Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Dine for 2 = €12.50

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

parsi wrote: »
    It is ! Probably too large for just two...

the wife and I always get two days from the profiteroles...mmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Bill-e wrote: »
    Is this stuff pre cooked? or in packets or wah? Is it a buffet style thing? Is it all in the same place in the shop or do you have to look around for components?

No its not pre-cooked or buffet style. Its just like buying three different things for a dinner. Like going out and buying steaks, then potatos, then icecream. Simple as that. Its delish when cooked properly and well worth it!!

And it usually is all in the one area of the store so you don't have to go searching for the different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

So is it defo on for sure tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

110% definitely on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

lindtee wrote: »
    I'll be eating the lot myself!:pac::pac:

Anyone know what size the honey roast gammon is? Is it tasty? Any other recommendations from frequent M&S shoppers.

The gammon is VERY tasty. Says on the pack, serves 2-3, but really it only serves 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Mains

Cook Chicken with Davidstow Cheddar Gratin
    Cook Haddock Gratin
    Cook Meatballs
    Gastropub Fish Pie
    Whole Chicken
    Ready to Roast Turkey
    Ready to Roast Honey Gammon
    2 Lochmuir Trout
    Vegetable Mousakka

Accompaniments

Salad Bowl
    Sage and Onion Stuffing
    Roast Potatoes
    Caesar Vegetables
    Mediterranean Vegetables
    Traditional Veg for Roasting
    Parmentier Potatoes

Desserts

Cappucino Cake
    Lemon Souffle
    Lemon Tart
    2 Mixed Fruit Tarts
    Strawberry Trifle
    Profiterole Stack
    Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake
    Fruit Salad
    Cheese Selection
    Chocolate Mint Selecion

Wine

Cote du Rhone
    Vin de Pays des Cotes de Gascogne
    Pedro Ximenez
    Cobborah Shiraz/ Cabernet Merlot
    Cobborah Chardonnay
    Valencia Orange Juice Twin Pack (2x1 litre)

Love you and your work!
    Filling my freezer tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

out of the ones on the list!
    thanks
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

sweetie wrote: »
    the wife and I always get two days from the profiteroles...mmmm :D

My 9 and 4 year olds are waiting at the front door if they know daddy is coming home with the M&S profiteroles :D:D = hence myself a the missus end up getting one each (if at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

pampers1 wrote: »
    No its not pre-cooked or buffet style. Its just like buying three different things for a dinner. Like going out and buying steaks, then potatos, then icecream. Simple as that. Its delish when cooked properly and well worth it!!

And it usually is all in the one area of the store so you don't have to go searching for the different things.

Beware of the determined looking women though - they have very sharp elbows:D - suggest you stand at a distance and then pounce once you've made your selection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

110% definitely on

Starting on what day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Starting on what day?

Started today, and goes on until Sunday evening.
    Lots of other offers too guys!!

nmesisca wrote: »
    Started today, and goes on until Sunday evening.
    Lots of other offers too guys!!

better to get in early, not guaranteed to be much if anything left on sunday evening

mick_irl wrote: »
    The gammon is VERY tasty. Says on the pack, serves 2-3, but really it only serves 2.

+ 1, it really is lovely, espcially with that honey sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Just finished buying up our local M&S! Got great value - but can anyone answer why the website advertises a much wider range of foods than was available in mullingar? For example, there was only 1 white wine and 2 reds, and not all the foods were available. And the chickens were small oakham chickens, not the large ones advertised....

Only a minor gripe - still a good offer!

muckety wrote: »
    Just finished buying up our local M&S! Got great value - but can anyone answer why the website advertises a much wider range of foods than was available in mullingar? For example, there was only 1 white wine and 2 reds, and not all the foods were available. And the chickens were small oakham chickens, not the large ones advertised....

I take it mullingar is a relatively small store, so the space allocated within the store for the offer might not be big enough to adequately display every product

In the "flagship" stores, they have up to 6 of the end fridges, so they can provide every product

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

And the chickens were small oakham chickens, not the large ones advertised....

The list above doesn't claim large chicken - just chicken. Are they actually advertised as large somewhere else?

Got the chicken and the profiteroles earlier, so happy enough. Couldn't see the trout in Jervis branch, but everything else was there (and going fast).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

This is the official list from the M&S website: http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/node/n/198933031?mnSBrand=core

Mains:
    Cook! Chicken with Davidstow Cheddar Gratin
    Cook! Haddock Gratin
    Ready to Roast Turkey Joint
    Medium Oakham Chicken
    Gastro Pub Fish Pie
    2 Scottish Loch Trout Fillets
    Cook! Beef Meatballs With Tomato and Provelone Cheese
    Ready To Roast Gammon With Honey Glaze
    Vegetable Moussaka

Sides:
    Italian Style Salad
    Pork, Sage & Onion Stuffing
    Caesar Style Vegetables
    Mediterranean Style Vegetables
    Roast Potatoes
    Traditional Vegetables for Roasting
    Parmentier Potatoes

Desserts:
    2 Lemon Soufflés
    Lemon Tart
    Hot Chocolate Fudge Pudding
    2 Cappuccino cheesecakes
    2 Mixed Fruit Tarts
    Strawberry Trifle
    Fresh Cream Profiterole Stack
    Fresh Fruit Salad
    Cheese selection

Drinks:
    Côtes du Rhône
    Vin de Pays des Côtes de Gascogne
    Px Pedro Ximen Cobborah Cabernet Merlot or Shiraz
    Cobborah Chardonnay
    Valencia Orange Juice (2x1 litre)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

sweetie wrote: »
    + 1, it really is lovely, espcially with that honey sauce

Didn't go for it in the end. Looked in some of the boxes and they were tiny! Wouldn't even feed me on my own!
    Got medium chicken (1490g), veg for roasting, profiteroles and 2 lts orange juice, got them at around 9.20. Had a look in M&S later on(when wine was on sale) and it was mad, loads of women scramming for food and wine!

Thanks for the heads up, Groutch, wouldn't have gone in otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

alastair wrote: »
    The list above doesn't claim large chicken - just chicken. Are they actually advertised as large somewhere else?

Got the chicken and the profiteroles earlier, so happy enough. Couldn't see the trout in Jervis branch, but everything else was there (and going fast).

I was beginning to doubt I'd ever seen 'large' chickens advertised as part of this deal! But noticed on a UK website that they initially advertised large chickens, then subsequently changed it to medium.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1514435

lindtee wrote: »
    Didn't go for it in the end. Looked in some of the boxes and they were tiny! Wouldn't even feed me on my own!
    Got medium chicken (1490g), veg for roasting, profiteroles and 2 lts orange juice, got them at around 9.20. Had a look in M&S later on(when wine was on sale) and it was mad, loads of women scramming for food and wine!

Thanks for the heads up, Groutch, wouldn't have gone in otherwise!

ah I disagree, I shared one with my wife last night and we had plenty for us both. No leftovers but it's quite a flavourful and dense meat so you need less of it. Those profiteroles are so huge aren't they. We had the trifle which was lovely and plenty in it for two decent servings. Not sure about the red wine I got but I can use it for cooking at least :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Dr Jan Itor

can someone please explain to me exactly what you can buy for the €12.50 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

can someone please explain to me exactly what you can buy for the €12.50 please?

I bought 2 x Meatballs, 2 x Profiteroles, 1 Sage & Sausage stuffing, 1 potatoe dish and 2 bottles of red wine for €25. It's a great deal! :)

well doctor, you pick one item from each section of the list about 5 posts up

on average it ends up being about €23-25 worth of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got me the meatballs last night and the potatoes plus the profiteroles!! Meat balls were yum, yum yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I see Dunnes are doing a similar meal for €10 deal with own brand desserts you wouldn't give to your dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

It seem this offer had exploded in popularity since the start of the year. Was in the M&S on Grafton one month ago on the Sunday and it had sold out. That was at 3pm. This time I went in Saturday at 3pm and it had practically sold out ( 5/6 chickens left and a bit of veg ). I asked a worker would they be stocking up the shelves for today ( Sunday ) and she said no, once its gone its gone:(

Luckily I had already got some stuff on Thursday ( the best day to go in especially if you are after items like profiteroles or the occasional bottle of cava ) so I didn't miss out entirely.

Whats the experience in other branches of M&S? Does Jervis tend to sell out before the Sunday too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

I went to the one in Jervis Centre on Saturday Morning at 10.30 (to get the wine) they had absolutely nothing left. Only Turkey or the Gammon. I then went to the one in the IFSC and exactly the same thing. They didn't even have the fudge cake or anything left. I was devastated. In future i will make my way down on my lunch break on a Thursday!! I was told that Blackrock M&S Always have plenty. Don't know if its true or not though.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

masterK wrote: »
    I see Dunnes are doing a similar meal for €10 deal with own brand desserts you wouldn't give to your dog.
    Especially if they have chocolate in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

I was told that Blackrock M&S Always have plenty. Don't know if its true or not though.

I was in Blackrock on Friday and the only mains they had were the chicken and meatballs (apart from 3 or 4 haddock). And it was bedlam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

I went to the one in Jervis Centre on Saturday Morning at 10.30 (to get the wine) they had absolutely nothing left. Only Turkey or the Gammon.
    So they DID have something left?

Advertisement