Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bang Bang rules

Options
  • 22-06-2008 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Skirmish rules about bang bang kill, surrender, die or whatever you call a close qtr kill are a bit hazy in my eyes.

I would like to give a quick scenario and ask your opinions on who is right and who is wrong?

Scene

Player 1 at corner of a building, he knows 3 enemy are around the other corner from his teammates intel. Enemy 1 is 2ft from corner and enemy 2&3 are aprox 20ft away.

Player 1 takes corner and shouts bang bang.... bang bang firstly aiming at enemy 1 and the enemy 2&3. Enemy 1 gives up, Enemy 2&3 did not see player 1 until at least the 3rd bang shout. (they were taking fire from a differerent direction)

Enemy 3 says to player 1 "that's not 10ft, you should have shot me" :confused: A small bit of confusion ensued with the outcome being we both played on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I chose not to fire as it enemy 2&3 would have taken a dozen rounds each in the head (only goggles, no headwear). I wish i had now :mad:

My Question,

Who is right and who is wrong?

Who was right? 11 votes

Player 1
    0% 0 votes
    Enemy 3
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

easy, give enemy 2&3 each one shot from semi auto

so long as its over 10 ft its fine, aim low to avoid headshots :)

bang kill has to be 10ft or under, sure enemy 2&3 could call hit if someone shouted bang from

20 ft, but 20 ft gives you a chance to dive for cover or

return fire, so its unlikely a 20ft bang kill will be called, but if I was cornered I would call it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

IMHO : the bang bang is as good as being shot.the range should not be used to "escape" being hit.
    personally , i would have offered the bang kill and if not accepted then a shot to the leg or torso ,not the head.
    Most people will gladly take the hit and give a "well done " for being a sneaky so and so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

The bang rule is fairly clear really. Within 10ft you offer the bang kill. Beyond that, you fire your rifle/pistol.

If the person is beyond 10ft, no amount of shouting bang counts. If you're unsure about whether or not you should take the bang kill, take it anyway. Just as you would with a questoinable hit. It's only a 30 second walk to regen verus a 10 minute argument and a days worth of head shaking.

If two people turn a corner and shout bang at the same time to each other, the involved players can make the decision to both be counted as hit or both take 20 yards walk away and continue playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NakedDex wrote: »
    The bang rule is fairly clear really. Within 10ft you offer the bang kill. Beyond that, you fire your rifle/pistol.

If the person is beyond 10ft, no amount of shouting bang counts. If you're unsure about whether or not you should take the bang kill, take it anyway. Just as you would with a questoinable hit. It's only a 30 second walk to regen verus a 10 minute argument and a days worth of head shaking.

If two people turn a corner and shout bang at the same time to each other, the involved players can make the decision to both be counted as hit or both take 20 yards walk away and continue playing.

You can offer a bang kill over ten feet, but they dont have to take it. If you flank someone and they have no idea you are there, take aim at their arse and shout bang. If they turn their gun towards you take em out but most will call it straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I thought about firing but i'm didn't feel like giving someone a good dental flossing with a few rounds of .20g's :D

Thanks for feedback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yeah, just keep the rounds on the torso,.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

IMO a bang kill that is literally point blank, you both round a corner, is kind of clear cut, dont shoot, and they cant say you wouldn't have hit them.

Once its not point blank, but around ten feet or less (I don't care what anyone says, its not always easy to gauge distance under pressure) offer a bang kill, but be prepared to fire if they don't accept it was close enough to be a bang kill.
    A bang kill should involve aiming at someone and it being unreasonable to think you could miss, then shouting bang, if they turn to fire or do anything other than acknowledge the hit in some way, shoot them.
    If they moan they have ignored the bang kill so can't complain, make sure its loud enough so they cant say they didn't hear it.

@OP: at 20 feet you should have shot them, or at least have aimed at them when you shouted bang, meaning you would have shot them after they ignored it.

A bang kill is a courtesy, if they don't take it, shoot them.

Edit: at the end of the day, its a shooting game, expect to get shot now and then, it hurts a little but thats the nature of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Also one thing that pi**es me off...I had a nice position hidden where noone knew I was there. Enemy player walks in, and I whisper "bang" so not to be found by his teammates (eg. knife kill in real life). He walks outta where I was hidden and announces to his team "Im dead" thus giving away my position...is there a way to remedy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Also one thing that pi**es me off...I had a nice position hidden where noone knew I was there. Enemy player walks in, and I whisper "bang" so not to be found by his teammates (eg. knife kill in real life). He walks outta where I was hidden and announces to his team "Im dead" thus giving away my position...is there a way to remedy this?

No easy way of remedying it really. Just be thankful he didn't say 'He's over there!!!' and point at your exact position.

He may aswell have! He'd just walked in there and then walked out practically shouting "Im dead!". Maybe a no talking whatsoever rule for dead people?

• Advertisement

He may aswell have! He'd just walked in there and then walked out practically shouting "Im dead!". Maybe a no talking whatsoever rule for dead people?

Dead men can't talk should be up in the rules, bar frantic assaults, but definitely in the bushes and sniper games.

Most experienced players do this anyway don't they?

But it should be "Dead Men Cant Talk, AT ALL not even to each other."

Agreed, not a word until you regen. Though a lot of lads already do this, it's only fair.

But it should be "Dead Men Cant Talk, AT ALL not even to each other."

I think that is worth consideration as a rule actually, but a dead man does still have to put up his hand and walk away, would that give the game away also?
    Or perhaps is it at least more subtle.

In this situation they could've just walked off to their regen point, a sneeky bang kill usually means there was noone else who could kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

a bang kill is not the same as a sneaky silent kill though. you may have been able to whisper bang but at the end of the day, if you where that well hidden would you have been able to kill him in any other way other then to shoot?

A bang kill is supposed to be just to stop you having to take a hit from close range. it is not so that you dont have to give away you're position.

As far as dead men dont talk, if they dont talk and say "I'm Dead" or "HIT" there is the risk of taking more hits from others. Or, it could be a case of the team saying "where are you going" or "is that room clear" etc and replying that your dead and re-gening so you cant say anything about enemy positions.

I dont think its reasonable to expect people to be completely silent after being killed. people are bad enough when it comes to shooting people who have called their hits, god knows what could happen if people didnt know you where dead.

as far as distance is concerned, if its a quick draw situation, i would rather shoot because if i dont shoot and call bang, and the other person shoots and hits me, he would be in a better position as far as i could see it.
    Its also a curtesy, not a rule. if there is any chance of me being hit by calling bang, i wont do it. i'll just shoot. it causes to many arguments with distance and cover possibly getting in the way etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

In situations like that, i'd probably go with bang kill the first guy since he's close, and a single shot each at the other two, just so there is no confusion. As well as the distance, I wouldn't try bang kill 3 people at the same time, it just get's messy, bang kill is really only for the scenario where you are very up close with one person and you offer it as a courtesy.

exactly. if i knew there where 3 people, i wouldnt offer the bang and there would be arguments about how you could not have been able to shoot AND HIT all 3 of them without one of them hitting you first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

a perfect situation in which to emply a BB grenade :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Skirmish rules about bang bang kill, surrender, die or whatever you call a close qtr kill are a bit hazy in my eyes.

I would like to give a quick scenario and ask your opinions on who is right and who is wrong?

Scene

Player 1 at corner of a building, he knows 3 enemy are around the other corner from his teammates intel. Enemy 1 is 2ft from corner and enemy 2&3 are aprox 20ft away.

Player 1 takes corner and shouts bang bang.... bang bang firstly aiming at enemy 1 and the enemy 2&3. Enemy 1 gives up, Enemy 2&3 did not see player 1 until at least the 3rd bang shout. (they were taking fire from a differerent direction)

Enemy 3 says to player 1 "that's not 10ft, you should have shot me" :confused: A small bit of confusion ensued with the outcome being we both played on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I chose not to fire as it enemy 2&3 would have taken a dozen rounds each in the head (only goggles, no headwear). I wish i had now :mad:

My Question,

Who is right and who is wrong?

I would have bang killed the first guy and then double tapped the other 2 lads, if they were distracted by fire from another location you would have had plenty of opertunity to sight them and fire for the torso and at 20 ft the chances of missing are pretty low. Although the player rightly said "you should have shot me" becasuse you effectively doubled the bang rule distance and expected the same result.

Its funny though how a lot of people over estimate how small 10ft really is sometimes. ive had people chance it from silly distances and also in one case i had someone open up on me while sitting in a tree and he was both shooting and shouting "BANG"., lol he couldnt hit me with the BBs so there was no way i was gonna take the hit and when i heard the dry fire i just poped out and shot him., :D

Id like to see the "red rag" rule implemented at airsoft sites actually, Instead of all this confusion about people asking you if youd dead, just take the rag one, place it over your head and walk away saying nothing.,

• Advertisement

i like the idea of the red rag but it is as effective as walking with a hand on your head having shouted hit.
    also, it still relies on people seeing that you are displaying the rag to not keep shooting at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Stand 20 feet away from a friend who is aiming an aeg at you. Have your back facing them.

Try to dodge the BB when you hear the piston moving.

It is possible....therefore i agree that players 2 and 3 shouldnt have been bang killed.

I had a guy try to bang kill me from the other side of a cabin before. Now that distance is well above the 10ft rule, but to make matters worse, the guy was in the middle of reloading. Not only did he not have is rifle pointed anywhere near me, or even have a magazine in it, he wasn't even looking in my direction. He was looking in his pockets for his next mag.
    He must have just heard me round the corner and decided to shout it. To add insult to injury, he was absolutely incensed that I had shot him after he shouted "bang" and refused to take it.

in the above situation, keep shooting......... until you draw blood at least.

THE ABOVE COMMENT IS MENT IN A HUMOUROUS MANNER AND IS NOT MENT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, IN NO WAY SHOULD ANYONE EVER ATTEMPT TO SHOOT SOMEBODY UNTIL THEY DRAW BLOOD OR SHOOT ANYONE WHO IS INJURED.

I would however condone shooting somebody who attempts to argue a bang kill. they way i look at it, if he argues that you should have shot or that you couldn't have shot him, shoot them then and move on.

I did actually hit him a few more times but he still refused. Part of me wanted to go and use my rifle as a club, the other part of me said walk away.
    I did have words with him later in the safe zone about it though (when I calmed down a bit). He had the cheek to argue about it too, saying I shouldn't have kept playing after he shouted bang (ie, when I walked away to continue the skirmish). He didn't accept that a bang kill is offered and therefore does not neccessarily have to be taken, no more than he accepted that the range limit on a bang kill is 10ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

the main issue with bang kills is though it is a courtesy and as pointed out by spitfire its not a rule ,

is how its interperted by indiviuals there's the main problem ,

some people have have tried bang killing whole porta cabins for 20ft away from behind a stack of pallets ,

to the people who bang kill 6-8 people with out even drawing a side arm or pointing there primary,

at best of times bang kills are messy , i wont use a bang kill unless im less than 10ft away
    with my finger on the trigger and selector on semi,

i bang killed more people as a marshal for safety reasons more than ive bang killed in a skirmish,

but because theres no set rule of what exactly is a bang kill and its uses,

its going to stay messy

Dex in my view you were in the right ,you have to be aiming down the sites of your primary or side arm to bang kill somebody not just shouting ut

I agree with the above.

If you offer a bang kill you must be aiming a loaded aeg at the opponent, if they refuse it, then you shoot them.

Its a courtesy you offer them to avoid a painful point blank shot, they are never obligated to take it.

It is bloody airsoft after all, the game where you shoot people.

Actually, this isn't the first time this has come up on the forum, been argued and essentially agreed on, but nothing happen.

Can we try to come up with a definitive bang kill rule, that can be applied by the sites and enforced.

Here's my draft:

"A bang kill should be offered at less than 10ft,

You must point a loaded airsoft gun at your opponent and shout bang,

The opponent is not obligated to take the "hit" from the bang kill, in this case you may shoot them, this should not be an issue as you should have a loaded airsoft gun already pointed at them, and they have ignored the hit.

If an opponent is less than 10ft away, points his aeg at you and shouts "bang" you should treat it as being hit, if you believe he is further than 10ft away, or does not have his aeg loaded or pointed at you, you may ignore the hit if its reasonable to think the opponent may have missed or not shot you in time, following the rule that the opponents gun should be loaded and aimed at you, they should be able to shoot you even if you ignore the bang kill.

If in this case you shoot them and they could not shoot you, it is reasonable to think they did not have a definite kill and the bang kill was not valid."

I don't know if the first line should be "should" or "must",

I don't know if an opponent not hearing the "bang" should be mentioned, or what the rule should be on this.

The above is a draft, anyone who wants to propose a different rule fire ahead, maybe if we come up with something clear we can use it as the rule at sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Some sites don't use bang kills at all, they just have a semi and torso shots from within 10 feet only rule. I have found that this works out much better for 90% of situations to be honest, and when you really have the jump on someone you can offer them a bang kill even if it isn't strictly in the site rules, they'll either take it and be greatful, or ignore it and get shot.

I think, no matter what the bang kill rules are, people are always going to chance their arm and try to take out 15 people from 25 ft, with an unloaded AEG while facing the opposite direction and the likes.

I reckon if all sites employed the semi-auto/torso shot rule, and bang kills were just something that players choose to do off their own bat when they were feeling merciful then there would be a lot less bang kill shenanigans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Motosam wrote: »

"A bang kill should be offered at less than 10ft,

You must point a loaded airsoft gun at your opponent and shout bang,

The opponent is not obligated to take the "hit" from the bang kill, in this case you may shoot them, this should not be an issue as you should have a loaded airsoft gun already pointed at them, and they have ignored the hit."

Its entirely feasible that the first you'll know they're not taking the bang kill is when they swing and fire on you. If they hit you before you manage to get off a shot, who takes the hit ? Them, because you offered a bang kill ? Well, no, because they aren't obliged to take it. You, because you could have taken the shot, but didn't ? Well, no, because you could as easily have shot rather than offer a bang kill which they aren't obliged to take.

And before anyone says "Oh, but airsoft depends on the honour system and one or both players should just take the hit because its a 20 second walk to the regen point"....please...if that were the case we wouldn't be having these endless discussions on hit taking and bang kills.

Not having a go at you Sam, or anyone else, but I really don't think you can legislate for bang kills - there are too many variables to consider, not least of which is the state of mind or personality of the person on the receiving end.

Best thing in my not very humble opinion is to just carry on with the bang kill being optional for both sides, and let a marshal sort it out if there's a strong difference of opinion on the field. Plus we all get to rehash it on Boards and swap bang kill stories later. Which is fun, lets face it :)

Advertisement