Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library of The Nocturnal

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

kaimera wrote: »
    'Bringing Down The House'

Ooh, yes that was a good one!

Now reading Night Shift, by Stephen King. Tis a good one to read before bed cos it's all short stories, so you don't get suckered in and end up staying up too late and sleeping out the next morning and being late for work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Reading some short stories by J.D Salinger, and a Jane Austen book at the moment. Bitta chicklit when I don't feel like reading properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Sorry for the bumpage but I only noticed this now!

I bought a book yesterday called " Bandit Roads" by Richard Grant which sounds very interesting.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bandit-Roads-Lawless-Heart-Mexico/dp/0316729361/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216682282&sr=8-1

I'm also re-reading the Sabriel Trilogy 'cus they're deadly.
    And recently I re-read "House to House" by David Bellavia, which is an intense book to say the least (it's about one of the battles of Fallujah)

Lastly I had a brief read of "Notes From The Underground" which is pretty hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Currently re-reading Joseph O'Connor's Irish Male series, classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

At the mo reading a book of three novellas by dude called Jim Harrison bought it cause it was a euro and on a window sill! One of the novellas is Legends of the Fall can't wait to get to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

James Patterson, What a rush !
    Start off with his first book and you will be forever hooked on this man's storytelling.:)

Shawn Michaels autobiography :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Based on feedback in The Lair I suggest,
    American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Louise~ wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels autobiography :P:P
    Been there , read that ,( no one can say I am Bias ),still stick by regal's book for an honest read , and I loved Eddie's .
    But don't you think there was something prophetic in what happened after?.
    I so miss Latino Heat.
    But Eddie would be so proud of his mamacita right now,
    cause that is truely ,LATINO HEAT.

Been there , read that ,( no one can say I am Bias ),still stick by regal's book for an honest read , and I loved Eddie's .
    But don't you think there was something prophetic in what happened after?.
    I so miss Latino Heat.
    But Eddie would be so proud of his mamacita right now,
    cause that is truely ,LATINO HEAT.

Okay have read none of these! I was just trying to get some cheap heat on ya :P
    I've read Mick Foley's books, and the hardy boys (yes I'm a fangirl and yes it was muck) and possibly worst book in history is edges... bleh. toilet paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm rereading all the Terry Pratchett's that deal with the Night Watch's beloved Vimes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Galvasean wrote: »
    Based on feedback in The Lair I suggest,
    American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

A LOT of people are telling me I should read that, not sure that's a good thing though :o.

I'm rereading all the Terry Pratchett's that deal with the Night Watch's beloved Vimes. ;)

A shame about Terry Prachett.

Yeah. :(

Really awful thing to happen to anyone.

kowloon wrote: »
    A LOT of people are telling me I should read that, not sure that's a good thing though :o.

These people are clever. Listen to them.

How a shame?

I love all the discworld stuff, some more than others but all decent!

He's got some kind of Alzheimer's...

How a shame?

I love all the discworld stuff, some more than others but all decent!

He has alzheimers, no more books. :(

What?! :(
    I had no idea, what a terrible waste of a beautiful mind, the poor man...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I recently went through The Black Magician trilogy of books myself, very good and they get darker as you go through em, suits the tone of this forum well :p

• Advertisement

Tbh, I think it's a shame bout the books, but don't care too much. It's him and his family I feel sorry for. My granny had it for a year or two and it was horrible. Can't imagine what it would be like dealing with for a decade...

It's only a matter of time before the discworld "franchise" gets shat on by other writers looking to destroy it for an easy buck.

Okay have read none of these! I was just trying to get some cheap heat on ya :P
    I've read Mick Foley's books, and the hardy boys (yes I'm a fangirl and yes it was muck) and possibly worst book in history is edges... bleh. toilet paper
    Actually, I did enjoy reading Adam's book , like when he
    talked about being in the arena for " That Match ".
    And the fact that he was so greatful to his mam for getting him there. Did you not read how much he went
    through to get to where he is today, he has put his time in , in the right way , which is why he is respected now.

Tbh, I think it's a shame bout the books, but don't care too much. It's him and his family I feel sorry for. My granny had it for a year or two and it was horrible. Can't imagine what it would be like dealing with for a decade...

I feel sorry for the person like I feel sorry for anyone with the condition, to have your mind go is a terrible way to end things, but his body of work is how he'll be remembered.
    Look at how people tried to cash in on Tolkien after his death, Discworld will suffer more if someone mishandles the rights. I presume his family will control them.

Actually, I did enjoy reading Adam's book , like when he
    talked about being in the arena for " That Match ".
    And the fact that he was so greatful to his mam for getting him there. Did you not read how much he went
    through to get to where he is today, he has put his time in , in the right way , which is why he is respected now.

Now to be honest I thought it was badly written unemotional tripe! I read it in like an hour and wanted that hour back. I mean you can't even blame him cause I'm sure they got a ghost writer in, it should have been better. I've bought my fair share of wrestling crap over the years and I think that's the only thing that gave me no joy whatsoever. I mean his story may have been okay told differently but it was so bland it put me to sleep!

His daughter writes stories for games and used to be a jouranlist. If anyone takes over, I assume it'd be her.

I find it interesting taht Pratchett found God about the same time he got Alzheimers...

Isn't taht a great big coincadince?

People tend to turn to God at moments of great stress. No surprise there really. ;)

Galvasean wrote: »
    I find it interesting taht Pratchett found God about the same time he got Alzheimers...

Isn't taht a great big coincadince?

Playing for extra credit in case it all turns out to be real?

• Advertisement

Now to be honest I thought it was badly written unemotional tripe! I read it in like an hour and wanted that hour back. I mean you can't even blame him cause I'm sure they got a ghost writer in, it should have been better. I've bought my fair share of wrestling crap over the years and I think that's the only thing that gave me no joy whatsoever. I mean his story may have been okay told differently but it was so bland it put me to sleep!
    In fairness, he was out with an injury at the time , and had sweet F all to do with his time , so he wrote his story, and as far as I can see , he told the truth.
    Anyhow , when you have walked in his shoes , and travelled the miles that he has , he is intitled to give his story just as we are intitled to our opinion.

Advertisement