Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

CMN08 wrote: »
    if anyone is interested in buying a ticket PM me. cheers.
    I think you should make people aware that you are not selling a ticket and that you are having an auction for a ticket. Its always good to see the vultures waiting in the shadows to take advantage of genuine poker players for their own personal gain.
    i really hope your left with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

DAMO72 wrote: »
    I think you should make people aware that you are not selling a ticket and that you are having an auction for a ticket. Its always good to see the vultures waiting in the shadows to take advantage of genuine poker players for their own personal gain.
    i really hope your left with it
    what? did he not say he'd take 500? or did "someone" ruin it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭pokerkingsni

I think on the other thread it says "i'd be happy with 500+".

This is possibly what Damo is referring to.

"I will be selling the ticket for 500 euro. If anyone is interested get in touch. Cheers"

"im quite happy with 500+ for the ticket."

This must be the confusing bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I think on the other thread it says "i'd be happy with 500+".

This is possibly what Damo is referring to.

"I will be selling the ticket for 500 euro. If anyone is interested get in touch. Cheers"

"im quite happy with 500+ for the ticket."

This must be the confusing bit.
    Nothing confusing about it . I recieved a pm from the seller to say that it was up to €625 and he would be taking offers until monday . Confusing , i think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Nothing confusing about it . I recieved a pm from the seller to say that it was up to €625 and he would be taking offers until monday . Confusing , i think not.

Damo let me know who the seat is being sold by it will be released by me and money sent back to the person . I do not mind seats been changed but that will not happen seats must be sold for Face value only.

Regards

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

Anyone wants to sell a ticket PM me.
    TimF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

well i am not selling or buying tickets

i just want to know where i can see a set of rules for this event

i am mainly interested to know what is the lower age limit and if its allowed to wear a mask?

derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭thepokerroom

well guys got my ticket 6 of us will be on the 11 0 clock train carriage c for a friendly game of snap if anyone is interested. its going to be a great week-end of poker and craic.

well done neill and connie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Is there going to be alternates Neill?

Eoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Eoin.

Hey Eoin,

As far as i know there will be alternatives for this. Not sure if you can reg in advance for the alternates list, my guess is you'll have to turn up early next Friday.

• Advertisement

Official Release.

Please Note the Main event has reached 730 players paid up in Full, with 20 seats held back for the super sat That is the cap of 750 Players reached . If it becomes possible that we can cater for 800 ,Please contact Joanna on irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com , She is compiling the waiting list for players on Ladbrokes Online and if these seats are available she will be in Contact .Please note that players must have a Ladbrokes account to join the waiting list

Neill Kelly

Eoin.
    as above.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'd just like to thank Neil for going well out of his way to help me get regged for this. Really appreciate it.

And congrats on getting that field size locked up. Amazing achievement - I'm sure it will be an amazing tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'd just like to thank Neil for going well out of his way to help me get regged for this. Really appreciate it.

And congrats on getting that field size locked up. Amazing achievement - I'm sure it will be an amazing tournament.

Lloyd,

Do you want to do a last longest for this and the IPO? If its 1 each, we call it quits but it either of us outlast the other one in both tournies then we pay up?

How about the loser has to fork out for 5 beers, a kebab and taxi fare home from town some night before the christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

how about you and Lloyd sharing a taxi to killarney?

babymaker6 wrote: »
    how about you and Lloyd sharing a taxi to killarney?

How about you worry about getting yourself to Killarney and not worrying about me! I'm thinking of flying down anyways. Depends whether i can get off work on the Thursday to play the satellite or not. If i can, i'll just get the train down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Lloyd,

Do you want to do a last longest for this and the IPO? If its 1 each, we call it quits but it either of us outlast the other one in both tournies then we pay up?

How about the loser has to fork out for 5 beers, a kebab and taxi fare home from town some night before the christmas?

how about doing a thread for each event, say €50 per a man...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Have you no work to do Ollie ?
    I'd be on for a last longest but for the 50 Euro cash . The night out thing looks like 3 is a crowd sort of thing , babymaker may have hit upon a sore point judging by Tonys reply...... Beer and Kebabs Tony? what about your lovely new figure.?

Last longest anyone? (for cash not Kebabs)

Ollieboy wrote: »
    how about doing a thread for each event, say €50 per a man...

I'd be up for that, if someone is willing to do the organising and collecting the money. I've done this before and its not worth the hassle tbh!
    YULETIRED wrote: »
    Have you no work to do Ollie ?
    I'd be on for a last longest but for the 50 Euro cash . The night out thing looks like 3 is a crowd sort of thing , babymaker may have hit upon a sore point judging by Tonys reply...... Beer and Kebabs Tony? what about your lovely new figure.?

Last longest anyone? (for cash not Kebabs)

Lloyd always gives a good challenge in a last longest bet! Nah Willie 3 isnt a crowd lol! Fergus just hates being left out of anything! I'm hoping to organise a beers night out for a few boardsies before the Christmas and i'm sure Lloyd would be up for it so it will be a free night for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I'd be up for that, if someone is willing to do the organising and collecting the money. I've done this before and its not worth the hassle tbh!

I agree, the hassle is not worth it.

Connie or Neil, would you be able to arrange this on the day and get the money collect from the players on the starting day?

We could set-up a thread of who's interest and than just collect the money on day 1 as the event starts or a reg desks if not too much hassle?

Cheeky to ask!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Connie or Neil, would you be able to arrange this on the day and get the money collect from the players on the starting day?

We could set-up a thread of who's interest and than just collect the money on day 1 as the event starts or a reg desks if not too much hassle?

Cheeky to ask!!

lol Ollie,
    far to Cheeky,
    Neil will be shining up his Microphone, while Connie will be strolling around with a big cheesy grin on his face.

In fairness though it would be way too much hassle, they are going to up to their neck

• Advertisement

reg desk has 750 players to check in, im sure they'll be too busy! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Cheeky to ask!!

reakon they will be 2 busy explaining to all the people who never heard of boards arriving on the day with 550 in their hands wondering where they can sign up to to play the ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,237 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lloyd,

Ok deal. Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

Got on to laddies to stick my name on a list incase they increase the 750 cap, i am nr 5 but, joanna who is dealing with this, said it is looking unlikely that it will be increased any more than the 750:mad:
    So if any one is iterested in selling a ticket please pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭eoin-dubh

Just buy in direct online....reg not closed until tues nite......

last package sat on Monday.........

online reg closes 4am Tuesday morning........have fun

eoin-dubh wrote: »
    online reg closes 4am Tuesday morning........have fun

U cannot register Online if u click that option it will say Invitational only.

Ladbrokes have a waiting list now for players .

irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com

Main Event is now Full

Please note Registration for the alternates list will be at the Venue.

Regards

Neill

Please Note the MAIN EVENT IS NOW FULL and has 760 players fully paid up with Ladrokes to add a few to this.

We are getting alot of phone calls for seats but im afraid neither Connie or Myself will be able to help from this Point . We have refused over 100 entries for the main event in the last two days.

Please note that there will be an alternates list in operation at the event, This will open on the Friday 2nd october prior to the start of the main event.I will announce what time registration will open for the Alternates list in the coming days. We will try get as many players into the event as possible at the event all dependent on how many get knocked out.Alternates will run for the first 3 levels with players not incurring a chip penalty

Sorry to all who missed out on this event. We still have the two side events on the Saturday and Sunday. Registration will open for these events at the venue on the Saturday and the Sunday of the event, We are not taking registration for side events prior to the event.

Regards

Neill K
    Connie S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Cheeky to ask!!

Hi Ollie,
    Having never dealt with a tourney with these amount of numbers before, I've really no idea how mental it's gonna be..

But as boards has been a vehicle that we used to promote this tournament, I'll only be too happy to oblige my fellow boards members and collect and hold the funds for the boards last longest at our fesival ME.
    Most boardies should know me by now, and if they didnt meet me before, there definately gonna meet me this week.
    So I'll be there, notebook in pocket.

Just 2 questions:
    1)-I presume, regardless of excuse, only those paid up prior to start if tourney are eligible?
    2)-I also presume this last longest is between members of boards.ie poker forum only? Or can other people enter it ie: a boardie approaches me with his last longest entry fee and one of his friends wants in as well?

Hope that helps

Connie

• Advertisement

Wish I was going there........send me a postcard.:(

Advertisement