Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

Meant to say: I passed two guys near the bottom of Luggala heading in the direction of Enniskerry last Saturday. One was wearing a Boards jersey and was cycling a flat bar road bike, while the other was in a blue and black jersey and was on a white bike with drop bars. (He also had fluorescent green gloves on - I didn't get the bike models but couldn't miss those!)

If you're out there, I was the one in the blue, white and red Kraftwerk jersey who said hi.

HI!

Hello! His gloves were flourescent yellow before he washed them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Glad to hear it!
    Dónal wrote: »
    Hello! His gloves were flourescent yellow before he washed them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

I saw a guy wearing one in Finnegans in Dalkey at the weekend! tsk, tsk on the beer....not the bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Kenjd wrote: »
    I saw a guy wearing one in Finnegans in Dalkey at the weekend! tsk, tsk on the beer....not the bike :D

If he had a poncy hair do, it was probably Dirk Voodoo.

Raam wrote: »
    If he had a poncy hair do, it was probably Dirk Voodoo.

I mean Dirk Hairdoo, not Voodoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Kenjd wrote: »
    Not at the weekend but I was there on St Patrick's Day in my Boards jersey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I was the one in the blue, white and red Kraftwerk jersey who said hi.

I have one of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

In that case, maybe it was you said hi to them. :eek:

(I take it you were at the IMMA gig last Summer, by the way?)
    unionman wrote: »
    I have one of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

So, this is my lasting legacy to boards.ie....oh well, could be worse right? Right?

I laughed, well played sir!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    So, this is my lasting legacy to boards.ie....oh well, could be worse right? Right?

I laughed, well played sir!

Funnily enough, I'm aware of one boards cyclist who actually does get his hair done at Toni & Guy, but kept very quite about it when all of that slagging was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

blorg wrote: »

yeah I think it was Paddy's day! Cant remember! ;)

el tonto wrote: »
    Funnily enough, I'm aware of one boards cyclist who actually does get his hair done at Toni & Guy, but kept very quite about it when all of that slagging was going on.

You should get your money back, cos I never would have guessed it.

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous that yis have enough hair to style

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You should get your money back, cos I never would have guessed it.

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous that yis have enough hair to style

It ain't me.

It ain't me.

Ah sorry, totally misread that. I just saw an opening to attack and went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

In that case, maybe it was you said hi to them. :eek:

Stranger things have happened.
    (I take it you were at the IMMA gig last Summer, by the way?)

I was. One of 7 people there who wasn't bikkied off their head. Great gig, but more importantly, a very well made and nicely fitting cycling jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ChipPanBuddha

Spotted you passing through Dalkey on Paddy's Day evening alright. Recognised you from forum photos. Should have said hello but it was at the nasty squareabout at the end of the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Meant to say: I passed two guys near the bottom of Luggala heading in the direction of Enniskerry last Saturday. One was wearing a Boards jersey and was cycling a flat bar road bike, while the other was in a blue and black jersey and was on a white bike with drop bars. (He also had fluorescent green gloves on - I didn't get the bike models but couldn't miss those!)

That would have been me on the flat bars (Specialized Sirrus) in between breaking my chain twice. :( Wasn’t wearing a Boards jersey though, on my first Boards spin that Sat. so haven’t earned the right to don the sacred clothing. We were fairly bombing along that spot so we probably appeared to fuse together in your vision. It was Emty, Blorg and Kenmc in the Boards gear if I remember correctly.

Saw one just now! Headed in to Ranelagh towards town! Drop bars on what looked like something of a classic bike? Red?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Spotted this morning heading into East Point. Guy in boards jersey and shorts, blue backpack, road bike (dunno what make) with mudgaurds. RogerB again?

You passed me on north quays around IFSC and went down to O2, up towards port and back up East Wall Rd before heading into East Point. I was guy on hybrid with panniers, wearing yellow & black jersey. Followed you the whole way (at a distance) in East Point, tried to catch you to say hello but didn't have the legs!

MadHatter wrote: »
    Spotted this morning heading into East Point. Guy in boards jersey and shorts, blue backpack, road bike (dunno what make) with mudgaurds. RogerB again?

You passed me on north quays around IFSC and went down to O2, up towards port and back up East Wall Rd before heading into East Point. I was guy on hybrid with panniers, wearing yellow & black jersey. Followed you the whole way (at a distance) in East Point, tried to catch you to say hello but didn't have the legs!

No one catches RogerB.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

MadHatter wrote: »

Spotted stopped (fair play!) at the traffic lights outside pub on East Wall Road heading northbound around 9 this morning. I was beside you (in car). Apologies for no acknowledgement but in truth I was admiring the kit up close. Looks better than than the site shows them too. So if you noticed me I wasn't staring, merely admiring the kit!!!!

(Least ways I presume it was the same bloke!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Spotted somebody in full gear on Monday evening, south quays around 6.30.. on a dawes with mud gaurds. RogerB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

somebody passed marios pizzeria in terenure wearing a boards jersey, i was inside replacing lost fats from the kippure time trial by eating deep fat fried mozzarella balls,

mloc123 wrote: »
    Spotted somebody in full gear on Monday evening, south quays around 6.30.. on a dawes with mud gaurds. RogerB?
    That would be RogerB's bike all right, he is everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

That would be RogerB's bike all right, he is everywhere.

omni present Roger he passed me around 9.00 am at the junction of bride street and patrick street. I called after him but alas he was travelling faster than the speed of sound so my yell didnt make his ears ....

This thread should be renamed 'rogerb sightings'.

I can see him right now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

somebody passed marios pizzeria in terenure wearing a boards jersey, i was inside replacing lost fats from the kippure time trial by eating deep fat fried mozzarella balls,
    If it was a fred on a full sus, that was me. First time out in the Jersey since I hung it up before winter. Still chilly in the mornings!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I dunno, if I posted all the blorg sightings this would be the longest thread on boards! Saw him last night in boards jersey on the bowery at lambs cross on way back, but seems like every lunchtime or evening in last couple of weeks someone is getting some serious miles in down wickla way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah I'm displeased with all these RogerB sightings. I was doing quite good at the start, a highly identifiable yellow bike seems to do the job. I'll have to start doing circuits of Dublin city

Advertisement