Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for 2 = €12.50

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Ryaller wrote: »
    I was in Blackrock on Friday and the only mains they had were the chicken and meatballs (apart from 3 or 4 haddock). And it was bedlam.

Yep, by the time I got there it was all meatballs! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Winter

we were pretty happy with our selection

Medium chicken, roast potatoes and profiteroles..

Yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

They should run this promotion every weekend! They must be making a loss but it'll get customers into their shops!

I noticed Superquinn were copying their idea - meal for two for a tenner. Some great stuff their aswell, got SQ garlic chicken breasts, roast potatoes, roast vegtables and two chocolate puddings for €10. Cant go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sorted

Anyone know if the Marks promotion is on this weekend? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

no, its every second weekend

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Ah well, I'll just have to get back to real cooking on Friday evening :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

pampers1 wrote: »
    I went to the one in Jervis Centre on Saturday Morning at 10.30 (to get the wine) they had absolutely nothing left. Only Turkey or the Gammon. I then went to the one in the IFSC and exactly the same thing. They didn't even have the fudge cake or anything left. I was devastated. In future i will make my way down on my lunch break on a Thursday!! I was told that Blackrock M&S Always have plenty. Don't know if its true or not though.

Truely the crime of the 21st century!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Anyone know what's in store for this week. I like to plan ahead early!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

pampers1 wrote: »
    Anyone know what's in store for this week. I like to plan ahead early!! :D

Come back to this thread on Wednesday evening and there will hopefully be some good news then. Alternatively take a look at the M&S website at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭datk

The link says there's no Dine for 2 offer this week. But I don't know if that's last week's notice or this week's one!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

M&S normally update their site around 5.00 pm on the Wednesday before to show the offer.

Last time it was on, 2 weeks ago, the UK did have a link saying 'offer not on' but it was on here in Ireland.

Maybe the usual M&S staff can advise whether it's on here this weekend
    as going by the usual 'every fortnight' it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 univibe

Dine for 2 not on this weekend unfortunatly, Mothers Day will be the next one and it will be similar to the Valentines Day Dine for 2 as far as i know, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

univibe wrote: »
    Dine for 2 not on this weekend unfortunatly, Mothers Day will be the next one and it will be similar to the Valentines Day Dine for 2 as far as i know, hope this helps

Sister in law in the UK went into M&S in Reading today (Saturday) dine in offer wasn't on this weekend but apparently next weekend the offer is for Mother's Day and is :

Main course for 4
    Side dish for 4
    Pudding for 4
    bottle of wine

Price over there is going to be £15 wonder what that will be here - details on the website from Wednesday evening according to the staff member she spoke to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 univibe

Price over there is going to be £15 wonder what that will be here - details on the website from Wednesday evening according to the staff member she spoke to.[/quote]

Think it will be €20 as far as i know !

heres the list

remember it's for 4 so the chickens will be large ones, the joints will be about 800g, and alot of the sides & deserts will be either twin packs or the extra large ones they do at chistmas

Mains:

Ready to Roast Lamb Joint
    Ready to Roast Beef Joint
    Ready to Roast Turkey Joint
    Aberdeen Angus Prime Beef Roasting Joint
    Whole Chicken
    Marinated Salmon Joint
    Cook! 4 Chicken Breasts with Caramelised Onion & Cheddar
    Sides:

Roast Potatoes
    New Potatoes with Herbs
    Traditional Vegetables for Roasting
    Winter Vegetables Medley
    House Salad
    Roast Parsnips
    Red Cabbage
    Ultimate Mash
    Carrot and Swede Crush
    Desserts:

Sticky Toffee Pudding
    Plum & Almond Tart
    Berry & Cherry Terrine
    Belgian Chocolate Cheesecake
    Fresh Cream Profiterole Stack
    Ready to Bake Apple Pie
    Cheese Selection
    Drinks:

Gold label Cabernet
    Gold label Chardonnay
    Paradiso Carmenere
    Twin Organic Elderflower Press

also be aware that some stores may have a display of products marked as
    "Great to go with your roast" or something similar, they are not part of the offer, but seperate products they want to push the sales of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Thanks for the info The Groutch. You're in early with a good news Bargain Alert post. The Dine In offer at €20 is upping the price a lot. Although I like the selection, it looks like they're offering their top of the range items for mains. Also the Gold Label Sparkling Chardonnay is one of my favourites, usually €10-12 a bottle, so that's excellent value. It's better than many champagnes I've tried and far more drinkable. That's what I'll be stocking up on, if I can get to an M&S this weekend. Happy eating everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Does this start today guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

madmoe wrote: »
    Does this start today guys?

Started today.
    And the roast beef looks real juicy !! :)

I popped into Marks in Grafton Street at lunchtime and they're offering a different deal to the usual. It's a "roast for 4" for €20. Didn't seem to be particularly great value as the mains and desserts looked like the same size as the dine in for 2 deal. Only difference seemed to be the sides/vegetables which were bigger trays than usual. Unless I misunderstood!

Didn't seem to be as popular as usual either - none of the usual crowd milling about the offers stand! :)

PS...this deal is £15 in their UK stores...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Sorted wrote: »
    I popped into Marks in Grafton Street at lunchtime and they're offering a different deal to the usual. It's a "roast for 4" for €20. Didn't seem to be particularly great value as the mains and desserts looked like the same size as the dine in for 2 deal. Only difference seemed to be the sides/vegetables which were bigger trays than usual. Unless I misunderstood!

Didn't seem to be as popular as usual either - none of the usual crowd milling about the offers stand! :)

the mains definitely are bigger - joints of Beef and Lamb, large chickens, 4 x chicken breasts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

mick_irl wrote: »
    From their website, the menu for this offer is:

Read up much lately?, you just repeated a huge chunk of text pasted only 6 posts, and 1 day ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I just got this deal in M&S Grafton. Got a 1.1kg joint of roast beef, tray of roast spuds and veggies, 300g profiteroles and a bottle of gold chardonnay. Total on the receipt came to €31.60 which ended up costing €20.

Its not as good value as the dine for 2, that usually comes to €23-25, all for €12.50, ie half price. This deal is more like 30% off.
    Also I didn't see any twin packs of sides, only singles. They are bigger than normal alright but I'm doubting that they will feed four people. Profiteroles are either the same size ( or slightly smaller, not 100% sure ) as normal and Im thinking four hungry mouths will not be satisfied with them. If they are the same size then they are sold as a desert for two on the dine for 2 deal, not for four.

Still though its not a bad deal as Im not cooking for four but I would say apart from the mains the rest is really more suited to three. However I won't be going back for a second bite of the cherry over the weekend like I normally do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the info lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Deadly, being a greedy sod I got two sets of meals, wine looks class too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

RATM wrote: »
    Profiteroles are either the same size ( or slightly smaller, not 100% sure ) as normal and Im thinking four hungry mouths will not be satisfied with them. If they are the same size then they are sold as a desert for two on the dine for 2 deal, not for four.

I always get 4 desserts from the profiteroles (14 per pack). add some nice ice cream and 3/4 is plenty for anyone

Yeah add some of that lovely Lidl vanilla ice cream, 30% off now at Lidl :P : http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.wfo.p.PremiumVanillaIceCream

not a bargain if it tastes 'orrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I picked up the following yesterday:

-The Salmon marinated in soy, ginger, chilli etc
    -The Chicken breasts in soft cheese
    -Roast vegetables
    -Mashed potatoes
    -Belgian Chocolate Cheesecake
    -Bake at home Apple tart
    -2 bottles of Cabernet sauvignon

All for €40 which is great value in my opinion.

Tried the chocolate cheesecake last night and it was delicious, although very rich and heavy. The one cake easily did 4 people and there's a generous slice left over.

The wine aint half bad either!

• Advertisement

not a bargain if it tastes 'orrible

It doesn't taste 'orrible. It tastes great, that's why I posted it.

Advertisement