Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lynan

will be heading up later tonight, fraid i was too late for the registering but will take my chances, would really appreciate details of where we are to meet.
    Michael

PatB71 wrote: »
    Driving up from laois tonight for the installation,will be on my own as mates/wife have given me a resounding no to the idea.So if anyone is stuck for a lift up please pm me before 4pm as thats when I leave the office to hopefully catch a few hours kip.No serial killers need apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭danindublin

Am I the only one starting to get a tad nervous/excited? Havent had my bits out in public since i was 2! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Am I the only one starting to get a tad nervous/excited? Havent had my bits out in public since i was 2! :pac:

A little bit, really just wishing more people i know were up for it. Not worried about the nakedness really, if it was a fully clothed event i'd still have same nervousness. I'm gettin freaked out about hanging round with big bunches of strangers for 5 hours. And it hasn't been that long since i've had my bits out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Are we meeting up for in pub drinks or on the street drinks?! If it's in pub I'd say reillys beside tara st dart is a better go... usually open late... Issac Butt's is good, but if closing early no good! Towel in hand or shoulder is a good marker...

If on the street I think being armed with the hip flask is the way to go... being cold and in the nip won't be too kind on the bladder... plus it's hard to suck in a gut when its full of beer!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

What a weird start to a weekend, it will certainly be a memorable one.
    I'm off to catch a few Zzzz will see you all at Isaacs just after 12 :D

• Advertisement

SQ2 wrote: »
    Are we meeting up for in pub drinks or on the street drinks?! If it's in pub I'd say reillys beside tara st dart is a better go... usually open late... Issac Butt's is good, but if closing early no good! Towel in hand or shoulder is a good marker...

If on the street I think being armed with the hip flask is the way to go... being cold and in the nip won't be too kind on the bladder... plus it's hard to suck in a gut when its full of beer!! :)

I'm not planning on drinking on the street. I think we should all meet up as planned outside Isaacs and then we can all decide on where best to go. We have lots of time between then and getting the bus.

Yeah that pub at Tara street station is good and as you said and I think someone mentioned earlier Isaacs stop serving early.

Cool, I'm off for sleepy time, see you all after 12

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

SQ2 wrote: »
    Are we meeting up for in pub drinks or on the street drinks?! If it's in pub I'd say reillys beside tara st dart is a better go...

In pub drinking it is and best to stick to the current plan at this late stage. Outside Issacs on Store Street just after midnight and we can take it from there sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jd2010

Is that pub near tara street also called, or used to be called 'the white horse' the one on the quays? Issacs is no fun, I've been there to see bands downstairs and stuff but the actual pub is a really dark and loud r&b spot with a mostly African clientel. Cool if you're into that but for tonights purposes i think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Think white horse is a different spot, but i could be wrong. isn't that the early house on the quays? if it's the one i'm thinking of i walked by recently and the name hadn't changed. Not sure where the pub people are talking about is though
    jd2010 wrote: »
    Is that pub near tara street also called, or used to be called 'the white horse' the one on the quays? Issacs is no fun, I've been there to see bands downstairs and stuff but the actual pub is a really dark and loud r&b spot with a mostly African clientel. Cool if you're into that but for tonights purposes i think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There's definitely a pub called "The White Horse" on the quays, near enough to Tara Street. We used to go there for boards beers a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr r

Hey I guess the meeting point is the customs house, what time??? only convinced myself to do this to day

Meeting point to go for a drink before getting the bus to the photoshoot is opposite Bus Aras on Store street, outside Issacs, just after midnight. We'll meet there at least and we can always head to somewhere else close by if we like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr r

thanks for reply, i ment to ask were is the bus pickup point and what time are they leaving at, cos i'll be driving into city so wont be on the booze, but still if i can't sleep i'll head in early and meet at the hotel.. might need some dutch courage..

Buses will be picking up at The Custom House, Docklands, Dublin 1 from 2.30am - 3am on Saturday 21st June 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 brendan4

Im thinking of going again! Anyone want to meet up, without the pub part?
    Was going to just go there for 3 and try to get some kip before hand. have to work tomorrow :=(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

omg I'm so friggin tired. Can I just go to a nudey beach instead some other time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well rested and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

ready to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

It looks cold out!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Jools Poker

Just back - drenched!! night started off really lovely -the sky was fantastic jsut before dawn and everyone's spirits were high- it was a positively balmy night! But then the crowds were huge and it took a long time to get organised and when we got naked the weather had changed -and there was a sharp nip in the air!! Took about an hour to get the first 3 shots ( passing P&O ferries and the like didn't help lol -but they got a great view:D)

Then we got dressed again -by this time it was raining and everyone's resolve was weakening - they had already decided to skip the 4th shot and go straight to the last one -which was to be ankle deep in the water offshore!!In the rain!! I have to admint by that stage our resolve waivered considerably and we joined the masses on the exit trail- fair play to those that stayed....hope the pneumonia isn't too bad:D

Really fun night, brilliant location for our shots out in the harbour and great camaderie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i'm just back myself... the beach shot was great fun, we all just ran amock on the sand screaming like nekkid banshees. it was definitely worth staying for, i was in crap form after the first shot cos i was so cold and my mickey was smaller than i'd ever seen it! banter was great though, while we were lying in the foetal position... i feel sorry for whoever was behind me looking at my amazonian crevice!!
    but for the beach shot i felt a lot warmer with the rain somehow, plus the running around helped... i was in the front though so i'm not sure how i'm gonna feel when everyone i know sees me in all my shrunken glory!

i've now been awake for 25 hours solid and i'm gonna be dying with the cold, but what a laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Then we got dressed again -by this time it was raining and everyone's resolve was weakening - they had already decided to skip the 4th shot and go straight to the last one -which was to be ankle deep in the water offshore!!In the rain!! I have to admint by that stage our resolve waivered considerably and we joined the masses on the exit trail- fair play to those that stayed....hope the pneumonia isn't too bad:D

Really fun night, brilliant location for our shots out in the harbour and great camaderie!!

I stayed for the shoot on the beach - it was fun! The crowd was slowly moving down to the sand, then a small group pulled ripped their clothes off and ran across the sand. That started a chain reaction, and suddenly everyone was running to the dunes, dumping their clothes and running across the sand to paddle in the sea. In the rain. And the cold. :D

The 'ole ole' chanting was fun.

Two very quick set ups were done in the water, everyone facing him and then everyone facing away. It was very fast compared to all the waiting around that there was for the first set up.

I'm going to have a medicinal hot whiskey now to fend off any colds. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Beerlao wrote: »
    i was so cold and my mickey was smaller than i'd ever seen it!

Speaking of mickeys, there did seem to be a lot more men there than women, or was that just the people that i saw? Anyone else think there was at least 65% men?

cuckoo wrote: »
    Speaking of mickeys, there did seem to be a lot more men there than women, or was that just the people that i saw? Anyone else think there was at least 65% men?

Hey Cuckoo, I saw yea there :)

If anything I'd say there where more women then men, it just hard to see from the crowds as women tend to be sorter but from the buses and other points the women definitely where in a majority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

cuckoo wrote: »

Not where I was. I was the only bloke with a group of nine girls that I met there. I'd gone on my own after everyone that was supposed to go backed out. Met a girl who works with my wife there too...

I didn't stay for the fourth photo because of prior commitments, but it was incredible. Such a fantastic morning & feeling after it. I'm still on a high, (& now suddenly interested in naturism). The photos are gonna be amazing.

Whoo hoo what a weird and wonderful morning. The beach shoot was the best, very cold but worth it.

Well done everyone :D

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0621/breaking16.html

OMG! That was truly amazing and like most things in life the people who shared the experience really made it special.

Good mix gender-wise, everyone was super nice and for those that stuck it out to the bitter end, on the beach and in the water, a special well done because that was just amazing.

Lads hope to catch you again soon at some stage...

Have to agree with everything everyone has already said. One of the best experiences I've ever had. Pity about the cold, but maybe that was all part of it. Amazing comradarie. I didn't stick around for the beach I'm afraid. Had to work today (guess where I am now... it's going to be a long day!)

Pride party tonight.... yipeeee!

How long after the first shoot did the beach etc happen and all finish up?

Maybe 45 minutes to an hour.

• Advertisement

Probably just as well I left then... not been a drama queen, but I think I woulda died if I stayed there that long! :D

Do you think we could ever convince the pride march to go nude? Awesome feeling. That moment, just when everyone started to disrobe together. Everything in your psyche and physical body telling you this is wrong, but still doing it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement