Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Just the beach again unfortunately, although I did see one side shot of Saturdays pic in the IFSC. I was only in the pier :-( Not enough insulation for the beach!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Yeah sorry there doesn`t seem to be any photos except long range shots of the pier.There are also some photos of people getting back on the buses and of the special installation in the photosales dated 21st and 22nd (see above.)

http://www.ireland.com/photosales/WebObjects/PSITShop.woa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Oh yeah, actually if you search for tunick, rather than the date you get more.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Have a few pics, looks like the facebook one could be the place to load them to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

PatB71 wrote: »
    Yeah sorry there doesn`t seem to be any photos except long range shots of the pier.There are also some photos of people getting back on the buses and of the special installation in the photosales dated 21st and 22nd (see above.)

Lulz at the one with the Dublin bus driver with his hand over his eyes, and the dove ad for fake tan on the bus. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

PatB71 wrote: »

Thanks for that link. Great pics in there!
    Those long range shots are beautiful too with the dawn colours lighting up the Sky.... It's unlikely, but wouldn't it be amazing if managed Spencer caught some of that dawn splendour in the pier shots!
    Although by the time we were doing pose two and staring up at those damn clouds and seagulls threatening to poo in our faces... there were no soft pinks and or orange left in the sky :(
    Here's hoping that the pint delivered in the door is amazing! But still, might buy one or two of those great Irish Times prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

scorplett wrote: »
    But still, might buy one or two of those great Irish Times prints.

I might too, considering its unlikely we'll get the beach one in the post anyway. Some of those shots are really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

strange that i can't see myself anywhere in any of those beach shots. i was about 3 rows back from the front (towards the pier) and near the left but it's like i've been airbrushed out of the pics or something! i've got a distinctive tattoo that i would definitely notice. i'm intrigued to find out what photos we're gonna get int he post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Do you know if we will all get the same print in the post, or will there be say, 3 or 4 that will be randomly printed and randomly sent? Or would that not make economic sense for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eviantwix

Very likely we will all get a pier shot gucci, beach shots were for the press. Does anyone think they were a lot more intrusive than the Cork pics. I'm not complaining, but some pepole might not have liked full frontal pic in the papers! My shrivelled manhood is clearly seen in the Irish Times pics!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Hi all

I had a chance today to be on the bridge of one of the ferries that passed us on Saturday morning, so I got a shot of the South Wall so that we can put a face on the area so to speak. It's not a great shot as today was a grey day, with cloud and it was raining - sound familiar :D , however put in to perspective 3000 naked bodies on this pier at sunrise, when you see the size of the lads fishing at the light house. Should be a great shot for Spencer.

Excellent photo ,gives a good idea of what the people on the ferries coming in that morning could see.Thanks.

Just for any thats interested I downloaded a free programme called FotoSketcher and with this you can transform pictures into works of art.Ideal for those who want to hang up a picture of the day with out showing their ass to family and friends. icon_lol.gif I`m not sure how to upload images here sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

Can't wait for the pictures to arrive, nice shot Buzz !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

I believe they can take up to nine months !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 eviantwix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

Oh noes! There we all are again. Front cover of Phoenix. In higher resolution and closer up than we want really:

http://www.phoenix-magazine.com/

carveone wrote: »
    Oh noes! There we all are again. Front cover of Phoenix. In higher resolution and closer up than we want really:

Speak for yourself. They obliterated me with the "bust" bubble :mad:. I was looking forward to the closeup :D

Speak for yourself. They obliterated me with the "bust" bubble :mad:. I was looking forward to the closeup :D

Well, to be honest I never found myself in any of the photos. I know I was in the middle of the sea group, mainly cause I was staying out of the wind and closer to bodies. For warmth that is... Besides, as a skinny(ish) white guy I don't stand out much.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are Tunick groupies - those that become addicted to running around naked and follow the guy around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭fits

I escaped that one, thank goodness. It is close, isnt it?

I'm not sure I would have gone, if I had known the press would take such shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I feared that might happen which is why I didn't do the beach shoot and I knew I made the right call when I got to the tea wagon and they rushed by with their huge lenses.

In fairness, I saw the pictures that came back from the Cork Installation, so at the back of my mind I knew that although we couldn't see the press that they would be there so I stayed in the middle of the crowd so as not to have my shrunken dangly bits all over the front page like some. I can only see my upper half ;).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

The only issue that I had with the beach shot was that the poses that Spencer Tunick went for were rather sombre and stilted whereas the mood of the crowd was one of euphoric belligerence. We may have been stark bollock naked, but we were still unmistakabley Irish in Dublin with all that viking and celtic heritage in plain view. I don't think Tunick knew quite what to make of us all tbh, which added to the fun.

As for the press, I ended up full frontal and recognisable in a couple of the shots, much to the delight of the girl friend, kids, friends and family. And why not?

For great imagery (art?), personally I love the cork pose with the flowers in the air, and doubt the final Dublin pictures will come close. Time may prove me wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

only saw this now and the phoenix doesn't have an archive - do you have the pics from it?

pokerpaddy wrote: »
    only saw this now and the phoenix doesn't have an archive - do you have the pics from it?

It's simply the beach shot, again, that people have posted on this thread several times (see two pages back). Except it was high quality and zoomed in a bit more than people would have wished.

You can just about see what I mean at the issue archive.

I'd like to add that there is an event coming up in London. Details here.

Edit: Sorry, that's an exhibition, not an actual photo shoot. Doh...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Has anyone received their photos yet? I took part on the north wall event and still haven't received prints.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Nope, no-one has, and by all accounts (read the rest of this thread!) don't expect them anytime soon.

• Advertisement

I think people who did the Vienna installation back in May(I think) started to receive their prints last week so I think we`ll just have to be patient for a bit longer unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement