I've never been with a girl that was taller than me. Now that I think about it I'd struggle to think of a time when I was even attracted to a girl that was taller than me!

It's weird, I just don't look at them as potential scoring candidates. I think it looks odd when the girl is taller than the guy.

I've never really given any thought to my height, 5'11" is a fairly comfortable place to be, but it probably would make me feel a bit self-conscious if I was seeing a six footer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

short guys are intimidated by everyone.tbh i've only met two or three women that were taller than me(ie six foot or more amazonians)but it didn't bother me,they were hawt as feck.

Actually, I think the reverse is true. Small guys are less likely to be intimidated by taller girls. Why? Because we're used to everyone being taller than us! We just plum don't give a fuck.

Taller guys take pride in their height or something which is why them seem to have a problem with taller girls and also seems to explain the "I'm 6' 4"!" when they're actually 6' 1" phenomenon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Moonbaby wrote: »

Weight can vary a bit throughout the day, I've yet to see anyone shrink by 2 inches in the space of a day.:P

Is there a joke in there I'm too slow to get?:confused::P

I'm proud to say I haven't a clue!

And you Moonbaby?

So true. I'm 5'9" and after years of a 5'8" boyfriend cramping my style I'm heeled up and proud of it! It does get annoying when you meet a hot guy and find you're 4 inches taller than him and that bothers him though!

I'd only stuff you with lies but I suppose at least I know I'm lying.

Try meet men sitting down and win them over with your sweet disposition. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement