Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should boardsies be allowed go out with one another?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead says no.

Its just too messy and brings unwanted tension and friction to the forums. For couples who post together the unresolved argument from the night before over who should put the bins out can often spill over into the forums causing dark clouds of discontent to rumble over the masses.

Its like your 14 all over again, sitting at home in silence with your mama and papa after they've had a blazing row over whose fault it was that their only son has ditched hsi spiderman pyjamas in favour of a nylon pink bodysock.

Look at nesf and simu. Two great posters, started going out, all was rosy in the garden, then they get serious, have a row and simu hasn't posted in about 6 months.

Then theres DesF and Irishird. Oh yeah all's rosy at the moment but mark Pigheads words, in another 6 months we'll be waking up to threads such as "Men are fcukers and lesbianism seems like a good idea right now" and "Shut it you tart, remember when I said you made the best fry up ever? WELL I LIED"

Pighead has turned down hundreds of boards chicks PM advances over the years because the bottom line is the forums are more important than anything else and couples have to choose one or the other because you can't have both.

Should fo*****s be allowed to go out with one another? 142 votes

Of course they should. Tensions good
    0%
    Definitely not. Frictions bad.
    66%
    BardReconBlitzKriegpEvil PhilkaimerashinobiRuu_OldChinafootWintersSteve_oKur4mAFaithRed AlertWebmonkeyPherekydesSuaimhneachDiddy KongUser45701thelordofcheese 95 votes
    One night stands are ok but thats about it.
    11%
    FunkyChickenSpossEKRIUQmeditraitorPigheadLarianneOrleeJesus WeptleninbenjamingubbieMarcus.AureliusGERMAN ROCKSxOxSinéadxOxroonaanPrivateEyeAsschanianaus 17 votes
    I have an opinion on this ut won't share it.
    21%
    Da BouncaazezilcournioniRedrocketKoldchumpThE_IVIAcIVIAIVRon DMCSparkyGone WestSad Professormelekalikimakabonelesssdanseoslavigopm.IvaBigWunseraphimvcaidan24326Fizman 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Hey Pighead, how about meaningless sex? Surely you can gimme tha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead has turned down hundreds of boards chicks PM advances over the years...

I'm sure not just chicks Pighead. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

boogle wrote: »
    Hey Pighead, how about meaningless sex? Surely you can gimme tha
    Nope, meaningless sex with Pighead is impossible. Obsession and an unhealthy need for more almost always follows. Better off just saying no from the very beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hmm.
    Let's see how this developes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hang on a minute.
    I'm the one going out with DesF.

• Advertisement

R0ot wrote: »
    I'm sure not just chicks Pighead. :pac:
    Wasn't going to mention your saucy extremely suggestive PM's R0ot but if you're not afraid of the masses knowing about them well then thats ok.

Nope, meaningless sex with Pighead is impossible. Obsession and an unhealthy need for more almost always follows. Better off just saying no from the very beginning.

Does the obsession and unhealthy need come from you or them? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Don't see any problem with it. Don't see it as being any of anybody else business other than what they decide to post here.

Surely we should not even allow people to meet in that case?

Actually, who the **** are we to "allow" anyone to do anything?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Pighead says no.

Pighead has turned down hundreds of boards chicks PM advances over the years .

mmhmm.. sure ya did. :rolleyes:

Hang on a minute.
    I'm the one going out with DesF.
    And therein lies the problem. Without boards this would be a simple illicit 3 way love triangle, with boards this is going to get messy with pages full of hate filled denials, multiple bannings and in all probability a locked thread.

Nobody wants to see that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Dragan wrote: »
    Don't see any problem with it. Don't see it as being any of anybody else business other than what they decide to post here.

The big bad mod conspiracy, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Loads of boardsies are already going out with eachother... LOADS!

Why tf not?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I have an opinion on this ut won't share it.
    one night stands and thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Wasn't going to mention your saucy extremely suggestive PM's R0ot but if you're not afraid of the masses knowing about them well then thats ok.

And you've turned me down every time. Your a man of principles i'll give ya that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

It's ok but there should be ground rules. You should have to declare it in a sticky atop AH (or maybe notices/announcements).

If one of them is a mod, then the other shouldn't be allowed post in the forum they moderate so the mod can be unbiased.*

For this reason, smods and admins are not allowed go out with a boardsie at all unless they are of equal rank. You've got 3 days to end your sordid "love" affairs.

*this does not apply to Rb/6th as they're not really mods ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Actually given some of the "interactions" I have seen at the last couple of beers this mighn't be a bad idea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Pighead you never replied to my PM's since i started included pics. I even wore a dress. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Pighead says no.

Look at nesf and simu. Two great posters, started going out, all was rosy in the garden, then they get serious, have a row and simu hasn't posted in about 6 months.

Maybe they're still making up.... :D

"We" are the guardians of the forums, the breadwinners of the boards family, coming here everyday to love, serve and protect the boards.ie logo, trademark and sponsorship ideals.

If you had a daughter who brought home a guy called, lets say snypperr, and said Daddy I love this man and want to marry him, what would you do? You'd kick the fcuk out of the snypperr fella and lock your daughter in a basement until the midlands meathead got the message and moved onto his next victim.

Thats what we as boards custodians shoudl be doing as well.

I think pighead does have a point.

The sexual tension between rb and degsy is something out of falcon crest.

If they finaly got to mate there would be torn holes and bloody tears all round.

• Advertisement

What about if a person introduces their other half to the boards. Their relationship pre-dates boards joinage. What then? Huh?

snyper wrote: »
    I think pighead does have a point.

The sexual tension between rb and degsy is something out of falcon crest.

If they finaly got to mate there would be torn holes and bloody tears all round.

Falconcrest? Nice use of an obscure reference :D

Wonder who wears the shoulderpads in that relationship?

" You'd kick the fcuk out of the snypperr fella and lock your daughter in a basement until the midlands meathead got the message and moved onto his next victim..

anytime lightweight.
    You are only making be horney thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

javaboy wrote: »
    You should have to declare it in a sticky atop AH (or maybe notices/announcements).

Are you for real?

Lads and lassies, its only an internet forum site. Its not like its completely close! People here saying two people cant get together cas there both members of the same internet forum. Like, wtf?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

So... Pighead has finally given up on Beru?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What if one was a mod and the other wasnt? Would it be like in hospitals the way doctors dont sit in the canteen beside the janitors? Or would they spam the mod lover forum when the heartache begins?

==> moved to humanities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Aint nobody gonna stop anybody going out with er .....anybody as long as abc and xyz and are happy ,there happiness is all that matters (sigh) ;)

Loads of boardsies are already going out with eachother... LOADS!

Why tf not?
    Thats bollox challengemaster. If that were true then boards would crumble faster than a BGRH members liver functions. Theres 5 couples max here.

Ok we've got DesF and IB, nesf and simu, RB and Pythia, WWM and MAJD and snyper and himself. Apart from that Pighead can't think of many more. And if you retort with a list of more couples Pighead shall re-retort with a claim that they are SHAM couples.

boogle wrote: »
    What about if a person introduces their other half to the boards. Their relationship pre-dates boards joinage. What then? Huh?

They should just give their OH their password. As a matter of fact, there should be an amnesty for anyone currently involved in a torrid romance with a fellow boardsie. The admins should merge their accounts+post history. In the unfortunate event of a breakup, they each get a new separate account with half the post count, half the thanks, they divide equally the friends on their profile page/membership of social groups and any remaining subscription months are divided equally.

Their "relationship account" e.g. RbDegsy_ie will then be permabanned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

"We" are the guardians of the forums, the breadwinners of the boards family, coming here everyday to love, serve and protect the boards.ie logo, trademark and sponsorship ideals.

If you had a daughter who brought home a guy called, lets say snypperr, and said Daddy I love this man and want to marry him, what would you do? You'd kick the fcuk out of the snypperr fella and lock your daughter in a basement until the midlands meathead got the message and moved onto his next victim.

Thats what we as boards custodians shoudl be doing as well.

You should go to a Beers. You might fall in love.

As for snyper, he's not the worst. Now if she arrived home with you it would be pork for dinner and eye sight tests for her.

Advertisement