Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

helloboys wrote: »
    bump:confused:

any updates in general for this event

also connie whats the best hotel in your opinion and where can i pay cash?

i know it was said before which clubs that you can pay cash in but i cant find it.

also is there a closing date for entries-how many left?

thanks

Hi,
    The best hotel standard wise is The Brehon, but the Glen eagle hotel itself is a fine hotel in its own right. If you want to pay in cash, you can do so by sending it to Neil Kelly in Blazing aces card club waterford or to me in the Cue Club,Hilliards lane,High St, Killarney. We will then forward it to Ladbrokes to register you for the event.

Its impossible to say at the moment exactly how many players, but this is what I know:

Ladbrokes are qualifying 150 players, and they tell us that 70% of their qualifiers are bringing a poker playing buddy, so thats approx 250 players.

We intend having 150 players (at a minimum) qualify through off-line satts so add that to the ladbrokes 250 and we're up to 400.

Now, the Glen eagle hotel have 150 rooms and 30 appartments booked specifically for the poker weekend, seperate to Ladbrokes room bookings. None of these people who have booked rooms have entered into the event yet. How many players are gonna be in each room? If by some miracle, all of these people decided to pay their entry fee tomorrow, I'd say we'd be getting very close to our 650 cap.(and I havent counted the super satt tickets nor local players in any of the above figures).

I was at The Macau festival over the week-end and virtually everybody I spoke to is planning on playing the Ladbrokes event. I told them all what I'm telling you here, we cant take names without people officially entering.

So my advice to players is to enter on line at Ladbokerspoker.com or into either of the 2 clubs as outlined above. If your paying by bankdraught or cheque, make sure its made out to ladbrokes.

If I can be of any further help, either post here, pm me or ring me on 087-2833343.

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 buzz3003

connie are there going to be any live qualifiers for m/e that aint re-buys ??? ie 50 or 100 euro freeze-out qualifiers.

buzz3003 wrote: »
    connie are there going to be any live qualifiers for m/e that aint re-buys ??? ie 50 or 100 euro freeze-out qualifiers.

Hi Graham.
    I'll be doing a few in the club in the weeks leading up to the festival. I'll text you on it nearer the time.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

mondays qualifier got 7 packages tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Still in the running for one too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

sweet got a auld package tonight was a real strugle on d buble but got der in d end.... nice:D:D

Congrats, was watching it.
    Risky push with A10, but you stood up

it was put he was very aggresive n he new i was playin tight.. got lucky tho.. u get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Well done lads was watching most of it

gazman59 wrote: »
    it was put he was very aggresive n he new i was playin tight.. got lucky tho.. u get in?
    lol yeah, that was me

i knew you were tight, but due to stacks sizes, once you pushed I was calling any two cards that I raised with. (Which is a huge range i'll admit)

I jsut think that you go out more often with A10 there, than if you fold and wait for one of the shorties to bust

• Advertisement

gazman59 wrote: »
    sweet got a auld package tonight was a real strugle on d buble but got der in d end.... nice:D:D

Nice one Gaz

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

why people still book hotel rooms (not to mention flights!) without having secured a ticket, I dunno....

See you in October Connie.

DeV.

Mellor wrote: »
    lol yeah, that was me

i knew you were tight, but due to stacks sizes, once you pushed I was calling any two cards that I raised with. (Which is a huge range i'll admit)

I jsut think that you go out more often with A10 there, than if you fold and wait for one of the shorties to bust

ya your def rite.. but at that stage i was one of the shorties:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

As you probably know by now the Killarney event is being filmed for a TG4 documentary. Here's one site's take on the news:

http://www.rummyonline.net/online-rummy/irish-poker-festival-filmed-for-tv-documentary/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

As you probably know by now the Killarney event is being filmed for a TG4 documentary. Here's one site's take on the news:

http://www.rummyonline.net/online-rummy/irish-poker-festival-filmed-for-tv-documentary/
    lol, what the hell?!?
    Full info of the festivity crapper be institute at Ladbrokespoker.com/killarneyfestival and aggregation on the stylish satellites crapper be institute in the tap low MTT/Offline Events/Ladbrokes Goidelic Festival.

There will official launch on this Tm.

Neill

If any of you boardies have a friend in london who might be thinking of coming over for the ladbrokes festival in October, I just noticed that for 1 day only, theres a special offer on Ryanair. Book by sunday night and you can fly return from London stanstead to kerry airport for £2 (stl) each way, including taxes.

Just thought I'd post it up incase its handy for somebody you know.

Connie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

So, i have a package that includes a room, which is for two people,
    say I was to jump in with somebody else that has a room,
    would i be able to sell the room?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

TripleAce wrote: »

Hi,

The Gleneagle Group have special deals in various accomodation in the surrounding area. If you contact Norma on 064-71550 from Weds this week she will put you right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

Lplate wrote: »
    Hi,

If you change the parameters of your search to hotels and guesthouses, you will see several guesthouses from €45 pps upwards. Any of those with an address of Muckross Road will be a short distance from the venue including, Woodlawn House, Glena House, Whitegates, Castle Lodge, Holiday Inn, Riverside, Lime Court. The closest of these would be Whitegates, Holiday Inn and Riverside which are about a 10 minute walk. The furthest would be the Castle Lodge which is about a 25 minute walk.

Thank you! I actually just booked a few minutes ago at ALGRET HOUSE (42€/night), not sure about the location but not a big deal as I will drive down. Thank you again :)

hi matt whats the deal with your munster poker qualifiers for lads500+50 txt you the other day but no reply seen the dates but no info on buy-in ??
    cheers

graham

buzz3003 wrote: »
    hi matt whats the deal with your munster poker qualifiers for lads500+50 txt you the other day but no reply seen the dates but no info on buy-in ??
    cheers

graham

Hi Graham,

There are 2 more sats in the Gleneagle apart from the super-sat. Weds 10th Sept at 8pm and Sun 28th Sept at 4pm. Both are €35+ 1 €25 rebuy and 1 €25top-up. The 3 so far have yielded 4, 5 and 5 tickets from fields of around 30. If there is a lot of interest in your area we can arrange a team to go and run a sat to your own requirements. If interested in this call me on 086-3858314.

Cheers,

Matt

cheers for that matt ,will prob be over .

graham

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭theGIANT

Just wondering is there many spaces left for this tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

delighted to qualify on ladbrooks for this the other night.. I got the mail from Laddies about the package and it includes 2 nights in the gleaneagle... with an option of an upgrade to the Brehon 4 star for 85 euro extra... anyone know if it's worth the upgrade?

and a shameless plug if anyone is looking for alternative accommodation we have a few hotel and b&b rooms still available for the 3rd and 4th on www.failtehotels.ie just select dates and drop down menu for kerry. interesting one for some of the guys on a budget might be triple room from 110 euro...

See you all there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

have the amount of sats on ladbrokes increased yet? Wasnt it from september it was supposed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

a friend of mine coming over from england has just booking form east midlands to cork coming in on the 3rd and back on the Monday... all for 1 euro each way... same price from manchester... just to keep in mind specials on ryanair dont seem to work flying on the weekend but fri going back mon was the way to go...

zuroph wrote: »
    have the amount of sats on ladbrokes increased yet? Wasnt it from september it was supposed to?

Hi,
    The extra Satts on Ladbrokes start next Monday, September 15th. They will run every night for 2 weeks and they are going to be ticket only satts. Entry fee is $50, with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on allowed at $25 each.

Hope that helps. I'll put a post up on it in the online-tourney section.

Good luck in them,
    Connie

• Advertisement

theGIANT wrote: »
    Just wondering is there many spaces left for this tournament?

Check out this thread //http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055364541&page=2

Also, Connies last post for online sats (as below)

Hi,
    The extra Satts on Ladbrokes start next Monday, September 15th. They will run every night for 2 weeks and they are going to be ticket only satts. Entry fee is $50, with 1 rebuy and 1 add-on allowed at $25 each.

Hope that helps. I'll put a post up on it in the online-tourney section.

Good luck in them,
    Connie

Advertisement