Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards WWE Draft challenge - Roster submissions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Ok Guys For My Next Pick I am going to Bite The Bullet & Choose a Diva. The Diva i have chosen i believe is def one of the best women wrestlers. She May Not Be the Best Looking But Lads Ye Know Ye Would..:P:P:P

Victoria

Championships and accomplishments
    Victoria is a two-time WWE Women's Champion
    Victoria is a two-time WWE Women's Champion

* Debbie Kruck Fitness Classic
    o Tall Class – 1st place (1999)[8]
    * ESPN2 Fitness America Series
    o 1st place (1997)[8]
    o 2nd place (1998)[8]
    * Lifequest Triple Crown
    o Top 20 (1997)[8]
    * National Cheerleading Association
    o NCA All-American Award
    * National Physique Committee
    o NPC Inland Empire, Middleweight – 1st place (1995)[8]
    o NPC Team Universe, Tall Class – 2nd place (1999)[8]
    * Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    o PWI Woman of the Year (2004)[63]
    * Women's Tri-Fitness
    o Ironwoman Tri-Fitness – 4th overall (1998)[8]
    * World Wrestling Entertainment
    o WWE Women's Championship (2 times)[9]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I'm resisting the urge to pick my diva this time round. My 7th pick is a guy i thought would be gone before now. The Shamen of Sexy, The Tuesday Night Delight, John Morrison

Great athlete, great on the mic and he's a wrestler that knows how to rise a crowd. He's also one of the best things on ECW at the moment. He'll be a great addition to the midcard of my roster.

OVW Southern Tag Team Championship (1 time)[56] - with Joey Mercury
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Tag Team of the Year (2005) - with Joey Mercury[57]
    PWI ranked him #56 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the year in the in the PWI 500 in 2007[58]
    World Wrestling Entertainment
    ECW Championship (1 time)[59]
    WWE Intercontinental Championship (2 times)[60]
    WWE Tag Team Championship (4 times)[61] - with Joey Mercury (3) and The Miz (1, current)
    WWE Tough Enough III co-winner with Matt Cappotelli

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

For years I couldn't give two ****s about women's wrestling but my 7th pick changed all that

Gail Kim
    gailkimtnaxy1.jpg

She is the woman who I firmly believe to be the best female technichal wrestler in history by a mile and is one half of the feud that kick started the current explosion of women's wrestling.Not only does she have great technichal ability but she is the Queen of ring psychology. She is also the woman who can get the best out of the big women as her feud with Awesome Kong showed meaning she should be a perfect fit for Chyna.

She has a unique look being the only female Asian I can remember being involved in wrestling since Kai-en-Tai. She is the only women ever to be the Women's champ in both TNA and the WWE. She joins such elite company as Carlito as being one of the few wrestlers to win a belt on her debut.She was the first ever TNA women's champion .She is also more than accomplished as a manager having had success with the second best tag team (after the Miz and Morrison) of the last 5 years, America's Most Wanted#

A rundown of one of the best feuds of any gender this decade

Considering how well Kong vs. Kim did for TNA one can only wonder how good Chyna vs. Kim would do

Gail Kim vs. Victoria

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My Next Choice is Chavo Guerrero
    recorte.php?id=LCO&type=Ies&xref=20061113ctoultnot_15

* PWI ranked him # 17 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI 500 in 2004.[70]

* World Championship Wrestling

* WCW Cruiserweight Championship (2 times)[5]
    * WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[71] - with Corporal Cajun

* World Wrestling Entertainment

* ECW Championship (1 time)[60]
    * WWE Cruiserweight Championship (4 times)[5]
    * WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times)[8] - with Eddie Guerrero

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Tag Team of the Year (2002) with Eddie Guerrero

And 1 more thing..He is 37 YEARS OLD !!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

My Next pick is The Iron Sheik !

AAHF154_8x10-No350~Iron-Sheik-Posters.jpg

A former World Champion and one of the most hated Heels in the WWF/E's history ! . With himself and Sargent Slaughter i a have ready made feud.

* Georgia Championship Wrestling

* NWA National Television Championship (1 time)

* International Association of Wrestling

* IAW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    * IAW Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Brian Costello

* Maple Leaf Wrestling

* NWA Canadian Heavyweight Championship (Toronto version) (2 times)

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

* NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* NWA All-Star Wrestling

* NWA Canadian Tag Team Championship (Vancouver version) (1 time) - with the Texas Outlaw

* NWA New Zealand

* New Zealand British Commonwealth Championship (1 time)

* NWA 2000

* NWA 2000 American Heritage Championship (1 time)

* Pacific Northwest Wrestling

* NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Bull Ramos

* World Wrestling Federation | World Wrestling Entertainment

* WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2005)
    * WWF Championship (1 time)
    * WWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time)

* PWI ranked him # 134 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.
    * PWI ranked him # 96 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with the Nikolai Volkoff in 2003.

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter

* Most Underrated Wrestler award in 1980

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

My pick for this round is the manager of champions, Sensational Sherri

19910688_118200121066.jpg

A wwe hall of famer and former Womens Champion, she has managed champions like Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels and Macho Man Randy Savage.

Achievements:

* American Wrestling Association
    o AWA World Women's Championship (3 times)

* AWA Superstars of Wrestling
    o AWA World Women's Championship (1 time)

o WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2006
    o WWF Women's Championship (1 time)

* Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    o Manager of the Year award in 1991

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Junkyard Dog

JYD was one of the most popular wrestlers of the '80s. If you've seen him in the WWF then you know that the fans loved him, but if you've seen him in Mid South then you'll know that they absolutely adored him

In the southern states he wasn't just one of the most popular wrestlers, he was one of the most popular sportspeople. That was in large part due to his charisma. One of MMA's most charismatic fighters, Quinton Jackson, was a huge JYD fan growing up and he has influenced him

Some notable accomplishments:
    USWA Heavyweight champion
    Mid-South North American champion
    Wrestling Observer feud of the year vs Ted DiBiase in 1982
    Winner of WWF's The Wrestling Classic tournament
    PWI Most Inspirational wrestler of 1980

Sorry for taking almost a full day guys. Hadn't been at a PC much, and when i was, i wasn't able to get onto boards :confused:

Regardless....

Wrestling has never been just about.. you know... wrestling.

No, the entertainment side comes into play a lot too. In my opinion, this man is possibly the greatest non-wrestling entertainer WWE's had in the past decade. I loved when he was a GM and thoroughly enjoyed his skits, storylines and so forth.

Indeed, Eric was a reason I'd tune into raw. The cowardly, deceiving manager that everyone loved deep down. From his often-hilarious stints with Austin, realistic reactions in different situations, and his [kayfabe] excellent match concepts (Elimination chamber [/kayfabe], I think Eric is a great addition to my roster.

I used to tune into see what he is getting up to.. I'm sure others would too.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

I think this might come as a bit of a surprise selection.

So far my roster is full of intense athletes, skilled technicians,straight out heels and bad guy tweeners.

Which is great, but I really need some true babyfaces that all the people,especially the kiddywinks, can get behind and cheer and make their parents to part with a lot of the lucrative merchandise dollars.

So with that in mind, who is a bigger babyface than your friendly neighbourhood superhero

133176952_small.jpg

The Hurricane and his SuperHero In Training,Rosey.

Great for the kiddies to get behind.
    Decent mid card tag team that can be used for developing other wrestlers.
    And I was always able to have a bit of a giggle at some of their backstage antics

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

my next pick is a relatively new wrestler but here we go anyways.
    Image:Kofi_Kingston_Rosemont_IL_031108.jpg

i think he is a breath of fresh air in wwe at the moment. i always enjoy his matches since he arrived. i also think he could make a great heel aswell. He already is intercontinental champion. hopefully he gets pushed but not to early

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

My next pick is based purely about getting a guy who I always believed was an awesome worker and on top of that getting another guy who at his peak could really go too. They teamed up on Velocity a few times introducing:

Ultimo Dragon and Billy Kidman

03.jpg

28.jpg

Now, for anyone that has only seen them in the WWE, there’s a danger this pick may look kind of strange. But for fans who watched them in WCW, they’ll know that at their peak, both of these guys were really, really good workers who were pivotal in the success of the cruiserweight division in WCW.

Ultimo Dragon
    I am a huge fan of Ultimo Dragon. Undoubtedly in the 1990’s Dragon was one of the top workers in the world working in America, Japan and Mexico blending wrestling styles from all 3 areas making him so much fun to watch. Jericho once said about him:
    "I worked with Dragon for about a year straight. Asai is probably my favorite opponent that I ever worked with."

A list of his awards in the Observer:
    Ultimo Dragon- PPV Matches in WCW rated 3 ½ stars or better by the Observer= 16

Most Under rated 2003

Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame Inductee 2004

Really good tribute video for Dragon (Again if you’ve never seen him at his best, it’s really worth watching):

Kidman

If you only know Billy Kidman by his WWE run, your missing the boat. In WCW, he was consistently entertaining, putting on really good matches in the cruiser weight division and he was over too.

His Observer record:
    Billy Kidman- PPV Matches in WCW rated 3 ½ stars or better by the Observer= 17

Mysterio v Billy Kidman in WCW:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura and introducing…..

Jerry Lynn has wrestling debut in 1988 and had wrestled in WWF, ECW and TNA as well as a short stint in WCW. He is slightly bigger than your usual high-flyer, but is equally as adept in the art form. He was criminally underused during his stint in WWF, but is still regarded as one of the worlds top in-ring performers.

List of achievements:
    PWA (Pro Wrestling America) Light Heavyweight title defeating Johnny Love (January 24, 1990);
    PWA (Pro Wrestling America) Light Heavyweight title defeating The Lightning Kid (January 14, 1991); PWA/GWF Light Heavyweight title defeating The Lightning Kid (December 27, 1991);
    PWA Tag Team titles w/The Lightning Kid defeating Tony Denucci & Tommy Ferrera (March 2, 1993); ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) Heavyweight title ();
    WWF (World Wrestling Federation) Light Heavyweight title ();
    NWA World Tag Team titles w/AJ Styles defeating The Rainbow Express in a Tournament (July 3, 2002); NWA (Total Nonstop Action) X-Division title defeating AJ Styles and Low Ki (August 28, 2002);
    NWA (Total Nonstop Action) X-Division title defeating AJ Styles (November 6, 2002);
    NWA World Tag Team titles w/Amazing Red defeating Chris Daniels & Elix Skipper (April 16, 2003); WWA Cruiserweight title defeating Chris Sabin in a Tournament ();
    IWA: Mid South Wrestling Heavyweight title defeating Danny Daniels ();
    NYWC (New York Wrestling Connection) Heavyweight title defeating Matt Striker (in a Tag match) (July 30, 2005);
    GCW (Gateway Championship Wrestling) Heavyweight title defeating Trent Stone and Cameron Cage - 3-WAY (January 21, 2006);
    USWO (United States Wrestling Organization) Television title defeating Michael Jablonski and Arrick Andrews (February 16, 2007);
    NYWC (New York Wrestling Connection) Interstate title defeating Jerry Lynn (February 24, 2007);
    AAW (All American Wrestling) Heavyweight Title defeating Marek Brave (May 19, 2007);
    IWA Texas-ACW (Anarchy Championship Wrestling ) Heavyweight title defeating Scott Summers (June 10, 2007)
    WWA International Cruiserweight Championship
    PWI ranked him # 281 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003 PWI
    Most Improved Wrestler of the Year Award (1999)
    IWC Super Indy Champion
    UWA Heavyweight Champion
    3XW World Heavyweight Championship
    CWA Heavyweight Championship
    ECWA Super 8 Tournament winner (2007)
    IWC Super Indy VII tournament winner (2008)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I'm busy at the moment so will add pics etc later but my next pick is:

Supercrazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm going for some more with the team of Kai En Tai!. The team of Taka Michinuku and Funaki. I'll add youtube and stuff later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I am very surprised this guy is still available at this late stage. While he is more known for his runs in ECW and indeed WCW, he also had 2 seperate runs in WWE, even once winning the Intercontinental title. He is the man who was more educated than the rest of us, the man who HHH stole the idea for his gimmick from, he is the man who on winning the NWA title delivered a massive promo and dumping that very title into the bin ........................................................................

Thats right folks, my next choice is Shane Douglas

The rest of his achievements are as follows

* Border City Wrestling
    o BCW Can-Am Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[8]

* Eastern Championship Wrestling | Extreme Championship Wrestling
    o ECW World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)1
    o ECW World Television Championship (2 times)
    o NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)²

* International Wrestling Association
    o IWA Heavyweight Champion (Ohio version) (1 time)

* Major League Wrestling
    o MLW Heavyweight Championship (1 time, First)[9]

* Midwest Wrestling United
    o MWU Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* New Era Wrestling
    o NEW Northeast Heavyweight Championship (2 times)

* North American Wrestling Alliance
    o NAWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Pro Wrestling Xpress
    o PWX Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Southeastern Championship Wrestling
    o NWA Southeastern Continental Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Lord Humongous

* Southern Championship Wrestling
    o SCW Heavyweight Champioonship (1 time)

* Superstar Wrestling Federation
    o SWF Heavyweight Championship (1 time) [10]

* USA Pro Wrestling
    o USA Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Championship (1 time) [11]

* United States Wrestling League
    o USWL Unified Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Universal Wrestling Federation

* UWF World Television Championship (1 time)

* World Championship Wrestling
    o WCW Hardcore Championship (1 time)
    o WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
    o WCW World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Ricky Steamboat (1) and Buff Bagwell (1)

* World Wrestling Federation
    o WWF Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

* Xtreme Pro Wrestling
    o XPW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)[12]

* Superstar Wrestling Federation
    o SWF Heavyweight Championship

o PWI ranked Douglas #82 of the 100 best tag teams of the PWI Years in 2003 - with Ricky Steamboat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It's late and I'm almost positive this guy hasn't been chosen yet, but if he is I apologise and will change it in thew morning.

My 7th draft pick is... You-man-ga!

Here's his debut:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Rd1: Hulk Hogan
    Rd2: John Cena
    Rd3: Yokozuna
    Rd4: Jimmy "Superfly Snuka,
    Rd5: Tazz & Raven
    Rd6: Don Muraco & Cowboy Bob Orton

I could probably have waited till atleast the next round to make this pick but this guy really could be important when you consider who ive already rosterd therefore.

Rd7:Mr Fuji
    43098944lj9ki0.jpg

Mr Fuji is a former 5 time WWWF/WWF World Tag Team Championship with Toru Tanaka (3) and Mr. Saito (2) but is most well known for his role as a manager.He played a great comic heel character and managed Yokozuna, Don Muraco and Cowboy Bob Orton all of whom are on my roster already among others during his time in the WWE. Also well known for his signature "Salt Assault" aswell as his memorable laugh both of which are actually used today by the Miz and Morrison during their show "The Dirt Sheet".

the below Youtube links show Mr Fuji managing two members of my roster (Yokozuna & Muraco) and showcase first his comedic side (so bad its hilarious) and secondly in a wm recap where the last 1m30 see his salt throwing abilities and mismanagement of Yokozuna in the main-event.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

"Here she comes again, like good medicine..."

2695323129_1bc55acce8.jpg?v=0

I feel it's about time I chose a lovely Diva to appeal to my 18-34 age demographic and in my eyes I need someone with sexiness, attitude, charisma and who the fans will care about so I can't think of anyone better than the lovely...Maria!

Maria burst on the scene via the Diva Search in 2004 but unlike so many of the women who passed through the WWE via that contest, Maria has shown a fierce determination to do well and a great respect for the wrestling industry. It's hardly surprising that Paul Heyman calls her the most dedicated diva in wrestling since she was pitching booking ideas to him whilst in OVW! She has also shown a willingness to better herself in the ring and has stated one of her goals is to be a women's champion. She's not afraid to put her body on the line as was seen when Umaga destroyed her on one occasion.

Maria has a great connection with the audience and plays her ditzy, naive character very well and to great comedic effect as was seen with her storyline with Santino as well as Ron Simmons.

Maria is a great asset to my roster and I know lots of people will tune in to see her. Did I mention she's blooody gorgeous?!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine & Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake

I don't have time to write something up, but i'll be back later.

A pick on behalf of bold boy michael.etc who missed his turn, and he has decided to go for the man of a thousand masks...Mil Mascaras!

02.jpg

A legendary Mexican Luchadore who made several appearances in WWE and even feuded with SuperStar Billy Graham for the heavyweight championship of the world.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm breaking from my plan and going with an even "older" pick than some of my other ones. I don't think it's who Fozzy is thinking of picking but I've decided to go with him anyway.

This man is a legend, one of the greatest from the post war-era and one that I think could adapt and work with the wrestlers I have, especially 1 in particular. Introducing, the often copied:

Nature Boy Buddy Rogers

Memory-BuddyRogers01-large.gif

Here's a list of his accomplishments:

- First ever WWWF champion.

- NWA World Heavyweight champion

- Inducted in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame in it's inaugural year.

- Ranked 10th in the Top 100 Pro-Wrestlers of all time by (John Molinaro, Jeff Mareck and Dave Meltzer)

- Ranked the 4th greatest wrestler ever by wrestlingperspective.com

Here's a quick bio. on him:
    Professional Success: AWA (Al Haft), NWA and WWWF champion. Considered one of the greatest workers of the postwar era.

Importance to History: A bleached blond blowhard who was the macho version of Gorgeous George. Every blowhard afterward, from Fred Blassie to Ric Flair, is in his debt. Practically invented the art of the interview. One of the few wrestlers who knew how to use the tube to his advantage.

How Good in the Ring: One of the smoothest and most consistent workers when healthy. His ego led to more than a few locker room skirmishes, the most famous of which was the confrontation with Karl Gotch and Bill Miller.

Drawing Power: Women loved his arrogant bluster with a sense that they knew it was no act. Men hated him but came out in droves to see him anyway. Along with Rocca and Thesz, the drawing card of the Fifties.

Mainstream Status: Featured in many magazine articles and appeared on quite a few television shows. Even made the pages of Mad Magazine in 1964, in a parody entitled “Angry Magazine.” Buddy shares a round-table forum with boxer Sonny Liston, labor leader Walter Reuther, and U.S. Sen. Barry Goldwater. Highlight was a drawing of Rogers trapped in a leglock by Goldwater.

And video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Vince just picked a precursor to "Nature Boy" Ric Flair, I'm going to pick the guy who was cerebral before Triple H was out of pampers. My eight draft pick is...

Wladek "Killer" Kowalski
    kowalski_young.jpg

Here is a video of him against Bruno Sammartino:

For my next pick, im going to put a heel on my roster.. A heel whom i felt was hugely under-rated by people...

Definitely one of the best in recent years in my opinion. He was edgy, controversial and hated (a little too edgy, controversial and hated, apparently).

Yes indeed, some people cant understand that wrestling isn't real, and he was pulled from our TV screens forever :(

However, during his time, i felt he was one of the absolute best characters on RAW (and later SmackDown!). He was also pretty smooth in the ring aswell i thought. Wasn't afraid to do big spots, (Powerbomb through the stage, thrown through the front of the announcer's desk... or was Daivari thrown through the front of the announcers desk?) and played his character convincingly, and well overall excellently as far as i am concerned. From spitting on the ground during his intro's to his brilliant character-specific theme music and being carried to the ring at the Great American Bash, i feel they used him very well.

Another reason i chose Muhammad Hassan is because of the media attention he got WWE in magazines, newspapers, etc. across the US, which is tough to do in 2008. Albeit, no media outlets really looked at WWE's Hassan character in a positive way, but better to be looked down on than not looked at all in my opinion. Any media attention is good media attention. And we all know how much WWE loves media attention.

Random Youtube video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ric Flair, The Fabulous Freebirds, Dusty Rhodes, Demolition, Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventura, Jerry Lynn and introducing…..

Juventud Guerrera

JUVI.jpg

“Mexican powers is an expression, a form to be, a form to represent and to fight inside to our enemy and outside ring, with punishment and technique to be able to be a form or an example to follow for the following generations”

Juventud Guerrera made his wrestling debut in 1992 and since then has wrestled in many of the top promotions all over the world, WCW, WWA and WWE to mention a few. He was trained by his father, Fuerza Guerrera as well as, Pepe Casas and Cacique Mara. Juventud embraces the ‘Lucha Libre’ style of wrestling with his fast paced and high-flying moves. With much wrestling experience and an impressive list of achievements, Juvi is a valuable member to any roster.

List of achievements:
    WWA (Mexico) World Lightweight title defeating Rey Mysterio Jr. (October ??, 1993); (Mexico) National Tag Team titles w/Fuerza Guerrera defeating Latin Lover & Heavy Metal (December 2, 1994);
    (Mexico) National Tag Team titles w/Fuerza Guerrera defeating Panterita del Ring & Heavy Metal (September 18, 1995);
    WWA (Mexico) World Lightweight title defeating Rey Mysterio Jr. in a tag team match (March 2, 1995);
    WWA (Mexico) World Tag Team titles w/Fuerza Guerrera defeating Rey Mysterio Jr. & Rey Mysterio Sr. (March 2, 1995);
    WWA (Mexico) World Trios titles w/Psicosis & Fuerza Guerrera defeating Rey Mystrio Jr. & El Hijo del Santo & Octagon (April 30, 1995);
    WWA (Mexico) World Welterweight title defeating El Hijo del Santo (April 28, 1996); WCW World Cruiserweight title defeating Ultimo Dragon (January 8, 1998);
    WCW World Cruiserweight title defeating Chris Jericho (August 8, 1998);
    WCW World Cruiserweight title defeating Billy Kidman (November 16, 1998);
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight title defeating Jushin Liger (November 29, 1999);
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards: Best Flying Wrestler (1998, 1999)
    WCW World Tag Team titles w/Rey Mysterio Jr. defeating Vampiro & Great Muta (August 14, 2000);
    IWA (Puerto Rico) World Junior Heavyweight title won a Four Way Match (October 26, 2000);
    WWAS (World Wrestling All Stars) International Cruiserweight title defeating Psicosis (October 19, 2001);
    WWAS (World Wrestling All Stars) International Cruiserweight title defeating Psicosis (October 26, 2001);
    XWF (Xtreme Wrestling Federation) Cruiserweight title defeating Kid Kash (November 14, 2001);
    XLAW (Mexico) Junior Heavyweight title defeating Crazy Boy (October 3, 2004);
    Big Time Wrestling: BTW United States Light Heavyweight Championship;
    International Wrestling All-Stars : IWAS Tag Team Championship
    International Wrestling Association : IWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship
    Nu-Wrestling Evolution :NWE Cruiserweight Championship (First–ever champion)
    Universal Wrestling Association :UWA World Tag Team Championship
    World Wrestling Council : WWC World Junior Heavyweight Championship
    Xtreme Wrestling Federation : XWF World Cruiserweight Championship
    Xtreme Latin American Wrestling : XLAW Extreme Junior Championship
    WWC (World Wrestling Council) World Junior Heavyweight title defeating Alex Montalvo (November 25, 2004);
    WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Cruiserweight title defeating Nunzio (October 19, 2005);
    WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Cruiserweight title defeating Nunzio (November 21, 2005);
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated ; PWI ranked him # 126 of the best 500 singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2005.
    Mexician National Atómicos titles w/Pscosis & Crazy Boy & Joe Lider defeating El Cuervo & Ozz & Escoria & Chessman (November 18, 2006);

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

My eight round draft pick is King Kong Bundy. A great monster heel who knows how to use his strength to great effect and had surprising good agility for his size. He also headlined Wrestlemania in a match with Hogan in WM2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

My Next pick is none other than Nikolai Volkoff , With Sargent Slaughter and The Iron Sheik i have interchangeable feuds and an excellent 3 way feud. Best photo i could find.

353215402_95e9eb19db_o.jpg

* Championship Wrestling from Florida

* NWA Florida Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Ivan Koloff

* Georgia Championship Wrestling

* NWA Georgia Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

* Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

* NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Chris Markoff

* Mid-South Wrestling

* Mid-South North American Championship (1 time)

* NWA Detroit

* NWA World Tag Team Championship (Detroit version) (1 time) - with Boris Volkoff

* World Wrestling Association

* WWA World Tag Team Championship (2 times) - with Angelo Poffo and Boris Volkoff [3]

* WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2005)
    * WWF World Tag Team Championship (1 times) - Iron Sheik (1)
    * WWF International Tag Team Championship (3 times) - with Geto Mongol (2) and Johnny De Fazio (1)

* PWI ranked him # 136 of the 500 best singles wrestlers during the "PWI Years" in 2003.
    * PWI ranked him # 96 of the 100 best tag teams of the "PWI Years" with the Iron Sheik in 2003.

Other Titles

* NWF Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Gito Mongol
    * World Wide Wrestling Alliance Intercontinental Championship (1 time)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Sable

There's only one person who I wanted for this round, and that's Sable. Possibly the most over woman ever at one point in her career

She wasn't a great wrestler by any means, so I'm not going to use her as a wrestler. She will be a valet. A valet who all the women want to be and who all the men come to see!

It's hard to explain how over she was ten years ago when today we've got an oversaturation of divas in WWE. She was one of a kind back then, and while not as talented as some others, she had something that the fans liked a lot

A few accomplishments:

WWF Women's champion
    Miss Slammy Award winner
    Three Playboy covers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

after only a moments thought my pick is...

Rd8: Ron Simmons

ronsimmonswcwbelt.jpg

The First African-American to win a world title, The former leader of The Nation of Domination and one half of the APA/Acolytes aswell as a comedic talent.

the links below show him winning the WCW title and him giving a DAMN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

hmm I'm torn between 3 picks for this round but i'm going to go with the one that i feel has the most chance of being picked this round. (and hope MNG gives me a low number next round :P)

My Pick for this round is.....Tyson Tomko!

Worked great as chritians enforcer and is a talented athlete in his own right.

"Tomko give me a beat"

(on another note i noe have Christians coalition from TNA :P

• Advertisement

"It's Ghetto Blaster time, fool!"

02.jpg

I feel I have a nice balance of heels and faces but now it's time to add a wildcard into the mix. For my Eight Round pick I've decided to choose one of the first well known tweeners in the wrestling business and one of the legit toughest guys the industry has ever seen...Bad News Brown!

Bad News Brown (aka Bad News Allen prior to WWE) was a Judo expert and bronze medal winner at the 1976 Olympic Games. A star of Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling before joining the WWE in the late eighties, Bad News Brown is often regarded as a precursor to the Stone Cold character because Bad News would often double cross both babyfaces and heels and aligned himself with no one. He was a loner who simply enjoyed inflicting pain on anyone who crossed his path. He would demonstrate this characteristic at back to back Survivor Series appearances when he walked out on his heel teammates both times.

Bad News also had run-ins with two guys on my roster. Bret Hart, who he eliminated at Wrestlemania IV to win a Battle Royal, and Roddy Piper who he fought to a double count-out at Wrestlemania VI. He also enjoyed main event feuds with Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan as well as a memorable feud with Jake Roberts.

Here's a quality video of him doing what he did best - owning people!

Away from the ring he was also a very tough man and even had Andre the Giant back down from him when he confronted him after Andre called him the N word (something Dynamite Kid speaks about in his book). You can hear Bad News talk about this below which I think was shortly before he died:

Bad News also had good mic skills and a fun personality as he demonstrated when he appeared on the Arsenio Hall show during his feud with Jake Roberts. Really funny interchange between the two men as Bad News threatens to teach him some respect. You don't give Bad News lousy food!

All in all I think Bad News is a top pick. A man ahead of his time, there are a lot of good bouts he can have with my other draft picks whilst his edgy persona will add an extra dimension to my roster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement