Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 spooki

aidofitz wrote: »
    Haven't spotted myself yet - think i should have dyed my hair green or something! Didn't see the indo and the mail thou - ive only see the times and the pictures on the internet (ones on this blog, and one on the sun site). I must be near enough to yourselves - which papers had the best pics? Hope they got your best side! :)

Hey Adrian! Nicola here :) We spotted you in the papers this morning! Check out the indo! And you were on the front cover of the Observer yesterday :D
    Loved being in the shoot - it was such a laugh! Am sorry now that I didn't go along on Sunday - but I totally crashed with the lack of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

What a great experience, a great laugh. Maybe it was the little bit of whiskey i had in my system to keep me warm, maybe it was the nervousness of being naked, and the shivering from being cold, but I had a great laugh and wonderful time on Fri Nite/Sat Morn. Myself and my girlfriend only hung around for the first shoot, because of the rain (Not hard core!) but it was briliant!
    Really enjoyable and wonderful to have been part of it! Noone I told about it can really believe we did it! I was pretty zombied tired on Saturday afternoon, it was hard to believe the photo shoot was only that morning, but thanks to everyone who joined in and the people who organised it, it was a great experience, and well done to all who braved the elements and participated!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Got up bright and early yesterday morning and bought all the Sunday papers (guy in newsagents looked at me as if i`d 2 heads),spotted myself in Indo but modesty saved by camera angle ...just seen "shark attack" photo posted here and there i am like the "Man from Atlantis" running out of the sea with my privates or lack there of from the cold for all to see.Have to do something about my Farmers Tan.Having said that def one of the most memorable nights of life and my 2 year old has learned a new word" nudies" from my wife showing him the papers yesterday.Just told my parents, good country folk that they are,what i was doing the weekend ..think my mother is organising some sort of prayer meeting to save my soul.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sunkist

How many people who attended the Spencer Tunick Photo Shoots would now go to a Nudist Beach?

a/ in Ireland
    b/ on Holiday
    c/ never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Have done abroad, would do in Ireland (weather permitting) & abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

How many people who attended the Spencer Tunick Photo Shoots would now go to a Nudist Beach?

It's an interesting question, but I really wouldn't equate the Tunick 'experience' with naturism. I've been a sometime nudist/naturist (on holiday) for donkey's years, but Saturday morning was something utterly different. Count me in for an official Irish nudist beach, but nobody should expect anything resembling the same manic buzz - quite the reverse, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aidofitz

spooki wrote: »
    Hey Adrian! Nicola here :) We spotted you in the papers this morning! Check out the indo! And you were on the front cover of the Observer yesterday :D

Hi Nicola! You must have better eyes than me - I got the Indo and I think i can see myself but im not 100% sure! Are yez in the same picture - thought I was standing around the same area as ye but can't see ye in it either?! Must try and get the observer as well - is it the same pic or a diff one? Really a great laff alright - gives a whole second interpretation to "best fun you can have with your clothes on"! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 FairStranger

Hi Nicola! You must have better eyes than me - I got the Indo and I think i can see myself but im not 100% sure! Are yez in the same picture - thought I was standing around the same area as ye but can't see ye in it either?! Must try and get the observer as well - is it the same pic or a diff one? Really a great laff alright - gives a whole second interpretation to "best fun you can have with your clothes on"! ;)

Hey Aido, J(onathan) here. Was great meeting you three there - Brigit, I saw your interview in the mail, great stuff!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

What a great day. For those that didn't see the Sunday Indo here you go.

58307.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Hey Aido, J(onathan) here. Was great meeting you three there - Brigit, I saw your interview in the mail, great stuff!

Ack- madly embarrassing was that one! The quote in there was actually not something I said- but then neither was the quote from the guy they profiled either.
    I was able to pick Nicola and I out by finding your blue self in the pictures! :D

• Advertisement

I can't believe everyone is on here!!! :D Maybe we can meet up and have that nice hot breakfast one of these days! The only thing I could possibly bring myself to focus on that morning was home, shower, bed!! It was a mantra at that point - brain wasn't much working aside from that!!

I know I've seen you all in some of the pics - but maybe you wouldn't appreciate me getting my photoshop out and posting the pics with arrows pointing to you!! :D It was easy enough for us with bridget's hair and my tanlines (and apparent inability to stop laughing!)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i think i can see me in one of the pics, but i can't really remember where i was standing. for his first beach shot, i was about 3 or 4 rows from the front and towards the left edge (that is, towards the land)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Sunkist wrote: »

a/ in Ireland
    b/ on Holiday
    c/ never

In Ireland, well weather doesn't really permit.
    On holidays, have done it already, its rather nice, very democratizing but quite different from the Tunick shoot, only hitch is you can get sunburned easily and some bits are not easy to reach unless you bring a trusted friend, which isn't always easy. I'd a very bad experience of burning to a crisp in Gran Canaria last year, so am slower to strip these days purely for that reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Have to agree. I've done it on holidays too, it's great, but not the same thing as ST. I think possibly its the close proximity to the others, or else its the scale of the event. I suspect the mass stripping in the underground in New york, would be more akin to ST, rather than nude beaches. I think they do it anually... if it ever came to Ireland I'd be well on for it!

Ack- madly embarrassing was that one! The quote in there was actually not something I said- but then neither was the quote from the guy they profiled either.
    I was able to pick Nicola and I out by finding your blue self in the pictures! :D

And here I always thought "blue with the cold" was a metaphor. Cheeky so-and-so's at the Mail misquoting you like that!

I can't believe everyone is on here!!! :D Maybe we can meet up and have that nice hot breakfast one of these days! The only thing I could possibly bring myself to focus on that morning was home, shower, bed!! It was a mantra at that point - brain wasn't much working aside from that!!

Yes, I now realise that I had never been truly cold until last Saturday. Any previous times when I may have thought I felt cold where entirely delusional.
    I know I've seen you all in some of the pics - but maybe you wouldn't appreciate me getting my photoshop out and posting the pics with arrows pointing to you!! :D It was easy enough for us with bridget's hair and my tanlines (and apparent inability to stop laughing!)

Thankfully, the photoshop won't be necescary; your descriptions where sufficiently graphic to aid my search!

Thankfully, the photoshop won't be necescary; your descriptions where sufficiently graphic to aid my search!

I must be really bad at this - still not sure I can spot ppl!! Are we in the photos posted on this thread? Am trying to Brigit's blondeness as a reference but still havent picked us all out!

On that note, whats with the lack of blonde ppl generally? Clearly blondes don't have more fun!!

I can't believe everyone is on here!!! :D Maybe we can meet up and have that nice hot breakfast one of these days!

Yeah - clearly only nerds get naked on piers at ungodly hours of the morning! I won't be getting up in time for breakfast any time soon at the weekend, I've done my quota of early morning saturdays for the year! Have to make it brunch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Yeah - clearly only nerds get naked on piers at ungodly hours of the morning! I won't be getting up in time for breakfast any time soon at the weekend, I've done my quota of early morning saturdays for the year! Have to make it brunch! :D

"God Ted, I've never seen a clock at 5 o'clock in the morning before!"

Yes, I now realise that I had never been truly cold until last Saturday. Any previous times when I may have thought I felt cold where entirely delusional.

Excellent! :D You were definitely on the front page of the observer on sunday - you're right behind bridget. Aido - thought I'd seen you but now can't find it - will have another look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

what an amazing day eh? a great day for ireland. unbelievable feeling running in to the water that time, everyone dancing and thrasing around, the sleep deprevation making it all feel a bit dream-like.

when and how can we do this again??

anyone have the picture of the herald from saturday?

pal of mine says she saw me on the front of it (i was fast asleep)
    "really?" i says
    "well a guy with a huge fat arse, looked like you" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

fits wrote: »

cheers fits - they're not the pics from the herald though (are they?)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

pokerpaddy wrote: »
    cheers fits - they're not the pics from the herald though (are they?)

I never said they were :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Anyone have mobile phone pics/vids of the morning? I know a few of the Issacs lads were taking a couple of pics before and after, and possibly during the shoot! Any geniuses able to put a board together to upload photos to?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Daz R1

Anyone here anything more about...... anything really ? Whens he releasing the pics ? when will we be getting them ? What print will we recieve ,the one on the pier or the water ?
    Any one got phone vid or pic's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eviantwix

Travelled up from Waterford for the instillation...glad I did, an amazing experience. Got talking to people around us (my sister-in-law came also;)) and hung around (literally!) with them both bare and clothed. The beach set up was the highlight for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

Daz R1 wrote: »
    Any one got phone vid or pic's ?

I was up the end near the light house with the other guys from Isaacs. Only got a couple of photo's on the phone before the start so they are pretty dark, but I'm happy to post them some where later in case anyone recognises themselves and wants a copy.
    Didn't get a chance to after coming out of the water though - like everyone else, we were so cold that taking photo's was the last thing on my mind!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

For those on facebook, there's now a Dublin Tunick group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17666058042

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Just thought people might like to know that if you log on to the Irish Times website and go into their photosales and enter the 23/06/2008 that there are more pictures not seen in the paper.Happy hunting for yourselves.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement