Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should boardsies be allowed go out with one another?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was smirking at the idea of boards couples, then I realised my boyfriend is infact on boards, but doesn't post much >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is that all I mean to you? Nothing?

/runs off and cries...

There there. Don't cry.

/pats on back

/mutters 'freaking wuss'

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

I have an opinion on this ut won't share it.
    Im not sure on this one tbh.

An ex of mine is on here, didnt know it when I was with her, but I saw a post somewhere on here, and was like "my god, that sounds like *****" checked the profile, searched the username, found a post involving pics, it was her. and her posts reminded me of why she is an ex.

That said, she doesnt post in the same forums as my good self often, so it doesnt bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

barnacle wrote: »
    her posts reminded me of why she is an ex.

:D:D

I love when you have reasons to dislike ex's.

Mine took up smoking and being slightly rude.

And far from being annoyed/disgusted I am delighted: I have no reason to even be attracted to her anymore, and no doubts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Gawd no, its sick and wrong, against god and nature!

Let not the nArds breed! O_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i couldnt be arsed reading any of the rest this thread and neither could the wife your your father!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Piste wrote: »
    I was smirking at the idea of boards couples, then I realised my boyfriend is infact on boards, but doesn't post much >.<
    Smirking? Do moderators ever stop smirking? Can you imagine 2 moderators going out with each other. Probably wouldn't be too healthy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fizman wrote: »
    11 oclock....my place....... tonight!

If however, you are male........then 8 oclock......in your place.......on Tuesday.

/I get bored on Tuesdays

male dude...

but sure why not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

male dude...

but sure why not :P

Its a date. I'll bring the KY!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I can collect ye both in a smart car and we can watch fred astaire movies on the dvd player in my fridge as we sip chablis and complain about VRT. It could be a magical evening.
    I mightn't even need the KY.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I am personally madly but secretly in love with dr.bollocko.

His sarcasm makes my stomach feel all butterfly-y.

Leave desF! Come and live with me and we will converse all evening on the internet, but y'know, in the same room!

This just became thread of the year.
    Quick mods! Shave my avatar!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Definitely not. Frictions bad.
    met my fella on a message board, where there were a number of couples also. we hit a rough patch, which resulted in both of us cancelling our accounts on one of hte boards, and a huuuuge decrease on posting across the board. another couple managed to piss everyone off by constantly flirting across threads, and seriously... waaaaaay too much info was put across there... another couple were engaged for three or four years, and then she called it off... he disappeared... she told us all about her new relationship etc etc, and he's recently come back quite bitter. verrrry bitter. and then there's the married one with a 'secret' internet relationship with another guy, who we hear about every saturday night when she's online and drinking while emailing her fella....

so there is a huuuuuuge potential for grief on the part of other boardsies/posters... but meh... i met my fella online, and have since moved across the world to live with him (posting from his computer now) and couldnt be happier, so twould be plain hypocritical to vote no :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead says no.

Its just too messy and brings unwanted tension and friction to the forums. For couples who post together the unresolved argument from the night before over who should put the bins out can often spill over into the forums causing dark clouds of discontent to rumble over the masses.

Its like your 14 all over again, sitting at home in silence with your mama and papa after they've had a blazing row over whose fault it was that their only son has ditched hsi spiderman pyjamas in favour of a nylon pink bodysock.

Look at nesf and simu. Two great posters, started going out, all was rosy in the garden, then they get serious, have a row and simu hasn't posted in about 6 months.

Then theres DesF and Irishird. Oh yeah all's rosy at the moment but mark Pigheads words, in another 6 months we'll be waking up to threads such as "Men are fcukers and lesbianism seems like a good idea right now" and "Shut it you tart, remember when I said you made the best fry up ever? WELL I LIED"

Pighead has turned down hundreds of boards chicks PM advances over the years because the bottom line is the forums are more important than anything else and couples have to choose one or the other because you can't have both.
    I voted for the one night stand, so Pighead could "bribe" one of the admins...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I think it's high time there was a Mr and Mrs Boards competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I think it's high time there was a Mr and Mrs Boards competition.

+1

All boards couples announce yourselves and be judged in a matter befitting the Mr. and Mrs. Boards title.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well, I am proud that Smccarrick and myself are a happily married boards couple (though we met outside of boards), we even co-mod two forums together. We had a rather (read very) tempestuos few years before we got married and we overcame a long of obstacles when we did get married but we are very happy together and will even be working in the same place in less than two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

This could be hard to beat... any others wish to challenge?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Well, I am proud that Smccarrick and myself are a happily married boards couple (though we met outside of boards), we even co-mod two forums together. We had a rather (read very) tempestuos few years before we got married and we overcame a long of obstacles when we did get married but we are very happy together and will even be working in the same place in less than two weeks time.

I can't follow that but 3 months after I met my boyfriend I told him all about boards and as he had noticed how much I read it, he became a boardsie and although he can be a complete noob sometimes :) Kidding, :D Love you honey

He got a name change as a recent gesture of Love for me
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=164748

• Advertisement

And when ye break up will he be crankysullenguy?
    Or will he go completely the other way and become coolsmileygirl?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

One night stands are ok but thats about it.
    I can't follow that but 3 months after I met my boyfriend I told him all about boards and as he had noticed how much I read it, he became a boardsie and although he can be a complete noob sometimes :) Kidding, :D Love you honey

That post is EXACTLY whats wrong with going out with a boardsie. Oh there shall be tears CSG, nothing good can come from this. This can only end in complete and utter disaster. And a visit to the help desk for a name change for CoolSmileyGuy. He should change his name to PigheadWasRight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Well, I am proud that Smccarrick and myself are a happily married boards couple (though we met outside of boards), we even co-mod two forums together.

Wow, its just like Marie & Pierre Curie and their tireless scientific work.

Pighead wrote: »
    That post is EXACTLY whats wrong with going out with a boardsie. Oh there shall be tears CSG, nothing good can come from this. This can only end in complete and utter disaster. And a visit to the help desk for a name change for CoolSmileyGuy. He should change his name to PigheadWasRight.

Something tells me this is a happy ever after romance
    Sure if he had his way already I would be Mrs Coolsmileyguy
    He'll be lucky enough one day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Gah you've actually made me agree with Pighead just because of this :mad: . This is the kind of thing like tattooing your OH's name on yourself, as whats going to happen when/if you break up and move on, obviously its not so serious on an internet forum as one simple method of changing the name as compared to RL laser removal or for the cheap one's wire brush and detol. :D

R0ot wrote: »
    Gah you've actually made me agree with Pighead just because of this :mad: . This is the kind of thing like tattooing your OH's name on yourself, as whats going to happen when/if you break up and move on, obviously its not so serious on an internet forum as one simple method of changing the name as compared to RL laser removal or for the cheap one's wire brush and detol. :D

Each to there own
    PM him and tell him you don't agree if you are that bothered

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gaaaaaaay...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Each to there own
    PM him and tell him you don't agree if you are that bothered

Nah its just my personal peeve, not ment as an offense, so don't take it as such. :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

They can go out, I just don't think they should be allowed breed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

They shud...as long s they have Mods for when things get bad.

Advertisement