Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Snapper1 wrote: »
    Yeah I grossly underestimated the amount of food I brought on the spin (

Heh, you looked in need of an ice-cream :)

Didn't beep as it happened, was pretty much past when I saw the boards jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

RogerB sighting Saturday in Crumlin with track bike and full boards kit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Blorg and Tiny flew past me this evening coming down past Hellfire car park.

Tiny,that bike sure does stand out.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Disco Bandit

there you go, never knew there was a boards cycling jumper anywhere till yesterday, i spotted one outside sarsfields in newbridge, and today i see this thread on the main page. what are the odds on that eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

there you go, never knew there was a boards cycling jumper anywhere till yesterday, i spotted one outside sarsfields in newbridge, and today i see this thread on the main page. what are the odds on that eh?

Yeah its abit mad alright. Theres loads of clubs/socs springing to life from boards. I know the boards football team will / have appeared on a segment of nationwide, theres an athletics club (not sure if they have boards.ie type singlets yet), a boards photography exhibition etc etc. the list goes on.

The boards babies are the weirdest of them all. Think DeVore has ownership of them all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Sighting:
    Airside, Swords, Trek (I think) full boards kit, red helmet, approx 6.30pm this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Red Langster up the NCR, through Phibsboro towards the park gates.

Oh, how I hoped you'd go through the red lights at Blackhorse Ave so I could scream it from the roofs here on boards!..

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Oh, how I hoped you'd go through the red lights at Blackhorse Ave so I could scream it from the roofs here on boards!..

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

The unionman ?

Gavin wrote: »
    The unionman ?

Best to assume that all boards sightings are rogerb until shown otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Dónal wrote: »

Wasn't him, cos he was in Howth with me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Raam wrote: »

I presume that was the 2 of you i seen heading toward sutton cross just before 7

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

peterk19 wrote: »
    I presume that was the 2 of you i seen heading toward sutton cross just before 7

Aye, thought that looked like you alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Aye, thought that looked like you alright.

yea i just noticed the jerseys but didnt have my contacts in so couldnt see the owners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

saw my first boards jerseys today, one waiting to turn left onto oscar trainor road from malahide road, and one coming towards the church on the malahide road just before the oscar trainor (out bound) both at around 6ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Yesterday evening around 6:45, turning off Ranelagh down Appian Way, on a white Scott...ScottReynolds I'm guessing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

rottenhat wrote: »
    Yesterday evening around 6:45, turning off Ranelagh down Appian Way, on a white Scott...ScottReynolds I'm guessing?

Assumed correctly..... I hate cycling that route. The South Side roads are MADNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

But you didn't!.

Nice pace.

THAT WAS ME!!!! Spotted at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Dónal wrote: »

'Twas definitely me. First time in a while going home that way, NCR road surface is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I'm a bit laggardly with the reporting but I'm sure I saw a boards jerseyed arm wave hello as it toiled up the Shay Elliott from the Glenmalure side on Saturday.
    Sorry for not waving back but I was not taking a finger of the bars on that downhill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

unionman wrote: »
    THAT WAS ME!!!! Spotted at last!

Ah, your 15 minutes of fame has arrived at last - :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭rflynnr

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Sighting:
    Airside, Swords, Trek (I think) full boards kit, red helmet, approx 6.30pm this evening.

That would have been me - frantic bid to get in some miles before W200. Monday was a glorious day for cycling though: I've never gone so fast by myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw a shed load of ye at the Orwell sportive just as ye turned up toward the sally gap!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

alfalad wrote: »
    Saw a shed load of ye at the Orwell sportive just as ye turned up toward the sally gap!!

Were you the guy in the Rapha jersey shouting at us?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Saw one yesterday at the Spire on O'Connell street,talking to 2 other lads looks like you had a bit of trouble as the bike was upside down,maybe fixing a puncture.

el tonto wrote: »
    Were you the guy in the Rapha jersey shouting at us?

Didn't think i was shouting nope saying a polite hello! But yes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We were wondering who it was. I was in the Orwell kit with Tiny.

el tonto wrote: »
    We were wondering who it was. I was in the Orwell kit with Tiny.

Was bit excited at seeing the famous pink px hence i prob shouted! And i was so blinded by it i didn't even look to see if i recognised the person next to him! Sorry el! Was great crowd at, was sorry i wasn't round for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It was more a roar of TINYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......!!!!! as you went by :)

Glad I made your day :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

saw a big group of boards jerseys at Lynham's in Laragh @ midday, was up that way to marshal on the Shay Elliott Memorial race

• Advertisement

It was more a roar of TINYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......!!!!! as you went by :)

Glad I made your day :p

It was one of the highlights of the day alright!;)

Advertisement