Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

I noticed a yellow bike (and even some yellow tyres) in front of me going along up the grand canal (towards Rathmines from Ranelagh) a few days ago - person on it had glasses, can't remember if they had a helmet or not. Was that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

No, not me I'm afraid. Bloody pretenders ripping off my colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Gavin wrote: »
    No, not me I'm afraid. Bloody pretenders ripping off my colour.

I didn't know you had the colour Yellow copyrighted.

I'll make sure I throw out my yellow jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    I didn't know you had the colour Yellow copyrighted.

I'll make sure I throw out my yellow jersey!

I can grant dispensations. If the whim takes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Gavin wrote: »
    I can grant dispensations. If the whim takes me.

Nice one. Can I please keep my yellow jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Aquinas73 wrote: »
    Nice one. Can I please keep my yellow jersey?

no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

I was standing outside O'Shea's pub on the quays in D8 on Wednesday 18/03/2009 at about 18:05 and I saw a man wearing a boards jersey bombing past me around the corner and up the hill that is Bridge Street.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I saw one of ye today on Clonliffe Road about half past five.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭rogerb

Húrin wrote: »
    I was standing outside O'Shea's pub on the quays in D8 on Wednesday 18/03/2009 at about 18:05 and I saw a man wearing a boards jersey bombing past me around the corner and up the hill that is Bridge Street.

Sorry lads but ... it was almost certainly me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

I saw two folks in Boards jerseys, with one other person, sitting outside a cafe in Laragh at about midday today.
    Then I saw another on the way from Laragh to Sally Gap, though he was coming the opposite way.

In other news, I did my first century today. Probably woulda been easier if I'd went along with the plethora of boards people that were about instead of struggling on my own. ah well.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I saw two folks in Boards jerseys, with one other person, sitting outside a cafe in Laragh at about midday today.
    that probably niceonetom, Donal, TheClaw, i was there too, but i might have been inside when you spotted us.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭biker_joe

Spotted today in Donaghmeade, turning left into Grangemore, a boards.ie jersey, I was driving, it was around 2.30 .... Who was that ?

I was out earlier had to head back from eniskerry, was dying, cold coming on I think.

Biker Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

I know it's a little over a week ago but in the interest of fair and accurate recording of Boards Jersey sightings ((should anyone ever decide to write a thesis on the topic!) I need to mention a sighting at the top of the Bosberg - the final climb in the Tour of Flanders on Saturday April 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

biker_joe wrote: »
    Spotted today in Donaghmeade, turning left into Grangemore, a boards.ie jersey, I was driving, it was around 2.30 .... Who was that ?

Sounds like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

That would be me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Spotted one today. Around the country roads heading to Lexlip direction from Dunboyne. There were two cyclists I'm not sure on details as I was driving past!
    Still nice thing to see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

congo_90 wrote: »
    Spotted one today. Around the country roads heading to Lexlip direction from Dunboyne. There were two cyclists I'm not sure on details as I was driving past!
    Still nice thing to see :)

Twas me and Emty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Twas me and Emty :)
    Probably someone else... if it were you he would have mentioned the bike :)

so was it Ramm or Dirk ? the frame was white ??? Anyways who ever it was, I am in Clarehall, must hook up for a spin .....

Biker Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sorry, that was a "yes" to me in Belgium.

• Advertisement

Anyways who ever it was, I am in Clarehall, must hook up for a spin .....

Biker Joe

Sure thing, any time you like.

Kool. next week at some stage ?, am off the bike at the mo .... Raam are you ridin the swordscc league ?

Biker Joe

Kool. next week at some stage ?, am off the bike at the mo .... Raam are you ridin the swordscc league ?

Biker Joe

Sounds good. Yup, am riding the league. Yourself?

Yea I plan on doing a few. and defo all the TT's, i have rejoined the club after some years in the wilderness !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Yesterday, about 5.00 in Killiney (Vico Rd, overlooking the bay), at an ice-cream van. (€2 for a 99? Negative inflation my ar$e)

I was in the car, with chisler.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

spotted a mountain biker in jersey and shorts.
    yesterday at about 12, looked to be heading down toward ticknock from lambs cross. Gave the boards triple beep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

MTB'er cycling in the Enniskerry direction from Ballinastoe y'day morning (may 11am). I was in a group of 2, on a white bike, dressed in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

That wuz me, you woke me out of the Dubliners, hence the puzzled look you probably got. Was coming down past lamb doyles after a spin out though bothar nabreena, SG, Roundwood & Enniskerry - way behind on training for the etape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Snapper1

lukester wrote: »
    Yesterday, about 5.00 in Killiney (Vico Rd, overlooking the bay), at an ice-cream van. (€2 for a 99? Negative inflation my ar$e)

I was in the car, with chisler.

Puts hand up.

Yeah I grossly underestimated the amount of food I brought on the spin (coupled with a few wrong turns adding kms) so was delighted to see the ice cream van after coming over Killiney Hill.
    Was so famished that I would have paid double. Thanks for the beep, if that was you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

I saw 25 jerseys this morning spread across my floor. 6:53am when the bloody courier arrived with them.

Advertisement