Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

connie147 wrote: »
    Hi Ollie,
    Having never dealt with a tourney with these amount of numbers before, I've really no idea how mental it's gonna be..

But as boards has been a vehicle that we used to promote this tournament, I'll only be too happy to oblige my fellow boards members and collect and hold the funds for the boards last longest at our fesival ME.
    Most boardies should know me by now, and if they didnt meet me before, there definately gonna meet me this week.
    So I'll be there, notebook in pocket.

Just 2 questions:
    1)-I presume, regardless of excuse, only those paid up prior to start if tourney are eligible?
    2)-I also presume this last longest is between members of boards.ie poker forum only? Or can other people enter it ie: a boardie approaches me with his last longest entry fee and one of his friends wants in as well?

Hope that helps

Connie

Hi Connie

Are you sure you want to do this? I was only tongue in cheek about it as I know you'll be up to your eyes with this event.

Questions above:

1. paid before starting
    2. boards only.

If you don't want to do it Connie just say so and I'm sure we'll find someone willing.

Thanks,

Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hi guys , if any 1 is thinking of flying down to this now is the time to book it . I have just got booked for 4 people for €282 , the last couple of weeks it was always coming back at over 600, so get booked now if ya want to fly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Ollieboy wrote: »
    Hi Connie

Are you sure you want to do this? I was only tongue in cheek about it as I know you'll be up to your eyes with this event.

Questions above:

1. paid before starting
    2. boards only.

If you don't want to do it Connie just say so and I'm sure we'll find someone willing.

Thanks,

Ollie

No Problem Ollie. Its the least I can do in return for the tremendous support we get from the boards community.

Ok. I'll be accepting moneys in the venue from the Thursday on. We'll get a list up on the wall once the tourney starts.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭winstons pt

connie147 wrote: »
    No Problem Ollie. Its the least I can do in return for the tremendous support we get from the boards community.

Ok. I'll be accepting moneys in the venue from the Thursday on. We'll get a list up on the wall once the tourney starts.

Connie

Yep, im in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

:eek::eek:
    U cannot register Online if u click that option it will say Invitational only.

Ladbrokes have a waiting list now for players .

irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com

Main Event is now Full

Please note Registration for the alternates list will be at the Venue.

Regards

Neill

So last chance to win an online package is this coming Monday.........
    Ah well shall try again..sloblocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭vikarama

eoin-dubh wrote: »
    Wish I was going there........send me a postcard.:(

SILLY SAUSAGE:confused:AND U WON PACKAGE FOR€5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

I WILL PROBABLY DRIVE DOWN ON THURSDAY AFTERNOON, EARLY

ANYONE WANTING A LIFT, PM ME

DEREK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Pm sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I also will be heading down from the roscommon direction early Friday so PM me if anyone wants a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

we may have one extra person in Limerick requiring a lift if anyone is passing.

• Advertisement

jbravado wrote: »
    Pm sent.

back to you, just now, have a read and pm again, leave your contact details please or i will be driving up and down the road to killarney searching for a guy with a deck of cards in his hand

zuroph wrote: »
    we may have one extra person in Limerick requiring a lift if anyone is passing.

ok, i could slow down for while when passing through but i wont be stopping, i dont own a stab vest, yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Am thinking of taking the 11am train down from Dublin; can't face to drive all that way and play immediately after - is it easy to get to the INEC from the train station? Spent the 1st five years of my life in Killarney, but haven't been there in yonks and can't remember the town at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

taxi, its a long walk. or pony and trap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

Hi all!

I was in the beliave that i had a reservation at the Brehons but today when shiping my card details sudenly one of the days where not available.

Any suggestions?

Is the event in "city area", (trying to find another hotel :-( )

anna

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

C4Queen wrote: »
    Hi all!

I was in the beliave that i had a reservation at the Brehons but today when shiping my card details sudenly one of the days where not available.

Any suggestions?

Is the event in "city area", (trying to find another hotel :-( )

anna

I'd say you'll have no problem getting a bed, sleep might be another matter :D

Anna just Google Killarney for hotels & B&B's, there are more in this town per square mile than any other town in Ireland. Just check the distance from the Glen Eagles Hotel.

Killarney is a town not a city & everything is fairly close by & the glen Eagles is about 0.5 / 1.0 miles from town centre

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭fl&sh

the killarney oaks and the riverside hotels are only about 100m from the gleneagle.any other hotel on the muckross road will be within a mile of the venue and taxis will be about 6-8euro from anywhere in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

zuroph wrote: »
    taxi, its a long walk. or pony and trap :)

Its less than a 15 minute walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Killarney court to the glen eagles....how far?

CLAMPER TOLD ME IT WAS A HOLE... IS IT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭adzer86

Anybody looking to find how far their hotel is from the gleneagle should just goole map it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Killarney court to the glen eagles....how far?

CLAMPER TOLD ME IT WAS A HOLE... IS IT?

Most of the hotels are pretty close to the glen (Killarney is not that big).
    But Killarney Court is a bit away, dont think u will be walking, its about a fiver in a taxi. Another hotel which i would recomend is the Drumhall its a 5 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

how much is the killarney court per night?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Punter Bren

How many runners is this getting now is it capped at 750 or did they increase it again ?

Sparks43 wrote: »

138 for two nights....or two hands in the 1-2-5-etcetc straddle game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

looking forward to seeing you there, bring loads of cash for the side action

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

looking forward to seeing you there, bring loads of cash for the side action

im in the gleneagle for the friday and the saturday only looking for a place on the thursday andn ill prob room in with another laddies qualifier

handy when you satalite in for $16:D

im looking foward to the side action as well lots of backgammon chess and a little bit of stud and 2-7 lowball for good measure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

double/twin rooms at the killarney court and riverside are 89 per room from fri and saturday and 69 for Sunday..

availability is getting scarce though so need to be quick... We also have an excellent B&B on our system in Killarney with double/twin and triple rooms which might suit some..

anyone with probs with availability just PM me and I'll do my best to help out

Macspower wrote: »
    double/twin rooms at the killarney court and riverside are 89 per room from fri and saturday and 69 for Sunday..

availability is getting scarce though so need to be quick... We also have an excellent B&B on our system in Killarney with double/twin and triple rooms which might suit some..

anyone with probs with availability just PM me and I'll do my best to help out

Killarney COurt.

Guestname Room type Double/Twin Room – for 1 person Arrival2008-10-03Departure2008-10-05

Date 03/10 04/10 Price (€) 69 69
    Total cost of this room: € 138

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Killarney COurt.

Guestname Room type Double/Twin Room – for 1 person Arrival2008-10-03Departure2008-10-05

Date 03/10 04/10 Price (€) 69 69
    Total cost of this room: € 138

wow willie you've done well.... must have got in early... their own website is now closed for bookings for the fri night and they have saturday up to 99....
    They havn't upped us to 99 as yet for the saturday but I'm sure they will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

Whats the story with betting for this?

Advertisement