Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being Short Vs Being Tall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Maximilian wrote: »
    I'm 6'4" also. Airplanes are a problem but I'd hate to be a short person. I have it on good authority that they have no reason to live.

Yes, i heard that too.

Must be true.

Poor little peoples.

*facepalms a midget*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Why?

Pretty much everything as a complaint in the OP can be reversed for small people e.g. finding it hard to find clothes that fit etc. and being tall comes with plenty of advantages too.

Fitting into aeroplane seats,small cars, wardrobes, games of hide and seek, etc. Plus, it's easier to adjust clothes that are too big rather than the other way around.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

snyper wrote: »
    *facepalms a midget*

If only you would leave it at that and nothing more. Poor little midgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

A_M101 wrote: »
    Hmm, as a 5'11" female I would happily give away 3".

Can't count the number of times lads have said "Jaysus, you're tall!" before they realise I'm even wearing flat shoes!

Anyway, it's 5 o'clock, I'm off to do some jeans shopping in the Topshop Tall section with the other freaks!

:eek::eek: I'm 5 11 too:eek::eek: And I'm horrified that you're not enjoying your tallness! I like being tall, its nice to stand out from the crowd, most guys seem to like it, and you look really striking in heels. And in flats I'm generally considered not that tall.:)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Short people, there is help at hand. Here and here also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

193cm (6'4) person here. Never has there been a more accurate OP in boards' existence..

Flying Heathrow to Cape Town in an SAA 747 downstairs thanks to the travel agent's incompetencies is a 14 hour nightmare short people don't want to know about.:(

One woman was actually lying in wait for some poor, unsuspecting, innocent tall person to come along in a shop in Bray to reach for stuff.

snyper, you're 6'4"? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Hundreds of years ago people were small, If you were to go back in time, People would think you were a giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

dfx- wrote: »
    193cm (6'4) person here.

Ive seen u.

The last time u were 6'4 is when u squatted to take a shoite.

You are well over 6'4

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Also affects sleeping conditions... I slept in a tent recently and i had to unzip the 'doorway' to leave my legs out... :)
    6'3".....

HAHA this happened me a few weeks ago aswell. It rained during the night and my feet were all wet when I woke up.

6'4''

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

snyper wrote: »
    The last time u were 6'4 is when u squatted to take a shoite.

You are well over 6'4

:D

Back on my heels with no shoes..I'm 6'4. Though you're not the only person to have said that. :confused:

Another thing..I cannot tell the difference in height below 6'..it all blurs into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Good thread, well i'm 6ft4 and i like being tall. Laugh when i'm out in the pub and people ask you all stupid questions. Do you play basketball? How tall are you? Ah we all know the questions i'm on about. Its a real pain in the arse trying to get clothes that fits me, or jeans/trousers that ard long enough and as someone said earlier its great at concerts, you have the best view, like i will at ****** this weekend, But can get annoying when people ask can i get up on your shoulders, well unless she's a stunner ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

WindSock wrote: »
    Fitting into aeroplane seats,small cars, wardrobes, games of hide and seek, etc. Plus, it's easier to adjust clothes that are too big rather than the other way around.

Would trade the small, temporary discomfort of seats for being more attractive to women. Pretty sure they dropped hide and seek from this year's quality of life survey too.

But let's face it. This world is designed for average heigth people. Instead of bickering amongst ourselves we should form an alliance. The tall ones pretend to befriend the norms whilst the small ones crouch behind them then, WHAMMO! Don't see you smiling know Mr. Average pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Almost 6'7" here. Life is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭goodburger

I'm 4' 11", and would kill for an extra 5 or 6 inches in height, at my age now i'm pretty ok with being small, i find heels are a blessing. But man trying to buy clothes off the peg to fit are a bitch. While i am short i am not dwarfish looking, before anyone thinks so. growing up I hated being small, and I remember in a job once, I had a go at someone for being out of order and they actually said that they didnt think i would have stood up for myself because i was so short, like ffs, i got that a lot. anyway i'd much prefer to be taller anyday, you lucky sods who are tall!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Tall guys tend to get laid more than short guys, short guys tend to be dictators whom history frowns upon more than tall guys, tall guys got it good!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Tall guys tend to get laid more than short guys, short guys tend to be dictators whom history frowns upon more than tall guys, tall guys got it good!

So why didn't a tall guy sort Napolean out before he went on a rampage across Europe? Why didn't one of them pick him up and slap his arse?
    :confused:

Shorter women get picked up physically by drunken/angry/idiotic people.
    Thats not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

im a 5'11 girl, hate it, feel too self-concious to wear heels :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It must get awful lonely up there for tall people. Plus they die younger or soemthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Thats not good.

Isn't that a sport in Australia?

• Advertisement

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Isn't that a sport in Australia?

No really....It has even happened to me and I'm robustly built.
    Just the once though and clearly that man was on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm 5'8", so I can reach stuff on the high shelves and can also stand up on busses.
    All is good.

Tall people suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Terry wrote: »
    I'm 5'8", so I can reach stuff on the high shelves and can also stand up on busses.
    All is good.

Tall people suck.

Whats standing up on the bus got to do with your height?:confused:

All is good.

Tall people suck.

oohh In my imagination your pocket sized. :-|

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Thats not good.

So true, Im 4' 11" and have been thrown into skips, bins, shopping trollies, bushes, cardboard boxes, suitcases, kitchen cabinets... drunks love small people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

women prefer us

Jahsus man, you's have it all so...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

akamossy wrote: »
    Whats standing up on the bus got to do with your height?:confused:

I think he means that he can, as a shorty, stand upright on a bus without getting a sore neck, back or head. Tall people have to bow their head for the duration of a journey or back, or end up getting a knock on the noggin when going over a bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Terry wrote:
    All is good.

Amen!

I'm around 5'9".
    Not too tall, not too small. I'm just right! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭raemie21

Female & 5"10

Adv-
    Less head-straining at gigs.
    Also easier to see people in a pub/room etc.
    Zara trousers fit better.
    I was able to go on rollercoasters before my older sister.

Dis-
    Men are definitely getting smaller & with heels, often the tallest person in the place...
    On Saturday, a barman told me I should go shoot some hoops.
    Some other guy randomly shouts on Grafton St. that I "shouldn't be that tall" as he passes. Yeah.
    Sometimes my feet don't stay under the duvet :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

All is good.

Tall people suck.

snap.. I think!

Advertisement