Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EllieN

Got mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Anyone get their email for the Dublin shoot today?
    I'm beginning to think I didn't put my name in early enough :(

Yep, Got a mail about it today with the details. Time on it was 18:47 though so it was sent fairly late in the day

Hoping they're not mad strict on this bit:

"The organisers of this installation reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone they deem to be intoxicated or exhibiting anti social behaviour."

Not planning on being completely locked but i'll probably go out Friday night and then wander straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

latenia wrote: »
    I can't believe so many of you are falling for this nonsense. This guy isn't an artist-he's a shameless publicity hound who's guaranteed to get his pictures published in the papers for a bit of 'legitimate t'n'a'. The first time I saw the pictures several years ago I did find it interesting and with some artistic merit; the 20th time it was just tedious.
    Remember 'The Emperor's New Clothes'? This is a literal re-enactment. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came out a few years down the line and admitted it was a stunt all along.

Ultimately all art can be viewed as a stunt of some sort, of course its difficult to make it look original every time when using mostly the same "raw material" (ie naked humans) but I dont think this guy is claiming to be Michaelangelo or Dali here. Art will always be subjective, no two will form the same opinion or see something exactly the same way.
    Its a bit tongue in cheek, and fun and this wont be the last shoot he will do.

I think the time, the place and the cold will sort out the people who are serious about this or not!! Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not, but afterwards I hope I'm glad I did it and not dying of the cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

So, just out of interest, and since all mine suddenly developed body issues, are there many people here going to this without any mates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubbers

yes i can't persuade anyone so will be going on my own. Am heading in from north county dublin if anyone needs a lift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

yeah, same here. Can't find any friends keen on the idea at all. (Well, none reliable enough to turn up anyway):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheOtherDave

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Yep, Got a mail about it today with the details. Time on it was 18:47 though so it was sent fairly late in the day

Got mine this morning, even though it was sent the same time as Davy's
    and I had checked a couple of time last night :rolleyes:

gucci wrote: »
    I think the time, the place and the cold will sort out the people who are serious about this or not!! Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not, but afterwards I hope I'm glad I did it and not dying of the cold!

Your right there, but a lot of revellers from the night before might cause a problem at the pickup point, maybe, maybe not.

JJDoherty wrote: »
    So, just out of interest, and since all mine suddenly developed body issues, are there many people here going to this without any mates?

Same here and for the same reasons as above !!

Your right there, but a lot of revellers from the night before might cause a problem at the pickup point, maybe, maybe not.

Ah no I wouldn't say so, the pick up point for the buses and stuff are not exactly prime location for party people, there are a few bars down there, but I dont think anyone will be bothering being there that doesn't need to be. so I'd say it will be quiet enough.

• Advertisement

gucci wrote: »
    Ah no I wouldn't say so, the pick up point for the buses and stuff are not exactly prime location for party people, there are a few bars down there, but I dont think anyone will be bothering being there that doesn't need to be. so I'd say it will be quiet enough.

Have to agree. Often end up walking that direction around that time after a night out and it's pretty deserted usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It is to be discussed on Liveline (Joe Duffy) this afternoon - 1.45pm RTE Radio one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

The Cork one happened last night and went well apparently...
    Few of the Cork boardsies did it too!
    Discussion in the CC forum. Kinda jealous i didnt do it now!

The Scientist-would you not apply for the Dublin installation ? I don't think this opportunity is going to come around again any time soon..I think there is still time :)

Just listened to the recording from early on this morning on Morning Ireland-red and white flowers and Blarney Castle hmmmm, a lot of waiting around and chilly but apparently all was quite calm-Ohmmmmm :cool:

Could the Dublin Installation be at someplace like Newgrange I wonder :D

Anybody else got any ideas of where it could be?

E

Ellie, I thought the location was given out in the info pack/release form :p

Though, I'd love it to be Newgrange too !!

I just heard it been discussed on Joe Duffy's show, A lady talking about what it was like in the Cork shoot and a guy from Dublin who's doing the Dublin shoot.
    They also gave out all the details of where it's been done etc :rolleyes:

The lady said it was great and to do it as part of a group !
    Anyone on for a group, or is that too freaky ??

@ The Scientist, Do it, you might never get the chance again !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

Indeed. The phrase "Please keep this information as confidential as possible" apparantly means go on radio and tell everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

Joe says he wont be around at the weekend but he has a copy of the email :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brigida

I'm taking part in the Dublin shoot. Can't wait. Unfortunately I have the same problem trying to get friends to come with me. Wusses! Everyone I know apart from myself has suddenly got issues with their bodies.

Just one thing bothers me - why is it supposed to be asexual? I feel sexy in the nip.

carveone wrote: »
    Indeed. The phrase "Please keep this information as confidential as possible" apparantly means go on radio and tell everyone.

Haha...was there any calls in the "Down with that sort of thing, careful now" agenda on the show?
    Fair play to them on giving out the location anyways!!
    There are 6 of us going, 3 lads and 3 ladys. Should be a bit of craic anyways....boom boom!

The photo on that link is actually a bit disappointing, thought it would be better.......

• Advertisement

Ellie, I thought the location was given out in the info pack/release form :p

I just heard it been discussed on Joe Duffy's show

carveone wrote: »

I thought the information I got is where we are going to meet up to be transported to the shoot not where the actually shoot is and that we would find out when we got there, oh dear...... :confused:

But in my defence :o I did speed read the info 'cause I was so excira and delirah that I got the email so maybe the EXACT location of where we are going to be photographed is contained in that email somewhere...I may go back and re-read it, verrry slowly :)

Right, done, I have it now :D:o:(:eek:

Joe Duffy, ehh? Never listen to him. "Ahh Joe, Ahh Joe" :rolleyes:

Gucci: I think that photo in the link looks like they were just getting set up, I don't think it's the finished product.

E

I don't listen to Joe either, but I seen the heads up about it been on his show on the Cork shoot page, and I said I'd listen for the people giving out about it :D
    but Joe (shock-horror) was in favour of it and no-one rang in after the break about it !!

@ EllieN, I had to re-read it a couple of times slowly too ;) it was exciting to get the email, especially when I thought I wasn't going to get it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

I hear the limited edition pics are worth a bit of cash on e bay. Any truth to this?

nevisgod wrote: »
    I hear the limited edition pics are worth a bit of cash on e bay. Any truth to this?

Could be, anything seems to be on ebay these days :D

For the record, I'm going to frame mine and hang it on the wall,
    I'll have earned it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Doin it too. always said I would if he came this way.. Is there limit to numbers on it? I know they're still taking entries anyways

Had to laugh at the email I got from them yesterday...

"Do not undress until directed to do so by the artist. "

could you imagine the chaos? uncontrolled nudity breaking out...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i'm going to this on my own, none of my mates are up for it. if we're going to be hanging around for 4 hours for this we should organise pre-nudey drinks so we're not all billy no-mates in the nip

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Would be good for drinks before as a mixer, but could you imagine the hangover kicking and you're freezing your (insert appropriate bits) off as well?! Falling asleep and not making it, or falling asleep in the middle of it! Yeah I'm in.

SQ2 wrote: »
    Doin it too. always said I would if he came this way.. Is there limit to numbers on it? I know they're still taking entries anyways

See the website is showing no more registrations now for Dublin. Maybe they have reached the numbers they want already?

Maybe the 1,100 people in Cork had such a great time they all went and registered for Dublin straight away today!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was thinking about this today. Too late to register, but maybe I could use someones who isn't going? There's bound to be a few backer-outers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement