Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang Bang rules

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I wish everyone had that sort of common cop on.

Just from reading dex's post above though, what a ****ing ridiculous situation.

At the very least, having a loaded airsoft gun pointed at the opponent to get a bang kill should be the minimum.

Combined with shooting anyone who ignores the bang kill, I think it would eliminate most of the messing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

actually, funny story from a couple of weeks ago, i was marshalling and this guy came up to the corner of one of the kill houses, he peeked arould the corner with his finger and said "bang" to the guy on the other side., rofl., :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Also one thing that pi**es me off...I had a nice position hidden where noone knew I was there. Enemy player walks in, and I whisper "bang" so not to be found by his teammates (eg. knife kill in real life). He walks outta where I was hidden and announces to his team "Im dead" thus giving away my position...is there a way to remedy this?

Nah, IMO for a "silent kill" you have to tap them on the shoulder. That kinda signifies slitting their throat. If you offer a bang, its just that, a BANG. Yeah, technically you could headshot them but even then its possible they'd scream out or tense and fire their weapon. I think its fair he called out, but only if he does it straight away right where he was standing. Shoulda poked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Shoot first ask questions later, best rule. Shoot safe body parts from close range. And don't shout "Bang, Bang" from other side of the field or when you don't have a clear shot. Yeah and one more thing it's just a game.

There is only point using bang bang rule when everybody does, if not you get shot. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Shiva wrote: »
    Its entirely feasible that the first you'll know they're not taking the bang kill is when they swing and fire on you. If they hit you before you manage to get off a shot, who takes the hit ? Them, because you offered a bang kill ? Well, no, because they aren't obliged to take it. You, because you could have taken the shot, but didn't ? Well, no, because you could as easily have shot rather than offer a bang kill which they aren't obliged to take.

And before anyone says "Oh, but airsoft depends on the honour system and one or both players should just take the hit because its a 20 second walk to the regen point"....please...if that were the case we wouldn't be having these endless discussions on hit taking and bang kills.

Not having a go at you Sam, or anyone else, but I really don't think you can legislate for bang kills - there are too many variables to consider, not least of which is the state of mind or personality of the person on the receiving end.

Best thing in my not very humble opinion is to just carry on with the bang kill being optional for both sides, and let a marshal sort it out if there's a strong difference of opinion on the field. Plus we all get to rehash it on Boards and swap bang kill stories later. Which is fun, lets face it :)

Ah sure what can you do,

I just made a suggestion, it was never intended to be a perfect solution, the old cliche, common sense isn't common comes to mind.

It would be nice if it was clear cut though, it just seems so obvious, how do people not get it still?

TBH I prefer the idea of the shot to the torso at close range, a bang kill should be a last resort anyway, why wouldn't you want to shoot someone :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

it should be optional, using common sense,

if you are going to use the rule you should have a line of site and be aiming your aeg - this should be one of the basics for these situations

if the person you are bang killing looks like they are going to fire on you - two body shots would be fair to avoid rows.

if the range is anyway in doubt - two shots to the body should be fine,

the same rule should apply for multiple targets, a body shot for each if you can manage it, this situation of shouting BANG BANG BANG !! and wiping out a squad is just plain silly. if someone is going to try that it should be re-named the rambo rule. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

it should just be done away with completely as a rule. if people then want to offer it if they have the drop on somebody, and they decide to accept, then so be it.
    even to say that semi auto only is a must when close has its problems. at the end of the day, if you have alot of buildings at a site then semi is all you'd be able to use. in old hrta (completely indoors) it wasn't semi or bang rules as much as short bursts. you got hit by a few bbs but where under no illusion that you where not hit. and 10 feet was a long way away in there at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

It is my understanding that airsoft is a combat simulation sport & in all earnest should be played as such.
    Shoot first & fill out the paperwork afterwards.

The "Bang" rule will only come into effect if all agree to it. Since it can't be decided on, maybe it's best to point your airsoft unit, give the option of the "Bang" & if it's not accepted, shoot.

I treat everyone as extreme prejudice, especially those trigger happy goons ( you know who you are ) on my own team.

For those whom can't measure distances visually, 10 foot is normally 4 -5 strides.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

The way I see it is that if someone's 15 or so feet away and they say bang yes I may be able to get to cover or they may miss, but the fact that the person didn't shoot me at that range means that they were trying to take my safety into account even if it wouldn't really hurt(or they were new and afraid of getting given out to for firing so close)
    But I much favor this situation than getting shot in the neck,head, arm and chest (and some other place) at 4 of 5 feet away.

*well he was beside a pallet which he shot two feet away from myself and it ricocheted into the lads.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

it should just be done away with completely as a rule. if people then want to offer it if they have the drop on somebody, and they decide to accept, then so be it.
    even to say that semi auto only is a must when close has its problems. at the end of the day, if you have alot of buildings at a site then semi is all you'd be able to use. in old hrta (completely indoors) it wasn't semi or bang rules as much as short bursts. you got hit by a few bbs but where under no illusion that you where not hit. and 10 feet was a long way away in there at times.

I agree. You don't need to be on semi to only fire one or two shots though, I think the idea would be more to avoid people opening up on full auto and hosing someone who was within 10 feet.

It all comes back to the old saying, treat other players as you would like to be treated yourself.

• Advertisement

Also, I'd like to emphasize that its a shot to the torso, not shots. Especially when they're already running away from you.....

PS: Dont hold me accountable for my language if you riddle me at point blank:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i very seldom give bang kills but i use pistols up close and shoot to the torso
    i take bang kills but prefer to be shot personally tho i don't believe that you have the drop on three at once

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I've given a very few bangs recently, and taken quite a few more. I have to say I'd prefer if people shot me in earnest, and saved bangs for when they'd hit me in the face or neck without it - but I appreciate the courtesy of it when there's no doubt I'd be hit and hurt without it. It actually bothers me that people use it when out of ammo, or the pedantry of it.

Come on people, we're all so anal about safety and wearing various protective items, we're not in any great danger - I'd be more concerned about point-blank blind-firing and intentional 1 metre head-shots by tools who need to be removed from the game. Less bang, more hit please.

To put it in perspective, I'm still limping from a footie injury from a month ago, and thinking of giving it up entirely because of the injuries from my hour a week of abuse. Airsoft is gentle mollycoddling by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Airsoft is gentle mollycoddling by comparison.[/quote]

Agree wholeheartily

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

kevteljeur wrote: »
    I've given a very few bangs recently, and taken quite a few more. I have to say I'd prefer if people shot me in earnest, and saved bangs for when they'd hit me in the face or neck without it - but I appreciate the courtesy of it when there's no doubt I'd be hit and hurt without it. It actually bothers me that people use it when out of ammo, or the pedantry of it.

Come on people, we're all so anal about safety and wearing various protective items, we're not in any great danger - I'd be more concerned about point-blank blind-firing and intentional 1 metre head-shots by tools who need to be removed from the game. Less bang, more hit please.

To put it in perspective, I'm still limping from a footie injury from a month ago, and thinking of giving it up entirely because of the injuries from my hour a week of abuse. Airsoft is gentle mollycoddling by comparison.

totally agree, no-one wants this sport turning into healthandsafetysoft just wear a mask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

I've given a very few bangs recently, and taken quite a few more.
    Whhhaaaatttt?:eek::eek::eek:

But on a more serious note. This is a very grey area. If players are frequenting sites where there is no bang kill rules, then they go to a site where it is enforced, it likely that they will forget/not be used to it.

Personally I use it if I only have a head shot available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

My take?
    You should have shot them both while they were arguing.
    If they argue that, call a marshall.

Secondly IMO, if the bang rule is to be suspended in favour of a single shot to the torso: People have to practice indexing, trigger control, and maneuver around objects.

Or else we are going to loose more teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Whhhaaaatttt?:eek::eek::eek:

But on a more serious note. This is a very grey area. If players are frequenting sites where there is no bang kill rules, then they go to a site where it is enforced, it likely that they will forget/not be used to it.

Personally I use it if I only have a head shot available.

Very CQB games at HRTA, and got bang-killed a lot (Vtec largely responsible); the best was the young fella who came up to Eric and myself while we were discussing our next move and said "Bang?". Technically, I could have shot him then, but it was a friendly game and he was new. I wasn't going to be pedantic about it.

I agree entirely with your sentiments, I think it's something that people should be aware of, but enforced only for real, genuine safety where you are likely to injure a player. Otherwise, let's take off the goggles and pads, and play like real men! :p

ive actually modified a couple of my guns for this exact purpose, bang kills can be controversial but getting shot is absolute. So yeah, i have stubby firing about 240-250ish so it wont really hurt anyone if i shoot them too close., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

anyone who played the initiation game of jugernaught at old htra knows that at the end of the day, small bursts don't hurt all that much. even at close range.
    there is no need to be over protective about getting shot, at the end of the day, as long as its not somebody unloading the whole mag, so be it. the game is about shooting at people and getting shot at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Those were some of the best days I've spent skirmishing. And whatever about small bursts, the full auto fire in juggernaut at distances closer than 10ft was taken in good humour and as a hazard of the game. I don't ever recall a person complaining once.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

Bang kill rule is for girls only. common lads it is not that sore, and if a shooter has a common sence he will not unload on you with in 1 meter range to make sure a kill. and if you got killed in a close range maybe you will learn next time not to expose your self a let kill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Tomazas wrote: »
    Bang kill rule is for girls only. common lads it is not that sore, and if a shooter has a common sence he will not unload on you with in 1 meter range to make sure a kill. and if you got killed in a close range maybe you will learn next time not to expose your self a let kill.
    Buck Fever
    n.
    Nervous excitement felt by a novice hunter at the first sight of game.

We've all suffered from it. Practice helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

the best was the young fella who came up to Eric and myself while we were discussing our next move and said "Bang?". Technically, I could have shot him then, but it was a friendly game and he was new. I wasn't going to be pedantic about it.

:p

That was a Wednesday night game. It was the young lad I brought. Still confuses the fcuk out of him as to what exactly went down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭nonex

the rules are not that hard to remember, are they ?

ELIMINATING THE OPPONENT

• Blind shooting is disallowed.

• Deliberate point blank shots are not allowed. Deliberate point blank shots are cause for immediate removal from the game. If this happens twice the participant will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

•However, we discourage shooting at the head, neck and groin areas. No participant may intentionally shoot at any other participant's head or face. Repeats will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

GETTING HIT

• Rounds that ricochet and hit do not count.

• If a participant's weapon is hit, it is considered useless.

• A participant that shoots himself or is shot by his own team mate is eliminated.

• If two participants hit each other simultaneously, both participants are eliminated.

• Any participant caught ignoring a hit during play will be considered eliminated and will be warned. If this happens twice the participant will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

ELIMINATION

• If a participant is hit anywhere, excluding the weapon, he is eliminated.

• An eliminated participant must raise his arms and call out that he's been hit.

• An eliminated participant should raise, remove his magazine, discharge any chambered rounds, turn the selector to safe, hold his weapon above his head and report to the staging area.

• An eliminated participant must remain at the staging area until the end of the game.

• No "liberating" of weapons and/or equipment from eliminated participants unless consent is verbally expressed beforehand.

• Eliminated participants are not allowed to communicate in any way with other active participants.

• Eliminated participants should leave their eye protection on. Never assume that everyone knows the game is over or hears the whistle.

• Active participants that walk with eliminated participants will automatically become eliminated participants. In the past, this unacceptable tactic has been used to trick participants.

• Eliminated participants should not shoot while on the way to and from the staging area, as this will distract and confuse active participants. This also means no discharging blank shots.

NEUTRALITY

• A neutrality symbol would be a weapon, without a magazine, held above the head.

• A participant is emphatically disallowed from shooting at any other participant showing a neutrality symbol, any non-participant or any staff member.

• No one may deliberately shoot an eliminated participant, staff member or spectator. Participants who do so will be immediately removed from the game. If this happens twice the participant will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

• Active participants that fire upon eliminated participants who do not clearly display the elimination signals and procedures cannot be held accountable.

• Eliminated participants, staff members, or spectators cannot be used as cover or shields.

SURRENDER

• Participants may ask opponents within 10ft to surrender, but the opponent is not required to respond. If they do respond that they surrender, it is the same as being eliminated.

HONOR

• Participants with tempers should leave them at home. Participants may not contact or grab anyone in an

Aggressive manner.

• Participants may not aggressively touch anyone or cause anyone to fall. Violation of this rule is cause for

Immediate and permanent removal without refund.

• No unsportsmanlike conduct, arguments, threats, racial or personal derogatoriness, abusive or foul language,

taunting, provoking, obscene gestures, or verbal aggression is allowed.

• Participants reported to be shouting "YOU'RE HIT!" or similar phrases at other participants will be considered to be displaying aggressive behaviour and will be warned. If this happens twice the participants will be removed permanently for the day without refund.

• Always give your opponent the benefit of the doubt.

Nah, IMO for a "silent kill" you have to tap them on the shoulder. That kinda signifies slitting their throat. If you offer a bang, its just that, a BANG. Yeah, technically you could headshot them but even then its possible they'd scream out or tense and fire their weapon. I think its fair he called out, but only if he does it straight away right where he was standing. Shoulda poked him.

They won't scream if you shoot them into the "apricot". No scream, no waving hands just instant relaxation.

I don't understand why ppl are coming with the ideas like "dead ppl don't talk" or use a red rag when you get hit". How lona ppl are playing 3 weeks? And that whole disscusion about "bang rules". It sounds like you guys invented it and now putting in to test. You don't use "bang kills" to humiliate other players. You don't use "bang kills" to wipe out whole opposing team on the one go. You are suppouse to use "bang kills" to avoiding risk of shooting your friend in the face from point blank or relativly close range. I personally appriciate "bang kills" but if i shout "bang" to one person and he doesn't seam to to take that hit I never give him that chance again. (Still trying to avoid point blank head shots). Your face and head is vulnerable you getting shot from point blank in arm or leg won't kill you.

andros wrote: »
    They won't scream if you shoot them into the "apricot". No scream, no waving hands just instant relaxation.

I don't understand why ppl are coming with the ideas like "dead ppl don't talk" or use a red rag when you get hit". How lona ppl are playing 3 weeks? And that whole disscusion about "bang rules". It sounds like you guys invented it and now putting in to test.

their not "ideas" they are rules, and they are rules that are played all over the world. We didnt invent them and im pretty sure were playing a lot more than 3 weeks.,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

He was standing about a foot away from me and I poked him with the barrel of my M4 and whispered bang...dont see how its fair if he shouts out in that situation? Imo, he shouldve just quietly regened and come back to get me!

He was standing about a foot away from me and I poked him with the barrel of my M4 and whispered bang...dont see how its fair if he shouts out in that situation? Imo, he shouldve just quietly regened and come back to get me!

Yeah, if you can poke him with the barrel then thats silent alright.

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    their not "ideas" they are rules, and they are rules that are played all over the world. We didnt invent them and im pretty sure were playing a lot more than 3 weeks.,;)

I'm not going into argument with you right now but all the posts in this thread give me indication that ppl are abusing simple commonly implemented rules. Bang Bang shuld be done this way not should be done this way. What that suppouse to mean? there are fully working ruls just some ppl can't or don't what to obey them simple as this.

Advertisement