Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spencer Tunick Shoot

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Good luck to everyone doing it in Dublin.
    I did it in Cork and it was an amazing experience. Will never forget it. Great sense of togetherness and comradare, even though I was doing it on my own.

Just a note on the photos in the press and online; they are not the official photos. The ones by the artist should be even more special since he was in the best vantage point, with cherrypickers, etc.

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

EllieN wrote: »
    Did anyone read the Participant Release Form?

E

why?
    is there something important I've missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Release forum.

For good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby
    irrevocably consent to, and authorise the use and reproduction by, Spencer Tunick/Naked
    Pavement of any and all photographs and videotape/audio/film footage that he or anyone
    authorised by him has taken of me for any purpose whatsoever without further
    compensation to me
    . All negatives and positives together with prints and
    videotapes/audio/film footage shall constitute the property, solely and completely, of
    Spencer Tunick/Naked Pavement.

I certify that I am 18 years of age or older. I fully
    understand and hereby assume all of the risks and dangers by participating in this art
    event. I participate willingly and voluntarily and assume full responsibility for any personal
    injury occurring as a result of any accident that may occur. I specifically understand that I,
    my personal representatives and my heirs are releasing, discharging and waiving any
    claims, actions, and losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of
    services, or otherwise, that I may have presently or in the future, for any negligent acts or
    other conduct by Cork Midsummer Festival, Dublin Docklands Development Authority,
    Spencer Tunick/Naked Pavement, or his representatives.

I authorise Cork Midsummer Festival and Dublin Docklands Development Authority, with
    written permission of Spencer Tunick, to distribute and reproduce my image for exhibitions
    and for the promotion and information around Cork Midsummer Festival and Dublin
    Docklands Development Authority.

This authorisation holds for the legal duration, for the
    whole world for every distribution by every means of public representation especially
    televisual, audio, numerical, Internet and on every reproduction medium notably on paper
    support (press), numerical support (CD-ROM) and the official press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

Mairt wrote: »
    Looks like I'm set to go now :D

Anyone interested in a meet up?.
    Beerlao wrote: »
    i'm going to this on my own, none of my mates are up for it. if we're going to be hanging around for 4 hours for this we should organise pre-nudey drinks so we're not all billy no-mates in the nip
    JJDoherty wrote: »
    I think this is a good idea as well, meet somewhere near the pick-up point at around midnight and have a couple of drinks, then we can go together. May help with the self-conscience nature of going by yourself. Any further thoughts on this?
    darn wrote: »
    Sure, if we're meeting up first then count me in.
    DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I'd probably be up for meeting. I'm still not sure what my plans are, waiting to find out if anybody i know is doing it. I'll confirm closer to Sat, but yis can count me in for now.

Is everyone quoted still up for drinks before catching the bus??
    Everyone has gone very quiet since iMax had his say lol :pac:
    iMax wrote: »
    You want to meet strangers from the Internet, get intoxicated & then take your clothes off with them...

Them's my thoughts on it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

IT also states anyone who is believed to be intoxicated will not be allowed to take part.
    So mind yourselfs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Sifpilsen

I say we should be grand as long as people know to restrain themselves concerning the drinks. This kind of event is much better when sober, or at least able to do all the poses Spencer would like to take us through.

I don't know anything at all about Dublin and where a suitable meeting point is. So if someone with local knowledge could say a place where one can come with a backpack without being thrown out it'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Naked sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Second email received today.. some points of interest..

There has been an overwhelming response to the installation and registration is now closed. Only those who have registered in advance will be accommodated.

Met Éireann are saying that Saturday morning should be dry but may be chilly so please wear warm clothes and bring a towel.

Please be aware that Spencer Tunick will take a number of photographs at this site. Some of these shots will involve a walk of up to 20 minutes to the changing area.

Media will be in attendance at the installation, though they will have to adhere to strict guidelines regarding the appropriateness of images generated and identity protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Was just about to post that myself.

"There has been an overwhelming response to the installation and registration is now closed. Only those who have registered in advance will be accommodated. "

Could be a problem for the people who have been forwarded the stuff. On the other hand the first mail did say bring friends and family. Personally i doubt they'll turn away anybody without a completed form.

Still, no harm to be aware there is some risk of it.

And yeh, I'm still up for meeting before. Who's gonna name the time and place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brigida

At this point I will be proud to show my face along with the rest of me. I thought the people in Cork looked lovely. I have nosey relatives and so-called friends attacking me over this and trying to get me to back out but it's made me all the more determined to do it. I am going to throw caution to the wind and just enjoy.

• Advertisement

Is this a goodbye to hung-up Ireland!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

20 minute walk ??? WTF ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A twenty minute walk!.. I know the South Wall area well, so I'm thinking that the shoot must be up along the wall, up by 'The half moon club' bathing area or even the lighthouse its self.

I'm slightly worried now about the registeration as I've had my documents forwarded to me, but as I'll be finishing work in the area at the start time I'm still presenting myself.

If I'm turned away, I'll walk home naked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubbers

There is a bar hotel oppisite store st garda station and beside Bus eireann not sure what it is like but i would be up for meeting if anyone else is. Suits me to get last train into dublin and early train home. Also wife was going to do it but i think she is backing out so meeting up for moral support would be good anyones opinion on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sifpilsen

Dubbers: a (google)map reference would be good.

53 20' 57.57N 6 15' o5.75" W is the area where the bus is picking us up you can see where store st is. Not sure what the hotel is like anyone who has been there got comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 frice1710

Hi

Are people meeting up before the event, I registered a few weeks ago when i heard about it and like a lot of ppl friends have developed issues with it etc... So im goin on my own.... :( .....

If people are still meeting up that would be great cause i think the moral support would be good.... I'll keep an eye on the forum tomorow to see where and when i suppose.....

Lookin forward to it now actually......:):)

frice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 threefive

Have been away for a few days. Couldn't believe that registration was closed. Can anyone help me out with the forms and locations. Used to walk the south wall regularly and the chance to be a part of this would be fantastic. Queen Bee not convinced that it will be a good idea. Early in the morning and cold weather doesn't appeal. If forms can be provided I will have another go at convincing her. I would hate to miss the opportunity. Surely there will be an amount of no shows and volunteers with forms filled out will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 edthetedkelly

Could anybody forward on the registration forms? I was out of the country and only heard about this now. Would love to be a part of it. edthetedkelly@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't have a form, the link is gone. But I'd be happy to meet in that hotel beforehand and try to worm myself into the shoot somehow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 poh

The hotel across from Store St Garda station is Hotel Isaacs.

http://www.isaacs.ie/isaacs-dublin-hotel/location.aspx

The last trains and buses are 11.30ish so how about meeting outside Isaacs between 12.10 and 12.20?

Everyone will have a bag of some sort so will be easy to identify

Does that sound ok to everyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 edthetedkelly

Sounds like a plan to me poh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 frice1710

Sounds good to me... Hotel Isaacs it is then......12.10....

See yee all there!!!

WindSock wrote: »
    I don't have a form, the link is gone. But I'd be happy to meet in that hotel beforehand and try to worm myself into the shoot somehow ;)
    http://www.spencertunickireland.ie/Participant_Release_Form.pdf

That sounds perfect to me as well, there are people on another board that are looking to meet up as well
    http://www.spencertunickforum.org/group/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'll see yis there, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 darn

poh wrote: »
    The hotel across from Store St Garda station is Hotel Isaacs.

http://www.isaacs.ie/isaacs-dublin-hotel/location.aspx

Think I know the place so sounds good to me, I'll be there.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Driving up from laois tonight for the installation,will be on my own as mates/wife have given me a resounding no to the idea.So if anyone is stuck for a lift up please pm me before 4pm as thats when I leave the office to hopefully catch a few hours kip.No serial killers need apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

Outside Issacs just after midnight it is then, will be there too, towel in hand!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 phoneix

Hello,
    This should be a fun sunrise shot. I think that I will go straight to the customhouse or perhaps one/2 in Kennedys beside Tara St station but I was wondering if anybody had any postphoto plans to meet up?I'd love to go to an early house (dressed) to celebrate the longest day and chat about the naked event.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement