Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney-Official Thread -Oct 2008 - €250,000 Guaranteed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Macspower wrote: »
    delighted to qualify on ladbrooks for this the other night.. I got the mail from Laddies about the package and it includes 2 nights in the gleaneagle... with an option of an upgrade to the Brehon 4 star for 85 euro extra... anyone know if it's worth the upgrade?

and a shameless plug if anyone is looking for alternative accommodation we have a few hotel and b&b rooms still available for the 3rd and 4th on www.failtehotels.ie just select dates and drop down menu for kerry. interesting one for some of the guys on a budget might be triple room from 110 euro...

See you all there...

Well done macs. See you there.

The Gleneagle is a top class hotel in it's own right. However, the Brehon is something else. It trades as 4 star for business reasons only. In reality it's a top class 5 star, is literally 3 minutes walk from the poker venue and is well worth the upgrade imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Macspower wrote: »
    delighted to qualify on ladbrooks for this the other night.. I got the mail from Laddies about the package and it includes 2 nights in the gleaneagle... with an option of an upgrade to the Brehon 4 star for 85 euro extra... anyone know if it's worth the upgrade?

Hi Macs,
    Delighted to heaR you won your package. You wont be disappointed with either hotel, but if it was me, I would upgrade for the sake of €85. The Brehon is a class act. (Steve davis told me he has never stayed in a better hotel, and I guess he's stayed in quite a few of them). The service is top class as is the whole hotel. If your bringing your wife with you, they have a renowned spa centre, completely staffed by Thais.The hotel is only 2 or 3 years old.
    The Glen Eagle hotel itself is much bigger, and has a superb leisure centre.
    I'm sure youll be happy whatever you decide.

See you then
    Connie

edit: Just spotted Matt adressed your query already. Hope we've been helpfull!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Buy In on Ladbrokes is now - $775 thats saving a couple of dollars if u regiaster online now .

Currently seats have exceeded 500 players with a 650 Cap

Please Note Registration Closes September 28th for this Event on Ladbrokes

Neill K

Players this is Filling Faster then i actaully Thought , Please Register now to avoid Disappointment . We have said this will fill and we are on Target to do this.

Drop me a mail if u intend on Playing and i will go through the process.

nkelly@bigslickevents.net

Neill K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Neil

From playing in events and following Boards it seems everybody intends playing this SO my attendance guess is 702.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Neil

From playing in events and following Boards it seems everybody intends playing this SO my attendance guess is 702.

Best of luck
    My guess is 650, the cap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Is there a list of players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

kincsem wrote: »
    Is there a list of players?

good idea this will be like his biggest list to date

I Will have Full details after Sept 28th which is Closing reg date For registration on Ladbrokes Online so that info can be compiled . We will still have entry through both clubs and myself if seats are still available and plan to do Alternates after this point if the event is full.There will be an alternates list at the venue on the day.

I have given up on Lists on Boards :D

Neill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

I Will have Full details after Sept 28th which is Closing reg date on Ladbrokes.
    I have given up on Lists on Boards :D

Neill

Hello all,
    Just in case people misunderstand whats written above, Sept 28th is the closing date on Ladbrokes for buying into the event. But that doesnt mean that if you wait until say Sept 27th, that your guaranteed to be able to buy in. From what I can see, this tournament is going to be sold out in the next few days, and when it is sold out, then you will no longer be able to register, regardless of the dates.

Connie

connie147 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Just in case people misunderstand whats written above, Sept 28th is the closing date on Ladbrokes for buying into the event. But that doesnt mean that if you wait until say Sept 27th, that your guaranteed to be able to buy in. From what I can see, this tournament is going to be sold out in the next few days, and when it is sold out, then you will no longer be able to register, regardless of the dates.

Connie

Thanks Con(Edited my post looked confusing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Regged and in, the aul oh $100 in my account lets spin it to $775 trick worked.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Regged and in, the aul oh $100 in my account lets spin it to $775 trick worked.:pac:

I'm in that boat...should have just got my ticket instead of playing sats and spinning! I've $150 left..whats the best spin up opportunity $1/2 omaha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I'm in that boat...should have just got my ticket instead of playing sats and spinning! I've $150 left..whats the best spin up opportunity $1/2 omaha?

nah i just jumped into a 1.50/3 NLHE game and 2 hours later cashed out for the buyin, although 3 double ups in PLO would be much quicker if your stuck for time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

sorry if this has been covered... as regards the times... we start ME at 4 on Friday? what time is the finish planned? and again providing I make it times again for Sat and Sun? reason i ask is I have other half coming with me and she wants to know....

link will do fine if has already been covered... thanks

Main Event
    Day 1 - Starts at - 4pm
    Day 1 - Finishes at- 2.30am (approx)
    Blinds Finish at - 400-800

Day 2 - Starts at 1pm
    Day 2 - Finishes at 2am (Approx)
    Blinds Finish at 6,000-12,000

Day 3 - Starts - 1pm
    Day 3 - Plays until Completion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I am so looking forward to this.

Hi All ,

There is 4 Seats left on Ladbrokes now Please register now as we will only be able to take Alternates after these go

Regards

Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭The Improver

Hi All ,

There is 4 Seats left on Ladbrokes now Please register now as we will only be able to take Alternates after these go

Regards

Neill

Neil can you stick me in the list for the alternate list, how many on this list so far?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

Neil can you stick me in the list for the alternate list, how many on this list so far?
    Cheers

Will know this after weds Keith as all payments are due in then from Clubs

Regards

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

What are the Ladbrokes seats capped at online? There are currently 153 $1250 packages gone and 98 $775 seats gone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

we want a list

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

nicnicnic wrote: »
    we want a list

lol, bro your so complicated!!!

Looking forward to see you champ!

sis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

thechamp87 wrote: »
    What are the Ladbrokes seats capped at online? There are currently 153 $1250 packages gone and 98 $775 seats gone...
    100 of the 775 seats methinks, and two more packages?

Not doing a list On Boards Guys . Too much hassle to be honest everytime i put up a list so this time Player list will be available at the venue

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Not doing a list On Boards Guys . Too much hassle to be honest everytime i put up a list so this time Player list will be available at the venue

Neill
    yet another post worthy of a thumbs down button thumbsdown.gif
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Punter Bren

Has this increased to 750 players now or is it still capped at 650 players

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Has this increased to 750 players now or is it still capped at 650 players

750 is the new cap afaik + alternates
    but this is quite close to being filled if my info is correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Not doing a list On Boards Guys .
    Neill

I'm absolutely amazed at your decision to forego the opportunity of posting what could be THE LIST of all lists :eek:

Advertisement