Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang Bang rules

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

bang bang rules are not rules though. they ARE guide lines. it is a CURTOSY not a right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

depends on the site, at ctg there rules there rules that are put down by the site owner

but you cant guarentee a bang kill will always be given as reaction trigger pulls are always going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

bang bang rules are not rules though. they ARE guide lines. it is a CURTOSY not a right.

"Bang bang rule" as way that guide line suppouse to work

Welcome to the world of airsoft where commoln sense should eb applyed i do nto play airsoft in 100% win and loss, if you want that go play paintball, the bang bang rule will not work out 100% of the time but boo hoo so what grow up and go back to having fun.

The bang bang rule is there foir safety primerily so it has nothign to do with balanced game play or anything, its in place for a reason it will not work out all the time and common sense should be applyed.

Peoples view on teh bang bang rule and how they react to it really do show how they play the game, people that come form a more competitive background seem to see it differant to the milsim people.

Mistakes will happen but normaly there clearly mistakes, other times its clearly a ultra competitive person or a complete a******** 'having a laught' this people normaly do not last long.

But they are rules at most sites and should be followed even if for example there is a chance the other person will nto follow the rules, i hate when people tunr around and go 'well they did it'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Puding wrote: »
    Welcome to the world of airsoft where commoln sense should eb applyed i do nto play airsoft in 100% win and loss, if you want that go play paintball, the bang bang rule will not work out 100% of the time but boo hoo so what grow up and go back to having fun.

The bang bang rule is there foir safety primerily so it has nothign to do with balanced game play or anything, its in place for a reason it will not work out all the time and common sense should be applyed.

Peoples view on teh bang bang rule and how they react to it really do show how they play the game, people that come form a more competitive background seem to see it differant to the milsim people.

Mistakes will happen but normaly there clearly mistakes, other times its clearly a ultra competitive person or a complete a******** 'having a laught' this people normaly do not last long.

But they are rules at most sites and should be followed even if for example there is a chance the other person will nto follow the rules, i hate when people tunr around and go 'well they did it'

And I 100% agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭crazymonkey

good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Iv decided to avoid confusion, I wont be offering bang kills anymore(as it is a courtesy, not an obligation). It'll be a single shot if anything cos Im tired of all the BS over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

just let this thread die

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

heh its an annoyance alright, i remember all the times id play paintball, there was no quoble over the bang rule there, youd get the newcomers or whatever, and theyd turn down your bang offering, they get a pop in the torso, and unlike airsoft, from within ten feet it really really hurts.

i have to say now ive been shot from fairly close in airsoft now ( remember sprinting right into the enemy in rolling assault) and it doesnt hurt me personally.

Also, considering most players are wearing heavy enough camo, with flak jackets and tac vests, a couple off bb's even from ten feet are not going to hurt...at all

Im still new to the whole skirmishing thing, but i still personally offer bang kills, from a paintball habit.... but i can quickly see myself losing this habit, unless im like toe to toe with someone ill offer a bang kill

at the end of the day its a courtesy, if you find more fun giving mercy thats great for you, but for me its combat simulation and the fun is shooting someone, so thats what ill do

although, ill always take a bang kill giving if i feel its well merited ( outa respect for getting the jump on me)

but if someone bang kills me from front on you can be sure they are gna get hit...

• Advertisement

Iv decided to avoid confusion, I wont be offering bang kills anymore(as it is a courtesy, not an obligation). It'll be a single shot if anything cos Im tired of all the BS over it.

for me that is stupid and irresponsible comment to make, and also against the rules at some sites (i hope all)

speaking as a person who has played in the old HRTA (engagement ranges of 20ft MAX) and having taken full auto/burst and single shots at ranges as low as 5 feet, i'd be in complete agreement with harekin. and i dont see it as being irresponsible. after all, they cant injure you and you should be wearing face protection. at the end of the day it is a contact sport and its not all that sore. i can see why paintball uses it as skin can be broken and huge welts left behind and thats fine, but that just doesnt happen in airsoft. you're more likely to be injured by a branch snapping back on you or pulling a muscle lugging a heavy aeg around.
    people got hit in the head multiple times at close enough ranges the other week with bursts of fire when they were in the APC and the had eye protection on, guess what, nobody was injured and nobody bitched about hits. IT JUST DOESN'T HURT THAT MUCH.

if i walk up behind somebody on there own i'll offer the bang but if they make any movement or look as though they have heard me i'll shoot. its a stupid rule to have. if its not a rule, people would still be able to offer it and accept it if they felt so inclined but there would be no more moaning about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Look lads ,
    before this goes to all hell (if it hasnt already)
    individual sites do have there own rules as regards the bang rule.
    when on a site , you follow the site's rules.
    In cork for instance its inside 10 feet - offer the bang ,if it isnt taken then a single shot to the thigh / torso.

Bottom line , follow the rules of the site you are on - got a problem with one of their rules then deal with it there and then.this isnt the place.

the thing is, site rules have been laid out (for the most part) in accordence with what players will accept. some sites dont use it, others might prefer not to but mention it as a guideline to stop people moaning about being hit up close.

When a new site opens up, the rules implimented are copied from the other sites which opened before it.

If a site blindly copys another sites rules and does not look at there own ir even follow them, then that site needs something done, in my eyes the inability to follow a simple rule like teh bang bang rule show no selfcontrol and if you can not do this what other rules would you simply set fall by the way side.

I have no problem with being shot at close range, i shot my self at home from about 5mm away by mistake all teh time:rolleyes: but thats not the point.

i'm not saying that they dont look at them but they are copied from other sites, after all, they are all the same more or less....

but the first site in the republic only has the bang rule as people bitch and moan about safety even though it's perfectly safe to be hit at close range.
    if anything it should just be burst fire thats the rule which is whats used anyway?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Spitfire ,
    I'm going to make a few points then bow out of this discussion.

1) Players do not make the rules. you wont get united and liverpool meet up and say "screw this offside thing it's awkward" site owners define the rules , they MAY involve players in the process , they may decide not to. they may copy another sites rules , they may not.
    2) you play the rules of the site you are on.personally , i'm not keen on under 18s being allowed on sites . i'm going to the gathering on friday though and you wont find me giving out that under 18s are there for example.a simple case of martins site - martins rules.
    3) safety should be the number 1 thing for site owners and players.one accident and you have a claim on your hands.the media get hold of it and then its a whole new can of worms.safety isnt open to compromise.
    4) dont like the site's rules - dont play there.

each site has a list of rules you are given before you play ,read them and if you dont like them then back in the car and away home.if a site implements aa bang rule then fine , if they dont then i would ask them to clarify and if i wasnt happy with their rules - guess what ?? i wont play there.

ow its safe what a great argument yes its 'safe' in that it will not kill you or do 'harm' but its hurts at close range and it does cause bleeding, the rules are there to try and keep things fun and safe, both, there are idouts out there that like shottign people not for airsoft as a sport but liek causeing pain and shotting at clsoe range i know a number of them and there are a lot out there, the rules in my eyes are to stop this idouts,

it VERY VERY RARELY causes bleeding. i dont know how to say this without sounding like i am trying to cause an argument or sound hard so i'll just say it.

i don't like pain, i'm not a weirdo (debateable),
    i've played in a t-shirt heaps of times and been hit with burst fire with the aeg barrel less then 5 feet away on countless occasions. if a gun is legal, then the chances of causing bleeding are about the same if not less then if you tripped or got a splinter.

I offer the bang kill to people at times but it depends completly on the situation. if in in the open and the other person is in cover and i dont have the drop on the person completely, i will not say bang. i'll shoot 2 or 3 shots on single.
    if its a case of me walking up the side of a building and a person backs around a corner to me and hasn't a clue i'm there, i'll say bang. if he makes any movements to indicate anything other then a surrender, i'll shoot.
    if i'm running around a building and somebody is running the other way, i'll shoot regardless of distance if we come face to face as anything else just results in bitching as both people tend to say bang at the same time even though actualy hitting the person wouldn't be that easy.

i dont see that as being stupid/irresponsible or careless.

i wasnt trying to cause arguments, just discussing it.

i also understand that site rules are to be followed and thankfully, any site i've played at understand that "bang" is a courtesy and not a hard fast rule which you get in trouble for not offering it everytime.

i agree with what your saying, the problem is that not everyone has such a clear grasp and common sense, if everyone we played with was like you then there would be no need, but unfortunately rules are normally in place for the worse case scenario,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

i have to agree with harekin and spitfire myself, especially in situations where someone runs into a kill house or something and just shouts bang bang at everyone in there, even if you shoot you'll never get everyone so most of them are within their right to shoot back. myself and paul were marshalling in hrta last week and it got a bit sloppy with people ending up on top of eachother and a fair bit of bang killing, then you get dissagreements from it about who shot who first., so 2 very simple points, dont get within 10ft, thats why the BBs travel so fast. and 2, if you get shot, deal with it, it does sometimes hurt a little and im guilty also of taking a hit badly in a similar situation but that was my fault and i aoplogised to the guy that shot me., :)
    As mentioned regards the APC recently in hrta, that was myself and hivemind out the roof and i took a close range burst of about 15 to the side of the face and head, and i didnt even cry....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You're also guilty of getting 'bang banged' from a good 20 metres. That was borderline roflcopter.

Got to say lads, if this turns into health and safety soft, then I can't imagine staying interested in it as a sport. Mountainbiking and football are two sports that are widely played and accessible, and easily far more dangerous, even with the safety equipment. I'd be far more concerned about people:
    a) Losing the head/getting carried away
    b) Using broken/badly adjusted equipment
    c) Not knowing any of the rules/having no regard for them
    d) Not applying basic safety concepts

and of course:
    e) That are ruthlessly, uncontrollably stupid.

All that said, site rules are site rules, end of. But the other week I got banged from around a corner because the guy saw my gun for a second. I didn't argue, to avoid another row, but really, I play to get shot. Shoot me. If you're going to speak bbs at me then I might as well sell the gear and go back to using sticks like when I was 7.

Sticksoft: The fastest growing useless sport in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

kevteljeur wrote: »

Sticksoft: The fastest growing useless sport in Ireland.

Sticks can be pointy, so perhaps a soft rubber or foam stick could be used?

bwhahahaa., :D
    Sticksoft, comming to a retailer near you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm a complete newbie, and my first outing was at HRTA on Saturday last. Sneaking up around the 'lane' that runs around the whole field, there were two guys waiting behind a building no more than thirty feet away, so not knowing any better I got myself comfy in the mud, waited a bit and pulled the trigger. Needless to say screams of 'HIT!' rang around the field as BB's found their mark - mostly by luck.

Problem is, because I was hidden the trees I'm not sure if the bang rule would have been accepted. Should I have exposed my position by coming forward and using the bang rule? Or was pulling the trigger a bit stupid?

(On a side note, I was bang killed twenty seconds later by someone sneaking up behind me!)

Bang rule is only for less than 10 feet, hell its not even a rule.

The sport is about shooting each other.

It isn't sticksoft after all. :D

vtec wrote: »
    bwhahahaa., :D
    Sticksoft, comming to a retailer near you....

Eirstick.ie

Irelands first dedicated online sticksoft retailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Don't see any problems with what you done. You estimated the range to be 30 feet so were well within the "spirit" of airsoft by pulling the trigger at this range.

I definately wouldn't have given my position away. I wasn't there so don't know the exact situation but it sounds like you had a good position for sniping from. You may possibly have been able to pick off each of the two players individually and perhaps even got the thrid person who approached your rear if you had remained hidden.

Either way, a hit is a hit. Well done.

On the subject of bang kills.,

I had a really funny one a couple of weeks ago.. i had just re joined the game after being shot by one of the IAS lads and as i moved in I had a few people in my sights who didn't know i was there, harekin was in one of the kill house and there was a guy on the corner of another, i put a few rounds in harekins direction and then as i went to fire on the second guy (from about 60ft swear to god.,lol) he said "BANG BANG", i got confused and wasn't sure what he meant so i shot him anyway, and then ducked behind my cover, then came back up to find him still there and he said "BANG" again! so i gave his another burst and after that he was protesting that he had a shot on me and that i would be dead if it was real, ROFL... it was no less that 60FT AWAY!! i couldn't believe it, so i left the gaming field out of good sportsmanship and a little confused and the guy continued on down the field to shoot my team mates.....

that's one bang kill i wont forget in a hurry., hehehe :D

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Next we'll have silent bang kills, you just nod at the player to hit them.

Nod kills for the win.

Advertisement